SamK

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
barb

Re: SamK

Postby barb » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:04 am

The no self cannot be veiled. I sometimes have a belief around a separate self and an expectation that it needs to be dissolved.
This expectation is also seen, isn't it? Can you find this one which sees? Is there something or someone, or is there just looking?
The melon vanished when I opened my eyes. The sensations disappeared.
You did not hold a real melon in your hand, right? How is it then possible, that something that never existed can vanish? It was just imagination and never really there, therefore it cannot vanish! The only thing that can happen is when you open your eyes you can see in the case of the melon that it never was there, just imagination...
Can you see this? It's the same with the separate „I“: It cannot vanish because it was never there.
When I examine resistance I realise there is never resistance. Surrendering and resistance are just happenings.

I cannot find a separate self. It has no independent sensations and feelings. I don’t know what it looks like. I guess because it doesn’t look like.
Great insights :)
The thought about a separate self is also not seen.
I guess it is a writing mistake and you meant the thought IS seen, right?

What is your feeling regarding our investigation? Where do we stand? Maybe it would be a great idea if you reread your thread to look at what has changed since the beginning and what is the same. I would also recommend that you do some of the exercises that appeal to you...

Please take the time you need for it :)

Much love
Looking —> Seeing....Seeing —> Freedom

Sam47

Postby Sam47 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:33 pm

The no self cannot be veiled. I sometimes have a belief around a separate self and an expectation that it needs to be dissolved.
This expectation is also seen, isn't it? Can you find this one which sees? Is there something or someone, or is there just looking?
The melon vanished when I opened my eyes. The sensations disappeared.
You did not hold a real melon in your hand, right? How is it then possible, that something that never existed can vanish? It was just imagination and never really there, therefore it cannot vanish! The only thing that can happen is when you open your eyes you can see in the case of the melon that it never was there, just imagination...
Can you see this? It's the same with the separate „I“: It cannot vanish because it was never there.
When I examine resistance I realise there is never resistance. Surrendering and resistance are just happenings.

I cannot find a separate self. It has no independent sensations and feelings. I don’t know what it looks like. I guess because it doesn’t look like.
Great insights :)
The thought about a separate self is also not seen.
I guess it is a writing mistake and you meant the thought IS seen, right?

What is your feeling regarding our investigation? Where do we stand? Maybe it would be a great idea if you reread your thread to look at what has changed since the beginning and what is the same. I would also recommend that you do some of the exercises that appeal to you...

Please take the time you need for it :)

Much love
Thanks so much Barb. I’m rereading the thread now. Back with you soon.

Lots of love
Sam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barb

Postby barb » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:45 am

Wonderful! Until then :)

Much love <3
Looking —> Seeing....Seeing —> Freedom

Return to “THE GATE”