Truth Seeker

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Kyleen17

Truth Seeker

Postby Kyleen17 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:59 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
I’m learning a lot about this. I have been on a self realization path for many years and have recently came across the work of Byron Katie and Neal Donald Walsch and was introduced to the idea of no self and deep down I know this is true and I’m looking forward to actually experiencing it.

What are you looking for at LU?
Insight,guidance,truth. I believe we are all god individualized and we are all really one. I’m looking for truth if there is a soul or not. I love hearing other people’s truth and experiences and how they got there. I spoke with an instructor last night and was hoping I could work with her. Her name is anastacia42.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
Honesty and if possible lack of judgement. I would like to also be completely honest and judgement free with them as well. My path is one not taken my most people and I have heard many assumptions and judgement.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
My experience is that I have had a lot of pain and suffering and due to that have been seeking truth and freedom.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

Anastacia42

Re: Truth Seeker

Postby Anastacia42 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:48 am

Welcome, Kyleen!

I told them yes. you were expected. Good. Let's begin.

You'll get little judgment from me. Mostly, I ask questions & function as a guide. not a teacher.

If you haven't already read the disclaimer, please read it now and just confirm to me that you have read it. Here is the link.

http://liberationunleashed.com/disclaimer-2/

Also please read “Liberation Unleashed is not …” in the FAQ’s of LU. Here is the link.

http://liberationunleashed.com/about/faq/#faq-1041

Some housekeeping guidelines:

1. Post at least once a day, or every second day. If you need more time, or are unable to post for several days, just write a quick post on your thread to let me know please.

2. There is no one judging answers given, so please be100% honest in your answers and inquiry.

3. This exploration is based on actual experience (AE) - smell, taste, sound, sensation, colour and observed thoughts. Long-winded analytical and philosophical answers are best avoided and may even hinder progress. This is not a self-improvement process. There is no ‘self’ to improve.

4. Put aside all other teachings, philosophies, rituals, practices, books/reading and so on for the remainder of this investigation. Really put all your effort and attention in to seeing this reality, as it is. If you have a daily meditation practice, it is fine to continue that but is not necessary for this exploration.

Technology is not perfect and sometimes there is a glitch which can wipe out your responses. It is advisable that you copy and paste questions asked into Word, answer them there and then copy and paste them to your thread. Always save a copy of what you have done, it will save time in the long run!

To begin with, so that we both become aware of what your expectations are about this exploration. In your own words (not from actual experience, but just honest answers), could you please answer the 4 following questions:

How will life change?
How will you change?
What will be different?
What is missing?

Throughout this exploration I would like you to answer all questions that I have written in blue text.

Please answer questions individually, remembering to use the
quote function
to highlight the question being answered.

Please be thorough, but specific & concise in your replies. I know you're very verbal, but as we discussed, content of thought is not helpful here. We want only what is seen. I'll post more about that & it is my job to keep us on track.

Relax & have fun. Stress & trying too hard get in the way. Glad you're here!

Much love,
~ Stacy

"Not to know there is an alternative to being lost
in thought is to be a kind of prisoner."

~ Sam Harris

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:57 am

PS be sure to subscribe to your topic either at the bottom of replies or using the little wrench icon at the top.

Also. there's a video on the quote function at the top of the Gate forum if you need it.

Using the Preview button is very helpful.too.

It's often good to read "Gateless Gatecrashers" from the Resources tab at the top. Some people see just reading the experiences of others.

Loving,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Kyleen17

Postby Kyleen17 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:28 pm

i would not want life to change. I want to see it for what it is. Same goes for myself, if there is one.[/b]

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:05 am

Hi Kyleen,

Will you please answer each question separately, like this:
How will life change?
Answer

How will you change?
Answer

What will be different?
Answer

What is missing?
Answer

Blue is for the questions. You won't need to put anything in blue.

All of this makes it easier for me to read. I appreciate it!

Thank you!

Much love,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:24 am

It's funny... that sentence does seem to ask you to post answers in blue. I'll have to fix that ambiguous wording.

Thanks!
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:50 pm

Good morning, Kyleen

I haven't heard from you since Thursday. Is everything okay?

The agreement to post every day is for your benefit. Keeping the momentum going is important for you. It will help you to see.

Much love,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Kyleen17

Postby Kyleen17 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:45 pm

Hi I’ve been sick for the past couple days and wanted to make sure I answered them to the best of my ability. I’m hoping to sit down with them tonight or tomorrow. That’s my fault I should of kept u posted. My apologies.

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:54 pm

Oh! I'm sorry. Just let me know when you're delayed. It's fine to wait until you're better.

Much love,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Kyleen17

Postby Kyleen17 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:28 am

Thank you for understanding! I will repost tomorrow!

