Looking for Truth

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
s-p-a-c-e

Re: Looking for Truth

Postby s-p-a-c-e » Sun May 24, 2020 11:24 pm

Hi Helen,

I've been feeling a bit emotional today, frustration and moments of joy, not sure why but I've been pondering on the pull felt between being and the Helen persona and the intense love and compassion I felt for the Helen persona from being.

The more we feel our being, the more we see the game of 'John' or 'Helen' which doesn't mean we reject it or want to banish it, but only to see it clearly, and so to unfold it, integrate it into our being.

I can't explain why but this really resonates, it's making me feel tearful in a good way like a kind of release.

Yes, I know, it's like a coming to terms with a life lived as 'Helen' - all the emotional ups and downs. the relationships and plans, the highs, the regrets, the loves.

One natural way to integrate is to breathe through the emotions, in nice regular breaths. Somehow the body does this kind of emotional integration in a more gentle powerful way than mind. So when the emotions around this show up, breathe through them, so the emotions have that space to be recognised, embraced and integrated in whichever way they do.

See how you find this Helen, and catch up soon.

Warm wishes,
John
"The more he looked inside, the more Piglet wasn't there." - A.A.Milne

Author, The Faun's Apprentice - see on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fauns-Apprenti ... B01AR2B63U

Helen7

Postby Helen7 » Mon May 25, 2020 9:20 pm

Yes, I know, it's like a coming to terms with a life lived as 'Helen' - all the emotional ups and downs. the relationships and plans, the highs, the regrets, the loves.
One natural way to integrate is to breathe through the emotions, in nice regular breaths. Somehow the body does this kind of emotional integration in a more gentle powerful way than mind. So when the emotions around this show up, breathe through them, so the emotions have that space to be recognised, embraced and integrated in whichever way they do.
Thank you for your support John, I wasn't expecting all the emotion I've been experiencing over the last couple of days. There was so much love and compassion for the self with some sadness too but it seemed to dissolve and I am feeling more stable again.

I really appreciate your guidance in helping me to understand the experience and giving me the time and space to ponder on it so I could process the emotions, hope that makes sense!

I am feeling a bit spaced out and tired now so will get back to you tomorrow with more observations.

With love,
Helen

s-p-a-c-e

Postby s-p-a-c-e » Tue May 26, 2020 1:10 pm

Thank you for your support John, I wasn't expecting all the emotion I've been experiencing over the last couple of days. There was so much love and compassion for the self with some sadness too but it seemed to dissolve and I am feeling more stable again.

I really appreciate your guidance in helping me to understand the experience and giving me the time and space to ponder on it so I could process the emotions, hope that makes sense!

I am feeling a bit spaced out and tired now so will get back to you tomorrow with more observations.

With love,
Helen

All good Helen - take care.

John

Helen7

Postby Helen7 » Tue May 26, 2020 9:23 pm

Hi John

There was still some emotion being released through crying and laughter earlier in the day but feeling more peaceful now.

I noticed today that although the commentary of the mind is still there, and sometimes busy, it is not really bothering me and I feel more relaxed about it. When I was meditating I felt much more open to everything and I didn't feel any resistance to thoughts, which I often do, so it didn't take long to settle into the silence/stillness.

I think there has been a subtle shift but obviously don't know how long it will last!
Thanks again for your help, it's really appreciated.

Much love
Helen

s-p-a-c-e

Postby s-p-a-c-e » Tue May 26, 2020 11:03 pm

Hi Helen,

There was still some emotion being released through crying and laughter earlier in the day but feeling more peaceful now.

I noticed today that although the commentary of the mind is still there, and sometimes busy, it is not really bothering me and I feel more relaxed about it. When I was meditating I felt much more open to everything and I didn't feel any resistance to thoughts, which I often do, so it didn't take long to settle into the silence/stillness.

Yes, commentary is fine shifted from 'it is me talking' - so we listen, and take whatever. :)

I think there has been a subtle shift but obviously don't know how long it will last!

Shifts comes and go, so just stay curious and see what's occurring. :)

Best wishes,
John

Helen7

Postby Helen7 » Wed May 27, 2020 5:15 pm

Hi John

My (or more accurately Helen’s) pain body was triggered by a particular situation today and it's a pattern that has been going on for a long time but I have avoided looking at it. However, today I felt able to explore it by asking 'what's going on here?' and I realised it was related to memories from childhood. Then I was able to be with those memories in loving awareness for a few minutes without identifying with them. I’m hoping that the conditioned thinking around this will fall away now. I am interested in your view about this approach John.

With love,
Helen

Helen7

Postby Helen7 » Thu May 28, 2020 10:50 am

Hi John
I find that am losing interest in the illusion of the separate self and just want to follow my intuition which is telling me to ponder the words and phrases that are making my heart fill with joy e.g. 'surrender'. When I think about identity, ego, self etc I notice that I get too much in my head.
Much love
Helen

s-p-a-c-e

Postby s-p-a-c-e » Thu May 28, 2020 12:17 pm

Hi Helen,

I find that am losing interest in the illusion of the separate self and just want to follow my intuition which is telling me to ponder the words and phrases that are making my heart fill with joy e.g. 'surrender'. When I think about identity, ego, self etc I notice that I get too much in my head.

That is beautiful.

I'm not a fan of the phrase 'illusion of the separate self' - and your intuition will lead you where to go next.

I know people talk about this stuff as a journey, but I prefer the adventure of life. :)

Because when we question a reaction, as you mentioned in the previous post, it does require some courage, and a willingness to humbly open wide, to see all that needs to be seen, and no longer hide away from stuff we'd labeled mad, bad or sad. :)

With much love,
John

Helen7

Postby Helen7 » Fri May 29, 2020 4:42 pm

Hi John
I know people talk about this stuff as a journey, but I prefer the adventure of life. :)
Yes I much prefer that too!

Thank you for being my guide and helping me to get through the confusion I had after my experience a few weeks ago. I think I was trying to make sense of it in my head but I understand it now from my heart. From this space I feel open and able to see more clearly.
I don't have any questions arising at present so now feels like a good time to finish our exploration.
By the way, I have just started reading your book and I am really enjoying it!

With much love
Helen

s-p-a-c-e

Postby s-p-a-c-e » Fri May 29, 2020 7:38 pm

Hi Helen,

Hi John
Yes I much prefer that too!

:)

Thank you for being my guide and helping me to get through the confusion I had after my experience a few weeks ago. I think I was trying to make sense of it in my head but I understand it now from my heart. From this space I feel open and able to see more clearly.
I don't have any questions arising at present so now feels like a good time to finish our exploration.

It's been a pleasure to meet you Helen.

By the way, I have just started reading your book and I am really enjoying it!

Great - and thank you. You may recognise some stuff in our conversation. :) Hope you enjoy it.

If you ever want a natter, you know where I am.

With much love and best wishes,
John

Return to “THE GATE”