An Interested Explorer

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
chrisjrow

An Interested Explorer

Postby chrisjrow » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:03 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
That there is no individual self and that we are all part of the same ocean or pool.

What are you looking for at LU?
To learn about the lack of self and individuality and what this means. I feel I am at a point in my life where I want to explore this further after 2 years of living through what is essentially an existential crisis and researching similar topics.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
I learn better/absorb information better by talking to people who have been through and experience. It also helps to build trust in the subject matter. I have talked to a friend who has been through this experience and think that a guided conversation would be more appropriate for me.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
I have made some study of Buddhism as a religion that Identify with in terms of some of its teachings. Whilst studying this subject I have come across similar concepts of the lack of an individual self.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

Ilona
Site Admin

Re: An Interested Explorer

Postby Ilona » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:56 am

Hi Chrisjrow.
Welcome to the forum!

Glad you made it here. Let’s have a conversation and see where it takes you.

You say that there is no individual self, great. How do you see that in your own experience? What does this mean to you?

All I ask for is to answer from your own experience as you honestly see it, what is true to you. It’s good to reply at least once a day, for the duration of this conversation.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Love.

Return to “THE GATE”