Trying to get it

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Ilona
Site Admin

Re: Trying to get it

Postby Ilona » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:47 am

Thank you for the story, it’s a great story!
Still, it remains for me to be discovered how to identify ourselves with the Whole.
That not what it’s all about. You can’t identify with the whole as a form. You check and dissolve all identification to arrive at the sense of still open peace and rest there without any identification. It’s like me asking you to notice your essence and forget about the temporary form. Yes, we can see both, the essence and form, but identifying with form you can not see the essence. An example wold be this- you see a ring and you don’t see the gold. And you think where is the gold, I only see the ring. I am the ring and I am looking for gold.

The implications is peace, is the end of searching and opening to exploration. No self realisation is a beginning only, but without it there is running in circles trying to understand. With it is finding what you are looking for and knowing yourself as you are.

Mind is very limited and is not the right tool here. Realisation does not happen by thinking. You have to look and see, there comes knowing.

Instead, I have always thought about dissolving yourself, and acting as the Whole.
Yes, dissolving. But what gets dissolved is the idea that there is something there that needs to dissolve. There is nothing else there.

It’s already the whole. And it’s the whole showing up as you, not you showing up as the whole. There is no you there, that is separate from the whole. Is that true?

Love.

nobody5

Postby nobody5 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:55 pm

Sorry dir the delay, I have been busy.
So, what should I start from..?
A meditation? An observing..? Or what?

I think that the reality that I can experience is that in contact with my mind..
But how can I extend it to everything else..? Or to others mind? I can't experience their world

So it's true that, as you said in your beautiful video, that I'm a finger in a hand.. But my point of observation is that of a finger my eyes and mind are there. I don't have eyes and mind on the palm of the hand
So where should I start from..?
Many thanks

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:39 am

Meditation and observing is fine and it’s available in the present moment. Anything can be a meditation or observation. It’s simply noticing what is happening here now, right now. And seeing it without trying to fix or adjust. Like you watch a movie and you know, that it’s to be enjoyed, not directed.

The connection is inner knowing that there is no separateness from life itself. Everything is life. Life is happening as forms, as plurality, but underneath appearances there is essence. Connect to your essence, which is very aliveness, sense of being.

And check, is anything incomplete right now? Is anything missing right now?

What do you find?

Love

nobody5

Postby nobody5 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:01 pm

In my present experience I must say that yes, I do feel very incomplete.
I would, but I can't say otherwise.
I'm caught in problems, and I miss peace actually

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:56 pm

I hear you, Peace is missing. What is in the way of peace? Precisely? Which thought, emotion is in the way of peace right now?

Love.

nobody5

Postby nobody5 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:26 am

It's a super simple question, but the answer is far from easy..

The first answer that comes into my mind is.. tension towards something (or away from something, which is still tension towards something else)..

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:11 am

I hear you, tension does not feel like peace. But can you be at peace with tension? Is it ok for the tension to come up? Is it ok to feel intensity? It’s not that you need to like tension, but it can be ok, or not?
Or do you expect that tension shall no longer arise?
Tension comes up to inform that there is something to look at. Can you allow it to do what it does?

Peace is in freedom to me what is as it is. Even tension. Even resistance. Freedom is to feel all, without making it wrong or needing to fix it.

Next time you feel tension, can you welcome it? And see what wisdom has it got to share, what is it here for?
Explore this and write soon.

Love

nobody5

Postby nobody5 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:03 am

I think that I get what you say..
You mean to be fully in your state/emotion, whatever it is, without trying to change it.
This is beautiful.

Maybe the tension to avoid that I was referring to is not meant to be towards a goal, but towards changing the feeling itself.

I will try to do that.. I think that it would take some practice.

Of course I think that I have to remember this even more when strong feelings arise.
Any tips?

nobody5

Postby nobody5 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:31 am

A consideration..
I used to do some meditation for educating and changing bad behaviours and emotional tendencies..
Like changing greed to generosity, hatred to kindness, anger to calmness..

Noe I'm trying to observe and "stay on the feeling" without changing it..

I wonder.. How do these meditations relate to each other, while they are both useful..?

After all, developing a good heart and positive feelings is a good thing, and I think that it should be practiced

How do you interrelate the observing and the changing?

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:54 am

When you are able to meet what is here as it is, without trying to change it, improve, transform it, deny it, get rid of it and so on, you are open and whatever arises has a chance to self transform. All the rest is mind games.
Stay present and open, see what life is showing, like a movie, that you know, you are not in charge of and you will see how everything unfolds naturally, perfectly and in the right timing.

The most important thing is — find what works for you. And stick with it.

Meanwhile, is there still a question what are you?

Love.

Return to “THE GATE”