Scheibel

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
GuilhermeCS

Scheibel

Postby GuilhermeCS » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:48 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
That there is no seer, no listener, no thinker, there is nothing past awareness but awareness itself. No one can be aware of awarenes, because that would repeat infinitely.

What are you looking for at LU?
To actually be able to see that there is no self, to get rid of illusions, beliefs, and start living in the most pure way. I am already a very happy person, but I feel the calling to ground this even deeper.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
Its not easy to inquiry myself past awareness and really be convinced that there is no self. I expect to cross that boundary of illusion and see things for what they truly are. I expect to see the dimension that has always been before me, but with an unimpaired sight.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
I am doing the finders course and have been seeking for 4 months now. I have been meditating a lot and practicing awareness methods (headless and PCE). I just did 1h of inquiry for 2 days so far (2h total) and felt it difficult to see past awareness. The idea of no self was just presented to me and makes total sense, its just hard to realize it deep inside to actually see it.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

nemesis

Re: Scheibel

Postby nemesis » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:54 am

Hello GuilhermeCS,

I would like to walk this path with you, if that's okay. Deep inside you already know what it takes, what the path is and what you will have to do to get 'there' - nothing, because it's already here. Everything. It would be my pleasure to help you see that.

Have you read this stuff?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2109

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=660

Please leave aside as much new things as possible. We don't want to entagle some knods only to see that new ones keep appearing. That includes other posts on this forum. You may of course still keep up your meditation practises.

Is all of that okay with you?

Then let's hop right into it, shall we?
Its not easy to inquiry myself past awareness and really be convinced that there is no self.
What is it that wants to be convinced that there is no self?
The idea of no self was just presented to me and makes total sense, its just hard to realize it deep inside to actually see it.
What is it that tells you that you don't already see that there's no self?
right now! ...that's all there is ;)

GuilhermeCS

Postby GuilhermeCS » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:11 am

Hi Nemesis! I'm grateful for you joining me in this path!
What is it that wants to be convinced that there is no self?
Ok, lets go.. what wants to be convinced that there is no self? Maybe I'm expecting a change in how I feel and relate, an increase of awareness. Im not sure if I am convinced that I have no self.. Again, what is this I? I really don't know.. It may still be the false self. My mind may be trying to convince itself that there isn't this I, but my guess is if it really did, something would shift. I actually experienced this temporarily during an inquiry with a guide from finders course (im doing it and last week was the inquiry session). I told that there was no I to show, felt a huge goosebump and my eyes started tearing a little. I felt a different presence and stopped there to sync in with that feeling, and it little by little disappeared. I had some other similar experiences during the week, of increased awareness, one right when I woke up at night and other during meditation.
What is it that tells you that you don't already see that there's no self?
My awareness tells me that. I don't feel much difference in it from when I started inquiring. Anyway, I have been much less triggered and influenced by external things for something like 6 months already and this is increasing. Maybe that is actually having no self? Should realizing no self be like enlightenment? Or its just a step on the way?

nemesis

Postby nemesis » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:43 am

You seem to have a very clear picture about 'no-self'.

Would it be okay for you to just put this picture aside for the duration of this process?
We don't want to go to a possible future where things are better or you become "more enlightened". We'll simply look at what's really here, right now. Without conclusions and interpretations.

Let's start by you telling me what you experience right now. Just express whatever comes into perception of the 5 senses.
Please take atleast 10 minutes to do so. Sit down comfortably and just write whatever you experience with your senses.

Sorry that it took me so long to answer, I had some stuff that needed taking care of but I'm ready now, so let's go. :)

nemesis

Postby nemesis » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:19 pm

Hi GuilhermeCS,

I don't know if you want to continue but I myself can't guide anyone at the moment.

Some stuff built up in the last couple of days and right now I need to focus on something else than guiding.
I am sorry.

If you want to continue, another guide will be there for you.

I wish you all the best 💚

Return to “THE GATE”