Experience the reality

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Lara

Experience the reality

Postby Lara » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:18 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
I think, that the 'self' is constructed mainly from what we have been taught by parents, school, society etc. Also from the results, we have achieved and believing that the results and outcomes of the situations are forming who we are.

What are you looking for at LU?
I am looking for information or practices, that could help me to leave a conscious life and to find out how we are all connected, if. How to stop the mental chatter and to be one with the flow of life. Are we single entities or part of something bigger? More reading and thinking brought me more confusion over the years. Now is all mess.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
How to achieve clarity of the mind. To find who am I - is there 'me' or am I part of something? Do I have free will or is everything predetermined? How to get rid of mental models and to achieve clear thinking?

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
I don't have any.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

jgdapoorva

Re: Experience the reality

Postby jgdapoorva » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:44 pm

Hey Lara,

Apoorva here. I read your bio and I am willing to offer you guidance to the best of my ability and see where it goes. 😊

It's very interesting that you have no experience in terms of spiritual practices. Infact, it could be beneficial while looking directly from experience. I read your expectations from this guided exploration.

I would really like to know what are you looking for? What has prompted you to come to LU. I am sure you are aware that LU is specifically there to help seekers see through the illusion of the separate self. So what do you think this exploration will give you? What changes you expect in yourself and your life from this particular exploration? What is missing from your life?

I would recommend that you sit with these questions and write all your expectations honestly.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Apoorva

Return to “THE GATE”