Guide me to No-"I"

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
ShefAji

Guide me to No-"I"

Postby ShefAji » Thu May 21, 2020 5:46 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
I had an experience some years back where “Shefali” personality was separated out and nothing remained, It is hard to describe but if I have to put in words only compassion remained, I feel all my suffering uneasiness is due to this “me” and “my life” thought/belief. But it is so very strong

What are you looking for at LU?
I am looking for someone to help me to realize the truth, but not temporary truth, and not the truth which will go away as an experience BUT just ends it all right here. I really want this uneasiness to go away, I do not want one more belief, I just want to be empty.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
Truth - once for all. Someone/anyone who can kill this “I” once for all. I want this running to stop. So if someone can give me a nudge so that I can see it myself that there is no “myself” to see, someone who can help see the truth and where I am stuck. I am hoping this strong belief of “Me” to crash like a glass, but surely need help as not able to see this myself, as this “me” keeps coming back, what the hell!!!!!!

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
Years and years of meditation and yes I have done inquiry. I have tried many practices in my left, seeking never ends, infact my life revolves around seeking and I think it enhances my “me” “my journey” “my purpose”

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

Bananafish

Re: Guide me to No-"I"

Postby Bananafish » Thu May 21, 2020 6:22 am

Hi ShefAji. :)

Welcome to LU. :) My name is Bananafish, and I'd be
more than glad to help you.

Thanks you for the intro; I found something in it that we could inquire into,
so let's go into it, if that's ok for you.

You seem to be wanting to eradicate uneasiness by getting something in
this forum; does that mean your primary goal is for uneasiness to end, rather than
seeing what is true?

As disgusting as this may sound to you, it looks like the problem here lies not in your not seeing
the truth, but in that you are hoping to escape from something.

What if uneasiness doesn't end as a result of what you call the "realization of truth" or
"being empty" (what does this mean, btw?)? Would you still want to realize what you call
truth? Truth may not always be soothing as you may imagine.

Let me know how you feel about this. :)

Warm wishes,

Bananafish
I'm available for Skype or Zoom face to face conversation. Drop me a line and we could arrange
the date.
Email: swinganova@hotmail.co.jp
Modern Koan Project: https://www.facebook.com/groups/628553401153461

ShefAji

Postby ShefAji » Fri May 22, 2020 1:05 am

Hi Bananafish,

Thank you for being my guide.

I sat today to find out answer to your questions:

- I am surely looking for the truth, whatever that is over getting rid of this uneasiness or getting peace
- the reason I am sure is that even the times when I am feeling ease and happy for whatever reason, my quest to know the truth does not fade at all
- also when I inquire why do I have issue with this uneasiness feeling, i realized that It is because “I” do not want it and because I think it is happening to “me”
- I do not know how and what will happen if i even realize the truth but hopefully it will remove “me” “me” “me”

I really want to know the truth, unfortunately whenever I have heard people saying about their belief and I inquire the same, I never felt that “this is it”.

Are you saying that even after realizing the truth I will still keep looking/seeking?

And is there a way to know the truth instantly.. ???

ShefAji

Postby ShefAji » Fri May 22, 2020 1:08 am

Thank you for being my guide.

I sat today to find out answer to your questions:

- I am surely looking for the truth(whatever that is) over getting rid of this uneasiness or getting peace
- the reason I am sure is that even the times when I am feeling at ease and happy for whatever reason, my quest to know the truth does not fade Away at all
- also when I inquire why do I have issues with this uneasiness, i realized that It is because “I” do not want it and because I think it is happening to “me”
- I do not know how and what will happen if i even realize the truth but hopefully it will remove “me” “me” “me”

I really want to know the truth, unfortunately whenever I have heard people saying about their beliefs and I inquire the same, I never felt that “this is it”.

Are you saying that even after realizing the truth I will still keep looking/seeking?

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Fri May 22, 2020 1:41 am

Hi ShefAji. :)
Glad to hear from you!

the reason I am sure is that even the times when I am feeling at ease and happy for whatever reason, my quest to know the truth does not fade Away at all

This may be because you have a certain dissatisfaction deep inside,
in an unconscious level.

also when I inquire why do I have issues with this uneasiness, i realized that It is because “I” do not want it and because I think it is happening to “me”

This sounds a bit oversimplified; even after you've successfully completed this
dialogue, it doesn't mean that all your problems will be solved overnight.

