Stillness

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Faithy

Stillness

Postby Faithy » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:24 pm

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
I currently have an intellectual understanding only. I believe it to mean that the self is a construct and there is a wider self present in all things That can become the reality from which I live.

What are you looking for at LU?
I’m looking for assistance to see the reality of life and not the constructs. I’m hoping the questions will support me to see the world differently from a different perspective. I’m wanting to discover for myself the truth of life So I can live with Knowledge rather than belief.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
I’m expecting questions that will help me see past the constructs into the reality that has always existed. I’m expecting that I will have to try not to analyse the questions but to use them to see the world differently. In fact the i that I talk about will disappear When I see you where the guidance is pointing.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
I have meditated for 35 years. I am currently doing a course in miracles. I’ve never had a teacher But have just gone on my own way.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

Faithy

Re: Stillness

Postby Faithy » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:08 pm

My willingness to change is 10 now.

Colette01

Postby Colette01 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:56 am

Hello Faithy,

My name is Colette, and I am happy to assist you in exploring the idea of the separate self. At LU we are described as guides - not teachers - as our role is to directly point to what IS, through the use of exercises and questions. Your role is to LOOK carefully to what is being pointed at. It is this simple LOOKING (not thinking) that brings the realisation that there is no separate self and never has been. This is an experiential based guiding and is not a discussion or a debate.

Shall I call you 'faithy' or something else?

Here are some links to information I would like you to read before we begin.

Disclaimer:-

http://liberationunleashed.com/disclaimer-2/

Terms & Conditions:-

https://www.liberationunleashed.com/register/terms/

“Liberation Unleashed is not …” in the FAQ’s of LU.

http://liberationunleashed.com/about/faq/#faq-1041

Please learn to use the quote function. When replying to a question, please use the quote function to highlight the question being answered. Instructions are located in the link below:

https://www.liberationunleashed.com/na ... f=4&t=660

Please confirm that you have read the disclaimer and the other links, looked at how to use the quote function and we can then begin the exploration.

looking forward to hearing from you,

Colette

Faithy

Postby Faithy » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:24 pm

Hello Collette thank you so much for offering this guidance. I’m away at the moment and the internet is very poor so I’m having trouble opening the links. It maybe a few days before I can get this sorted properly but am very keen to get your assistance and will be back in touch when I have read the information. 🌹

Colette01

Postby Colette01 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:19 am

Hi Faithy,

OK. I'll hang on until Monday and then I'll approach another person in the queue.

Faithy

Postby Faithy » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:58 am

Hi Colette, I am still unable to open the link to how to use the quote function. It says page 404 not found. I’m not sure if this is just an Internet problem or if it’s a problem with the link. Thank you for your help with this faithy.

Colette01

Postby Colette01 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:33 am

Hi Faithy,

you're right that link doesn't work, try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fAToDNh9hQ&app=desktop. Did all the other links work i.e. disclaimer, terms and conditions, FAQ

Faithy

Postby Faithy » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:57 am

Yes thanks Collette. I’ve read all the info and am keen to start.

Colette01

Postby Colette01 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:27 pm

Hi Faithy,

Thank you for reading the links.

This is YOUR inquiry, I'll be asking questions and suggesting exercises that will assist you in examining your own experience to find out what's true and what isn't. The purpose of the inquiry is for you to realise/see (not just intellectually) that there is no self and never was. Sometimes it takes perseverance and patience - make a commitment to see the process through.

Some housekeeping guidelines:-
1. Post at least once a day, or every second day. If you need more time, or are unable to post for several days, let me know.

2. Please answer what's true for you once you have looked to see what is being pointed at, rather than any sort of 'ideal' answer. Ideal answers may sound good but will be of no benefit to you in having you realise that there is no separate self. There is no one judging answers given, so please be100% honest in your answers and inquiry.

3. This exploration is based on actual experience (AE) - smell, taste, sound, sensation, colour and observed thoughts. Long-winded analytical and philosophical answers are best avoided and may even hinder progress. This is not a self-improvement process. There is no ‘self’ to improve.

