Stumbled upon LU and am drawn in - perhaps this is the time the veils will fall

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
surekhaiyer

Stumbled upon LU and am drawn in - perhaps this is the time the veils will fall

Postby surekhaiyer » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:38 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
I think this relates to an understanding that once formed from a meditation experience - about how a drop from the ocean also contained the whole ocean. Since these inner eyes saw them, how could i question it. I have not fully understood this yet. It feels like each 'self' is apportioned dough that is first kneaded out together and then divided.

What are you looking for at LU?
I have felt intense connection a few times, through meditation, unassisted and with aid of substances - once, a medicine ceremony with mushrooms where my furtive questions from a paper were all answered by laughter and the seeker and the answerer was both me. a word arose - isness. it was the only answer my seeker received, along with a crystal clarity of truth. I am not looking to replicate experiences but to achieve that state of clarity and embody it and then teach it - for how can 'I' have this clarity until we all do?

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
I am excited for what ever unfolds and am committed to learning to see the limits of my limits and the 'seeing things as they are'. I will admit I feel a lack of worth in this pursuit at times, even though I also simultaneously feel it is my birthright and my duty to understand and see. I am going with eyes open and trying to suspend expectation, and invoke compassion instead.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
I think the honest way to characterise myself is a dabbler. I think my biggest teacher has been my unique (to me) life journey that expanded my thinking and pushed me to question and learn. I have completed two vipassana 10 day silent retreats (tradition of SN Goenka) and one 10 day seva (service) for the same. I learnt energy healing in the tradition of Master Choa Kok Sui, focusing on spiritual growth more than physical healing, and felt called to leave the formal practice to follow my own path after a few years. I have taught meditation online - and thinking and talking about self love and self worth have enlivened me. I have great respect and love for the great Gautama the Buddha, shakya muni and the great saints and souls who have made it their work to liberate us.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

JonathanR

Re: Stumbled upon LU and am drawn in - perhaps this is the time the veils will fall

Postby JonathanR » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:42 am

Hi Surkhalyer.

Welcome to LU. My name is Jon.

I read your introduction with some interest and will write again to you very soon. I'd like to offer to guide, if you'd like?

We would simply have a conversation here, focusing on self/no self.

I can make suggestions of course but would you have an idea about where you would like to start exploring?

Warm regards

Jon

JonathanR

Re: Stumbled upon LU and am drawn in - perhaps this is the time the veils will fall

Postby JonathanR » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:38 am

Hi Surekhalyer,

Do please respond. I may have confused you by suggesting that I would 'write again soon' but then went on to ask you a question?

Let me know if there is something / aspect in particular that you'd like to start investigating? Otherwise simply let me know you'd like to start and we can go from there?

Warm regards

Jon

JonathanR

Postby JonathanR » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:45 pm

Hi Surekhalyer,

Not having heard back from you I'm going to move on to answer someone else's request to be guided.

You can always post another request to be guided as you did before and in due course, a guide would, respond.

Best, wishes

Jon

Return to “THE GATE”