Inner Engineer redux

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
HProtagonist

Inner Engineer redux

Postby HProtagonist » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:31 pm

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
I have had glimpses of the “no self” reality, first through reading and pondering advaita vendanta and modern nondual teachings some 27 years ago. After being introduced recently to direct inquiry on Who/of What “I” am, I am ready for the full on experience and would most welcome focused guiding.

What are you looking for at LU?
I am looking for a kind and caring volunteer who could help guide my inquiry to the direct, incontrovertible experience of the ‘no self’ reality, to help free my mind from the illusion of separate self.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
Facilitation towards realizing the obvious. I have delved into various spiritual traditions and just recently was introduced to the direct inquiry method by a fellow Finder who promptly recommended LU.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
Some meditation in recent years, lifelong seeking, novice at inquiry.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

Anastacia42

Re: Inner Engineer redux

Postby Anastacia42 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:38 pm

Good morning,

My name is Stacy ad I can be your guide, if you would like. If so, what shall I call you and what time zone are you in, please?

If you haven't already read the disclaimer, please read it now and just confirm to me that you have read it. Here is the link.

http://liberationunleashed.com/disclaimer-2/

Also please read “Liberation Unleashed is not …” in the FAQ’s of LU. Here is the link.

http://liberationunleashed.com/about/faq/#faq-1041

Some housekeeping guidelines:-
1. Post at least once a day, or every second day. If you need more time, or are unable to post for several days, just write a quick post on your thread to let me know please.

2. There is no one judging answers given, so please be100% honest in your answers and inquiry.

3. This exploration is based on actual experience (AE) - smell, taste, sound, sensation, colour and observed thoughts. Long-winded analytical and philosophical answers are best avoided and may even hinder progress. This is not a self-improvement process. There is no ‘self’ to improve.

4. Put aside all other teachings, philosophies, rituals, practices, books/reading and so on for the remainder of this investigation. Really put all your effort and attention in to seeing this reality, as it is. If you have a daily meditation practice, it is fine to continue that but is not necessary for this exploration.

Technology is not perfect and sometimes there is a glitch which can wipe out your responses. It is advisable that you copy and paste questions asked into Word, answer them there and then copy and paste them to your thread. Always save a copy of what you have done, it will save time in the long run!

To begin with, so that we both become aware of what your expectations are about this exploration. In your own words (not from actual experience, but just honest answers), could you please answer the 4 following questions:

How will life change?
How will you change?
What will be different?
What is missing?

Throughout this exploration I would like you to answer all questions that I have written in blue text. Please answer questions individually, remembering to use the quote function to highlight the question being answered.

Please watch the video at the top of The Gate to learn to use the Quote function.

Much love,
~ Stacy

"Not to know there is an alternative to being lost
in thought is to be a kind of prisoner."

~ Sam Harris

Anastacia42

Good morning,

My name is Stacy ad I can be your guide, if you would like. If so, what shall I call you and what time zone are you in, please?

If you haven't already read the disclaimer, please read it now and just confirm to me that you have read it. Here is the link.

Also please read “Liberation Unleashed is not …” in the FAQ’s of LU. Here is the link.

1. Post at least once a day, or every second day. If you need more time, or are unable to post for several days, just write a quick post on your thread to let me know please.

2. There is no one judging answers given, so please be100% honest in your answers and inquiry.

3. This exploration is based on actual experience (AE) - smell, taste, sound, sensation, colour and observed thoughts. Long-winded analytical and philosophical answers are best avoided and may even hinder progress. This is not a self-improvement process. There is no ‘self’ to improve.

4. Put aside all other teachings, philosophies, rituals, practices, books/reading and so on for the remainder of this investigation. Really put all your effort and attention in to seeing this reality, as it is. If you have a daily meditation practice, it is fine to continue that but is not necessary for this exploration.

Technology is not perfect and sometimes there is a glitch which can wipe out your responses. It is advisable that you copy and paste questions asked into Word, answer them there and then copy and paste them to your thread. Always save a copy of what you have done, it will save time in the long run!

To begin with, so that we both become aware of what your expectations are about this exploration. In your own words (not from actual experience, but just honest answers), could you please answer the 4 following questions:

How will life change?
How will you change?
What will be different?
What is missing?

Throughout this exploration I would like you to answer all questions that I have written in blue text. Please answer questions individually, remembering to use the quote function to highlight the question being answered.

Please watch the video at the top of The Gate to learn to use the Quote function.

Much love,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Anastacia42

Good morning,

How will life change?
How will you change?
What will be different?
What is missing?

Much love,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Anastacia42

Good morning,

How will life change?
How will you change?
What will be different?
What is missing?

Much love,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Anastacia42

Good morning,

How will life change?
How will you change?
What will be different?
What is missing?

Much love,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Anastacia42

Good morning,

How will life change?
How will you change?
What will be different?
What is missing?

Much love,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Anastacia42

Good morning,

How will life change?
How will you change?
What will be different?
What is missing?

Much love,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Anastacia42

Good morning,

How will life change?
How will you change?
What will be different?
What is missing?

Much love,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:20 pm

Sorry for all the duplicate replies. It was VERY slow to post.
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Return to “THE GATE”