"I" am still here, apparently.

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Idontknow

"I" am still here, apparently.

Postby Idontknow » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:25 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
I have accepted the belief that I am not that which is trying to become "liberated"

Still not sure what is being referred to by "I"

At certain times I can completely accept that This Moment is all there is, and at other "times" when there seem to be challenging situations , the sense of being "the one who needs relief" arises again

What are you looking for at LU?
"I" is looking to find higher more gilded states to attain as usual, anything other than What Is, and it hopes to see through itself, and still be there to narrate the experience.

It isn't Real, but there still seems to be a belief in it whenever the sense of "being the one" arises

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
hopefully the "I" which is trying see through itself and become an enlightened being is Seen as the concept it is.

Whatever happens will happen I guess, if the illusion falls away it will and if it doesn't it was still never there to begin with

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
Spiritual seeking began a couple years ago, there was self inquiry and then a more subtle "non-practice" of just waiting for the self to fall away and accepting that it might remain until the body experience ends, and that is the current situation now

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

Anastacia42

Re: "I" am still here, apparently.

Postby Anastacia42 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:53 pm

Good morning (here in Colorado),

My name is Stacy and I can be your guide, if you would like.

From your initial post, it appears that it may be very hard for you to let go and drop all of these "I" ideas and "beiiefs." You must be committed and willing to let those go. The guiding only works if you let it, keeping an open mind and dropping expectations and fears.

f you haven't already read the disclaimer, please read it now and just confirm to me that you have read it. Here is the link.

http://liberationunleashed.com/disclaimer-2/

Also please read “Liberation Unleashed is not …” in the FAQ’s of LU. Here is the link.

http://liberationunleashed.com/about/faq/#faq-1041

Some housekeeping guidelines:

1. Post at least once a day, or every second day. If you need more time, or are unable to post for several days, just write a quick post on your thread to let me know please.

2. There is no one judging answers given, so please be 100% honest in your answers and inquiry.

3. This exploration is based on actual experience (AE) - smell, taste, sound, sensation, color and observed thoughts. Long-winded analytical and philosophical answers are best avoided and may even hinder progress. This is not a self-improvement process. There is no ‘self’ to improve.

4. Put aside all other teachings, philosophies, rituals, practices, books/reading and so on for the remainder of this investigation. Really put all your effort and attention in to seeing this reality, as it is. If you have a daily meditation practice, it is fine to continue that but is not necessary for this exploration.

Technology is not perfect and sometimes there is a glitch which can wipe out your responses. It is advisable that you copy and paste questions asked into Word, answer them there and then copy and paste them to your thread. Always save a copy of what you have done, it will save time in the long run!

To begin with, so that we both become aware of what your expectations are about this exploration. In your own words (not from actual experience, but just honest answers), could you please answer the 4 following questions:

How will life change?
How will you change?
What will be different?
What is missing?

Throughout this exploration I would like you to answer all questions that I have written in blue text. Please answer questions individually, remembering to use the Quote function to highlight the question being answered. Watch the video at the top of this forum to see how the Quote function works, please.

When we fully see no self, seeking drops away.We are Awareness, just watching. We see that there is no self to be believing anything.

Do you really want to know the truth?

Are you willing to let go of cherished "beliefs"

Also, what would you like for me to call you? And what time zone are you in, please?

Much love,
~ Stacy

"Not to know there is an alternative to being lost
in thought is to be a kind of prisoner."

~ Sam Harris

Return to “THE GATE”