Kyleen17

Postby Kyleen17 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:24 pm

If I’m not doing these right please let me know
How will life change?
“I don’t believe life or reality itself will change just my relationship to reality and my perception of it. I also don’t believe I will put as many labels or judgements onto reality and hopefully will see it as it is.

How will I change?
“My “identity” will change and with that so will everything else. I believe we are raised with certain constructs and broken fragments of what reality is to each of us and instead of seeing just the fragments(or my beliefs) I will be able to see the whole picture. The more my mind expands the more I realize how narrow minded I used to think and because of that I didn’t allow much room to grow or accept other beliefs. The beliefs became my identity and if anyone had a different perception my identity became threatened. I don’t want to live like that any longer. I want truth.

What will be different?
“My acceptance of life on life’s terms. Ya know I’ve heard that saying for years and it has just recently taking on a whole other view in my eyes. I will be different by just allowing reality to be what it is and not what I think it “should” be.

What is missing?
“My awareness past the illusions of this life. When people speak of no “self” that speaks true to me but the actual experience is missing.

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:44 pm

That's great, Kyleen.We just want your expectations out in the open.
Please learn to use the quote function. That helps me a lot.
Go to the top of The Gate & watch the video. Use the Preview button to see if it looks right.

What comes up when is read there is no self & never had been? It's a made up story.

You've mentioned this a couple of times and I suspect I know your answer.

Much love,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Kyleen17

Postby Kyleen17 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:37 am

That's great, Kyleen.We just want your expectations out in the open.
Please learn to use the quote function. That helps me a lot.
Go to the top of The Gate & watch the video. Use the Preview button to see if it looks right.

What comes up when is read there is no self & never had been? It's a made up story.

You've mentioned this a couple of times and I suspect I know your answer.

Much love,
Is this correct? I can’t find the video but I hit the quote button.
So what comes up when there is read no self and never has been that it’s a made up story is kinda what I’ve experienced the past week. I know I mentioned it to you and I know Katie has mentioned It but I really feel like I’m being done. It’s hard to explain. Like I don’t necessarily have to think about what to do next I just hear the voice to do something and 9 times out of 10 I do it.( there is still some internal conflict not nearly as much as it was a week ago) but I’m clear enough to hear the guidance. So that’s exactly what it is to me,guidance. I didn’t have to sit and plan what to do next, I’m being done. When I first heard that expression I had NO IDEA what it meant but now I do. So over the weekend when I was sick I had an experience that normally I would feel guilty about and beat myself up over, but I was being done. I didn’t know why I was doing what I was doing but I trusted. No internal war and no feelings of regret or guilt after. It was the most surreal experience I’ve had. I was just looking forward to seeing the outcome without fear.

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:54 am

Hi Kyleen

That's great. So. those first 2 questions are to see where you have expectations or fears. Those are the only 2 things that can get in the way of your seeing. And yes you're already seeing. Let's just polish it up.

As for the Quote Function. here is the link from the top of The Gste forum. What you did is close.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=660

Here is the Colored Socks exercise I told you about:

Colored Socks

There is a big difference between knowing that there is nothing to give up and seeing that there is nothing to give up.

Here is an example to illustrate the difference:

If I ask you what color socks you are wearing right now you have two ways to come up with an answer:

• You can think about it, you can think back to this morning and try to remember putting your socks on, and you can probably tell me what color you think they are.

• Alternatively, you can take a quick look at your socks and tell me what color they actually are!

Hopefully you would agree that you can only be 100% certain by looking.

For the purpose of seeing this "no self" idea, it is very important that you are clear about this difference.

Knowing is about knowledge which is all in the mind and we are not interested in that

We are only interested in looking at and seeing what is actually going on in your present moment-to-moment experience. We are only interested in your Direct Experience in the moment..

Direct or Actual Experience is

Seeing
Hearing
Feeling (Sensation, not emotion. Emotion is Sensation plus made-up thoughts & labels)
Tasting
Smelling
Thoughts Arising (but not their content)

Please let me know if you are clear about this or if you would like any further clarification. Also, you didn't mention whether you read the 2 links before about Disclaimers & Whst Liberation Unleashef is Not. Did you read those?

Remember to use Preview to see if the Quotes worked, ok?

You're doing great.

Much love
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Kyleen17

Postby Kyleen17 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:00 am

Please let me know if you are clear about this or if you would like any further clarification. Also, you didn't mention whether you read the 2 links before about Disclaimers & Whst Liberation Unleashef is Not. Did you read those?
So what I gather from your example is that recalling my answer from memory is knowledge,images,imagination etc and when I look I’m actually in the experience of it. And yes I read both links

Return to “THE GATE”