Athiest in training

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Blackmess

Athiest in training

Postby Blackmess » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:54 pm

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
Comprehending the "notion" of being. Understanding that the universe as a whole is the experience. The "Free Will" we try to obtain is something we've created to keep "us" from knowing the """truth"""

What are you looking for at LU?
Self-Actualization, understanding and freeing the illusion of being. Being self-aware to the extent of realizing how truly awesome the "experience" is..
I wish to learn on new paths of awareness and the ability to exist in the moment.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
Fail-points in reasoning, ways to combat my "ego" and reaching out to others who have a better understanding. Truly feel, know, sense my body, my self, and the structure of my "mind. I don't have any of the answers and just wish for a little nudge towards getting there.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
I used to be a Muslim and fell severely depressed. Realized there's no "truth" when it comes to "our" existence on this planet. (just now realizing the amount of quotes"). Realizing facts, language, religion are all constructions of the brain and are separate from nothing. I've been an avid lucid dreamer since elementary school. I was neglected as an only son, middle child. My parents were refugees from Ethiopia and moved to the US. Never felt I belonged anywhere and stayed in my head. As time went by, I've went through a fair share of experiences and gained aware of these thoughts. My whole life I was chasing, doing things to be accepted and always questioned why I did things. I started experimenting and being open to new ideas soon after lucid dreaming. Became a theist after realizing my experiences and genetics are the factor towards being "me".

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

Seamist

Re: Athiest in training

Postby Seamist » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:02 am

Hi Blackmess,
My name s Sioned and I can guide you if you'd like that
x

Seamist

Re: Athiest in training

Postby Seamist » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:30 pm

I'm just adding a note so that I'll see when you've replied

Return to “THE GATE”