Undone

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Gcl

Undone

Postby Gcl » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:05 pm

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
I understand that that my life is a story made by choices of understanding as time went by. The choices were made by what,I perceived at the time. So no real "you".

What are you looking for at LU?
Actually I am not sure. I have been journaling for years, I have had insights , but what remains is seeing thoughts as they are. To me they are energetic frequency waves. But why have them?anything we think is thought.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
As a mirror, to bounce back from anything I may not be seeing. Or maybe I have seen and thinking to myself there may be more when there is nothing more to be seen. It's that I understand about seeking, but yet I seem to linger on.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
Meditation every morning. At least two hours. Journal. Introspection. Reading. I have read two of your books. Several Alan Watts books, jung, neitche, several others.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

SeeEye

Re: Undone

Postby SeeEye » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:32 pm

Hi,

We can walk together for a while, provided that you are ok with the setup here, which is:

-I ask you questions, you look into them and work with them as best you can.
-You commit to post every day or as close as possible.
-Be as direct as possible, as too much background, thoughting and multiple compound questions make this confusing.
-Be honest. What you are experiencing, your emotions, all good.
-What we are looking into is seeing...direct experience, not content of thoughts, past and what most consider therapy.
-You are healthy and balanced enough to do this work. Please read the following disclaimer and acknowledge for me...
http://www.liberationunleashed.com/register/disclaimer/
-Stop reading from multiple sources and teachers for a bit

Please use the quote feature, so this is easy to follow and makes sense. Cut my question, then answer, like I did below for Q2.

1) Would you please tell me about what you expect is going to happen from seeing no-self? What do you want from this? What is going to be different in your life?
but what remains is seeing thoughts as they are. To me they are energetic frequency waves. But why have them?anything we think is thought.
2) Tell me more about thoughts. Are they real?

3) Do you think you have "seen" no-self directly? Tell me more.

Gcl

Postby Gcl » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:00 pm

I'm not sure,if this, is what you want me to reply. Here we go. What's real. I know,that real is anything that is now. Thoughts come and go as energy patterns like waves. The mind is real. But to ask me if they are real, I hear them, but if I act on them , it becomes a, reaction. No. Not until I react to them, and then no.

yes I have seen no self. I realized that all we are is a story. An identity that we believed in by what we believed over time. Our language is learned, and therefore limits ourself to "see" things as they are, and not our interpretation of it.

SeeEye

Postby SeeEye » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:18 pm

Hi,

What would you like me to call you?

For quotes, copy the text you are quoting, hit the quote button, then paste it in between the ][ brackets.

1) So what are you hoping to gain? How can I help? Is something missing?

---------------------
Our experience is through our 5 senses plus thought. Thought is an inner representation of things, mainly internal images/movies and dialogue/sounds. It is rare to think in terms of smell and taste. Emotions are an after-product.

Thoughts work the way a dream works, except we don't take dreams to be real. Thoughts about Santa or Bigfoot do not represent or point to anything in reality. Self is contained in thoughts that tell a story but actually point to nothing. The seeing of this happens directly and in real time, it is a recognition of a truth. The mental construct/programming of self will still run on, and further practice helps lead towards a more consistent thoughtless state, which brings joy.

2) Do you agree with the above? Is this your experience also?

3) "Mind" is a concept. "When the mind unceasingly investigates its own nature, it transpires that there is no such thing as mind. This is the direct path for all". ~Ramana Maharshi

Let me know what you think on the points above, and we can go from there.

Gcl

Postby Gcl » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:41 pm

Hi,

What would you like me to call you?
you give me what you would like to be called.
For quotes, copy the text you are quoting, hit the quote button, then paste it in between the ][ brackets.

1) So what are you hoping to gain? How can I help? Is something missing?
not wanting to gain actually. Something missing, see that's the dilimma. How would you know?
---------------------
Our experience is through our 5 senses plus thought. Thought is an inner representation of things, mainly internal images/movies and dialogue/sounds. It is rare to think in terms of smell and taste. Emotions are an after-product.

Thoughts work the way a dream works, except we don't take dreams to be real. Thoughts about Santa or Bigfoot do not represent or point to anything in reality. Self is contained in thoughts that tell a story but actually point to nothing. The seeing of this happens directly and in real time, it is a recognition of a truth. The mental construct/programming of self will still run on, and further practice helps lead towards a more consistent thoughtless state, which brings joy.

2) Do you agree with the above? Is this your experience also?
if what you are saying then isn't it a short contradiction? A more consistent thoughtless,state. Our words can play havoc on our mental construct.
3) "Mind" is a concept. "When the mind unceasingly investigates its own nature, it transpires that there is no such thing as mind. This is the direct path for all". ~Ramana Maharshi
heres the thing, all what we learn or understand is conceptual. How can it not be, since it is mind? Even our conversation is mind. I think, there's the problem.
Let me know what you think on the points above, and we can go from there.

SeeEye

Postby SeeEye » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:36 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure what you are looking for here. You haven't really answered this question, so I do not know how I can help.

You seem somewhat dismissive of the questions I have asked.

Would you mind answering the last questions more thoughtfully?

C

Gcl

Postby Gcl » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:01 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure what you are looking for here. You haven't really answered this question, so I do not know how I can help.

You seem somewhat dismissive of the questions I have asked.
not dimissive, but realize by not communicating the way you expect , you "think" I am being dismissive. But I apologize for taking your time. Thank you. Just this helped me more than I realized. Everything is as it should be. Being just as it is, is. No eeking, no gaining, no empowerment,no control, no self righteous mumbo jumbo, no excuses, no justifacation, no perfection. The only thing , and I mean the only thing that makes a difference, is you thinking there is one. Thanks again for your time.
Would you mind answering the last questions more thoughtfully?

C

Return to “THE GATE”