4. Put aside all other teachings, philosophies, rituals, practices, books/reading and so on for the remainder of this investigation. Really put all your effort and attention in to seeing this reality, as it is. If you have a daily meditation practice, it is fine to continue that but is not necessary for this exploration. Be here with an open and curious mind.

It is advisable to answer questions in a Word doc and then copy and paste them to your thread. This will protect you from technical glitches.

Let's start by exploring expectations i.e. what life will look like; what life will feel like and what you want/hope will change or not change etc. Please answer the 4 following questions in your own words:-

How will life change?
How will you change?
What will be different?
What is missing?

Please answer questions individually, remembering to use the quote function to highlight the question being answered.

Faithy

Postby Faithy » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:26 am

How will life change?
I am unclear but I’m thinking perhaps there will be a subtle shift towards less attachment to the ‘dramas ‘of life. A knowing that on some level it’s not real. I had an experience over 20 years ago in a period of great distress for me where I fell into great light and came away with a realization which has held over time that the drama isn’t totally real. There’s something within me that is always peaceful and totally unattached to the outcomes of life’s experiences. Perhaps more strength in this knowing might develop.

Faithy

Postby Faithy » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:27 am

How will you change?

On this point I don’t know. Will the realization be subtle or dramatic? It remains to be seen.

Faithy

Postby Faithy » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:28 am

What will be different?
Perhaps everything on a subtle level and nothing much on some level but I don’t know. Perhaps there will be a dramatic difference. We will see.

Faithy

Postby Faithy » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:29 am

What is missing?
I’m not sure what is meant by this question. Nothing is the only answer that feels honest.

Colette01

Postby Colette01 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:49 am

How will life change?
I am unclear but I’m thinking perhaps there will be a subtle shift towards less attachment to the ‘dramas ‘of life. A knowing that on some level it’s not real. I had an experience over 20 years ago in a period of great distress for me where I fell into great light and came away with a realization which has held over time that the drama isn’t totally real. There’s something within me that is always peaceful and totally unattached to the outcomes of life’s experiences. Perhaps more strength in this knowing might develop.
There are often expectations around how life might be ... thinking around whether seeing through self will resemble a previous experience. It's really useful to explore expectations (thoughts) which are generally a hinderance to realizing what is. They also result in comparison between what is happening and the imagined expectation (or what has happened). Expectations can also result in obscuring/discounting what is seen when it doesn’t match the expected outcome. Wandering to the past is a useful flag to come back to now which helps us spot thoughts!
Check out if there are other expectations - good to get them all out!

What is it within ‘you’ that is always peaceful and unattached to outcomes?

How will you change?
On this point I don’t know. Will the realization be subtle or dramatic? It remains to be seen.
What is there to change? Is there anxiety around how the realization will be?
What will be different?
Perhaps everything on a subtle level and nothing much on some level but I don’t know. Perhaps there will be a dramatic difference. We will see.

Yes, that’s right, we simply dont know how it will be. Sometimes we hope or imagine there might be big change when self is seen through but it was never there in the first place so life goes on just as it always has. How does that feel?
What is Missing? I’m not sure what is meant by this question. Nothing is the only answer that feels honest.
Maybe the question ‘what is incomplete right now’ might be a better alternative, but you're right nothing is missing so nothing to get or get rid of.

Particularly interested in questions highlighted in blue

Faithy

Postby Faithy » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:41 pm

There are often expectations around how life might be ... thinking around whether seeing through self will resemble a previous experience. It's really useful to explore expectations (thoughts) which are generally a hinderance to realizing what is. They also result in comparison between what is happening and the imagined expectation (or what has happened). Expectations can also result in obscuring/discounting what is seen when it doesn’t match the expected outcome. Wandering to the past is a useful flag to come back to now which helps us spot thoughts!
Check out if there are other expectations - good to get them all out!

I hear what you are saying about expectations. There doesn't seem to be too many expectations, more a journey into the unknown.

Return to “THE GATE”