Awakening to no separate self

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
AwakeSpace

Awakening to no separate self

Postby AwakeSpace » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:34 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
Self is personal and social construct. A symbolic (linguistic, narrative) experiential identity. It is perceived within awareness. In this way it is a fluid object of awareness that is adaptive and changing all the time according context, roles, needs and demands thereof.

What are you looking for at LU?
The direct and persistent EXPERIENCE of that which perceives self. No self. The complete experiential loss of my personal identification of and with the narrative self. The deepening of that experiential knowing.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
Pointing out instructions that guide to a direct experience of no self. Of our basic fundament nature. Of seeing through the symbolic, narrative self. Of deconstructing the experiential identification with the social self and identity.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
Daily meditation of various kinds since I was 14 from many traditions. I am now 41.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

Ilona
Site Admin

Re: Awakening to no separate self

Postby Ilona » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:17 am

Hi Awake space,
Welcome to the forum
Thank you for patience waiting for a guide.

All I ask for is that you answer from your own experience as you see it, with openness and honesty.
It’s best to stop listening to teachers and stop reading any kind of literature in the subject for the sake of focusing entirely on what is true for you.

To start I ask these questions — what are you looking for? What should change? What do you expect to happen?

With love.

Return to “THE GATE”