I'm sure you won't seek for some kind of self improvement tools anymore.

You'll surely have to look at the problems that your daily life brings, though.
In such situation, truth (that has been realized) liberates you; not that you cope with the problem
and solve it. But please don't take what I call "truth" as something mystical, apart from
what is seen, heard, felt now in this moment.

This is a contradictory expression. Instant truth is what is here and now; there can't be
anything else. Are you reading this reply? That is truth. You know it without any effort to know it.

If you talk about a way to know truth, it's not instant anymore. You first do something, and then the result;
that's clearly not instant. So the work here is not to get it, but to drop the illusion that it isn't already here.

Probably, that's enough for the explanation part? :)

Let's start inquiring.

You are reading this reply, right?
How is this "you" that is reading felt to be now?

Warm regards,

Bananafish
I'm available for Skype or Zoom face to face conversation. Drop me a line and we could arrange
the date.

ShefAji

Postby ShefAji » Fri May 22, 2020 4:32 am

Yes i have felt deep dissatisfaction (but do not know the reason behind it) and that does impact my life in every way

- Not looking for solutions of problems here

“This is a contradictory expression. Instant truth is what is here and now; there can't be
anything else. Are you reading this reply? That is truth. You know it without any effort to know it.”

“If you talk about a way to know truth, it's not instant anymore. You first do something, and then the result;
that's clearly not instant. So the work here is not to get it, but to drop the illusion that it isn't already here”

- Wow .. Yes .. true

“You are reading this reply, right?”
- Yes

“How is this "you" that is reading felt to be now?”
- first felt nothing, was just reading, than once completed reading felt nice and than brain started understanding what you have written by reading again and thinking/processing what to reply

If the truth is instant and here than why am I not living it???

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Fri May 22, 2020 5:11 am

first felt nothing, was just reading, than once completed reading felt nice and than brain started understanding what you have written by reading again and thinking/processing what to reply

Yes, you are making my words into something which gives you pleasure.
But that's not my intention.

If the truth is instant and here than why am I not living it???

Because you are not living it. You are thinking about it.
the date.

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Fri May 22, 2020 5:24 am

How is this "you" that is reading felt to be now?
Is it a thought? Image? Or sensation? Or something else?
the date.

ShefAji

Postby ShefAji » Fri May 22, 2020 4:39 pm

“How is this "you" that is reading felt to be now?
Is it a thought? Image? Or sensation? Or something else?”

It is surely a thought and It is like a feeling, like I exist, its “me”

ShefAji

Postby ShefAji » Fri May 22, 2020 4:40 pm

ShefAji

Postby ShefAji » Fri May 22, 2020 4:40 pm

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Fri May 22, 2020 11:08 pm

It is like a feeling

What do you mean by feeling? Is it thought? Image? Or sensation?
the date.

ShefAji

Postby ShefAji » Fri May 22, 2020 11:40 pm

It is like a feeling

What do you mean by feeling? Is it thought? Image? Or sensation?
I checked, It is a thought. Also the moments I am not thinking, there is no “I” (I guess), infact that time there are no questions or any trouble. So when I am working on something with focus that time there is no feeling of “i” or maybe no registration of “i”

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Sat May 23, 2020 12:32 am

Let's make that clearer, without any guesses.

Have a look at the present situation; now.

Is self just a thought? Can you honestly and confidently say that?
Or is it a theory?

I'm not saying it is not.

Please look at that "feeling" that you are here as a being separate
from everything else.

What do you find? Is it just thought?

Warm wishes,

Bananafish
the date.

ShefAji

Postby ShefAji » Sun May 24, 2020 6:33 am

I checked it couple of times today and it is surely a thought. Whenever there is no thinking it does not even matter if there is self or no-self. But that does not mean that I live in the reality as it is all one or there is no-one.
I do get a lot of thoughts and most start with “I” and “me” thought Sadly.

Another thing i noticed is that most of the things happening are unconsciously, a thought comes and than action happens or judgement happens.. not sure does that mean “I” have no control/influence, if not is it all the programming and why is happening whatever is happening?

Return to “THE GATE”