tinyglint

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
tinyglint

tinyglint

Postby tinyglint » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:32 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
I understand by this that the notion of 'self' arose in language. We were all born as simply a clearing for this world to show up in. I think I have thoughts, feelings, body sensations, senses that arise separately in this world. I think I am the centre of consciousness. When, in fact, I am just a space for all of it.

What are you looking for at LU?
I am looking for more ways to hone in on my direct experience of no self. To master seeing my thoughts, anxiety, anger, depression, jealousy and always having to do something and get somewhere. Then to disappear this all encompassing machine I am stuck in and spend more time in the practice of just being. Leaving me free to be someone who is connected, kind, present to people and can support others to experience the same.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
Simple, powerful and effective ways to view things that I haven't seen before therefore allowing me to continuously break through to the direct experience of no self. A safe, comfortable and empowering environment where I can be authentic and open. A conversation that challenges or confronts me.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
I have completed some personal development courses, read meditation books, listened to dharma talks by theravada monks, completed short Buddhist meditation retreats, have a daily self meditation practice, am open to learning about all religions, have a keen interest in the wellbeing of the world in general.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

Vivien

Re: tinyglint

Postby Vivien » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:06 am

Hi,

Welcome to Liberation Unleashed. My name is Vivien and I'd be happy to assist you in your inquiry.

This is going to be your inquiry. I will not be giving you new ideas and beliefs; only assisting you in examining and questioning the ones that you already have. We can have a conversation and see where it takes you.
The purpose of which would be for there to be a realisation, more than just intellectually, that there never was and never will be a separate self, as, such. All our efforts will focus on that.

I will tend to ask many questions. That's my job here. These, will be pointers towards no self. It will be for you to examine your experience to find out what's true or not.

I would like to ask you to write only from your experience as you see it, what feels true, with whole honesty.
And also post daily.
If you cannot post, or need more time, please let me know.
Can we agree on these?

Could you please tell me what are you really looking for? How would your life change if you find that?
What are you hoping for to change?
What do you hope that should happen?
Do you have an image in mind how seeing through the self-illusion would be like or feel like?

Vivien
The most profound discoveries arise from questioning the obvious.

Blog: https://fadingveiling.com/

Return to “THE GATE”