Looking for a mentor (a man, preferably)

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
nemesis

Re: Looking for a mentor (a man, preferably)

Postby nemesis » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:31 am

Hi,

I don't know. If you look in front of you and turn around and even then there's no gate to see than you are through. I don't see no gate anymore so there's no way I can possibly tell you something about whether you passed it or not.

But if there's still a little uncertainty or just a tiny wish for something to be different than it is right now, we should look into that. After all that's what I'm here for. ;)

I think you are pretty clear about how the 'I'-thought works. That it is no different from other thoughts and that a thought can talk about the experience but never really grasp or even change it.

So if you want, I can give you the last questions and another guide will look through them and tell me if he/she thinks something needs to be added. Your name will turn blue after that, you get invitations to our facebook groups and access to the 'further investigations' part of the forum.

How you want to continue is totally up to you. We can continue this thread, you can open a new one in 'further investigations' or work with that budhist thing again. I am not that familiar with the 10 fetters and I don't like this approach that much.
I'd say either there's something left to work with or there's nothing. For me there haven't been different stages so to speak.

You are asleep and want to wake up. Then you do so and suddenly realize there's no such thing as being asleep or awake. No such thing as waking up. Only this. Right now. And it was always like that. Never has it been any different. Because there's not-two. Only this. :)

So what I want to say is that you decide how to go on. I'm here to ask questions when you feel stuck. You may have seen through the illusion of self but if the feeling that there's still something out there that needs to be found is still active, then we gotta look if there really is something.
And whether we continue here or you go back to working on the fetters is totally up to you.

Enjoy :)
right now! ...that's all there is ;)

nemesis

Re: Looking for a mentor (a man, preferably)

Postby nemesis » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:14 pm

Everything okay so far?
right now! ...that's all there is ;)

Return to “THE GATE”