Just this

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
tara123

Just this

Postby tara123 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:28 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
That there is no self separate from conditions that controls and directs what is happening.

What are you looking for at LU?
I am hoping to have an experiential awareness that there is no separate self directing the show. I would like it to go beyond a purely intellectual or cognitive understanding which seems to be where I am at the moment.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
To be guided by relevant questions which will help me explore my experience in a way that helps me to see that the self is an illusion and keep me on track with my explorations, ensuring that they are helpful.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
I have been interested in this area for many years and particularly like Joan Tollifson.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

Bananafish

Re: Just this

Postby Bananafish » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:30 am

Hi tara123. :)

My name is Bananafish, one of the guides here.
I'd be more than glad to help you.

In your intro, you wrote that you want to "go beyond a purely intellectual or
cognitive understanding."

What is it that's hindering your going beyond it?
Anything you have noticed during your search so far?

Warm regards,

Bananafish

tara123

Postby tara123 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:21 am

Hi Bananafish
Thannk you so much for offering your help.
In your intro, you wrote that you want to "go beyond a purely intellectual or
cognitive understanding."
What is it that's hindering your going beyond it?
I have no idea! I'll try to explain.
I have spent a lot of time over the years on the 'no self' topic. I have been what I would consider 'through the gate' in a real big shift that had me laughing out loud. There followed a different, easier perspective on the world (hard to describe but clear and without doubt) but after a few weeks the old perspective returned.
Since then then it is as though there is occasionally a glimpse of this perspective but also at times a lot of doubt.
Sometimes I see that the thought 'I don't get it' doesn't matter - it is just a thought but recently doubt is increasing and I have a felt sense of a me here looking at the world out there.
So doubt is hindering going beyond in the form of overthinking and identifying with the thoughts. The thoughts are along the lines of 'Perhaps I have just learned the correct answers'.
Also I have a fair bit of physical discomfort which currently seems to be happening to 'me' - or so thought says :)
I'm confused.
x

tara123

Postby tara123 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:40 am

Hi Bananafish
Just checking that you saw my last post :)
Tara

Return to “THE GATE”