Liberation

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Steven57

Liberation

Postby Steven57 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:31 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
Self is the idea that i is the mental construct, thought, emotion, ideas, that keeps us from seeing who we truly are. To see this is to realise thought is a tool that can block the truth of another reality beyond thinking.

What are you looking for at LU?
I have read and listened to so much on non duality that I’m not sure if I’ve really appreciate what I’ve said above. Need help to cross the ‘line’. Hope to speak to genuine others who have an interest in non duality

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
Hope to end this 30 year search that has really frustrated me. I feel I’m still invested in this idea that I’m a separate person and would be good to end this with true conviction. I realise the i is. Belief but seem to need continuous reminding.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
Trained as a yoga teacher, psychotherapist, meditation teacher. Lots of experience of many non dual teachers.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

SeeEye

Re: Liberation

Postby SeeEye » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:13 pm

Hi,

We can walk together for a while, provided that you are ok with the setup here, which is:

-I ask you questions, you look into them and work with them as best you can.
-Be as direct as possible, as too much background, thoughting and multiple compound questions make this confusing.
-Be honest. What you are experiencing, your emotions, all good.
-What we are looking into is seeing...direct experience, not content of thoughts, past and what most consider therapy.
-You are healthy and balanced enough to do this work. Please read the following disclaimer and acknowledge for me...
http://www.liberationunleashed.com/register/disclaimer/

Please use the quote feature, so this is easy to follow and makes sense. Cut my question, then answer, like I did below for Q2.

1) Would you please tell me about what you expect from seeing no-self? What do you want from this? How will you and your life be different?

2)
Self is the idea that i is the mental construct, thought, emotion, ideas, that keeps us from seeing who we truly are. To see this is to realise thought is a tool that can block the truth of another reality beyond thinking.
What if seeing no-self is something that already exists parallel to your normal life, is not another reality but just is overlooked. What if it is like looking for your car keys and then you see you are holding them in your hand? Have you ever had that experience?

What should I call you? You can call me C~ We have the psych training in common.

Return to “THE GATE”