Unwinding

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
HunterM

Unwinding

Postby HunterM » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:04 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
I understand this to mean that the self is a construct, a concept, a set of thoughts or conditions or beliefs that are ultimately groundless. I understand that I have lived from a place of conditioning around my "self" for all these 5 decades, and that Who I Really Am is not a self at all, is No Thing, no-self, as it were.

What are you looking for at LU?
I am looking for a way to unwind the conditioning of my life experience thus far that has me habitually believing I am thing, an object, a self with a name and a narrative history. I am looking to live persistently from an awareness of Who I Really Am as No thing, instead of the very practiced perspective I have of believing I am a small, contained self with problems and endless worries. I am wanting the inquiry process of LU to help me see and/or experience an awareness of Who I Really Am directly, not as a concept, but as a lived experience.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
I expect to have my answers revealed as ever more concepts that need dissolving. I expect the guide to be able to direct me deeper than I might be able to direct myself, to be able to show me blind corners in my own way of understanding self and experience.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
I have been an acupuncturist for 30 years and a QiGong practitioner for all that time. I've studied vipasana meditation, zen meditation, and heart math meditation. Currently I am in the midst of a course called the Finders Course, a meditation and self-inquiry course, which is how I learned of this site.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

Bananafish

Re: Unwinding

Postby Bananafish » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:05 pm

Hi Hunter M. :)

My name is Bananafish, one of the guides here in this forum.
I'd be more than glad to assist you in your inquiry.

To begin with, would you tell what exactly (you think) is hindering your "lived experience"
of what you want?

Warm regards,

Bananafish
I'm available for Skype or Zoom face to face conversation. Drop me a line and we could arrange
the date.
Email: swinganova@hotmail.co.jp

Return to “THE GATE”