No religion know God

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
mohawk

Re: No religion know God

Postby mohawk » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:07 pm

Greetings Simon,Your questions have been stretching me and a little exhausting so I’ve decided to embrace them cause I know it’s working.
How does feeling discouraged arise,where is this feeling,what is feeling discouraged made up of,who is feeling discouraged.
1)”Discouragement arises out of wondering if I’m getting it.”(understanding)
2)”The feeling of it is in my gut”
3)”discouragement is made up from a false sense that I’m not understanding something(I only see this cause you asked me and I’m writing it)”
4)”who is feeling discouraged.My guess is the false self”
“ESCAPING-escaping would be done by running away from imagined outcomes in fear of it coming to fruition.To stop or change a situation thought to be going in a different way.So rather than sticking a situation out I sometimes do things to stop it’s unfoldment..I realize as I’m writing this,I’ve been protecting the false self or(Ego).Ive spent my life protecting rather than allowing some situations.Maybe I sometimes escape because of the unpleasantness feelings my thoughts have givin me.Again as I’m writing I’m realizing how ridiculous this all sounds.Thanks for the question........”Your last question do I have doubts there’s no you”Once again great question.When I first read that I had a sinking in my chest but I instantly rose up because I realize its becoming a practice.Its part of my traveling to the destination.I want the clearing away .Thanks ,your very good at what your doing

Sunyata67

Postby Sunyata67 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:01 am

Hi Kelly

How are things with you?

Thoughts associated with feelings can be the strongest kind of thoughts as they seem more real as they seem to be linked to the present more. Sometimes these thoughts can make us pay attention to them and even get us to obey them? Have you noticed this? Dont try and push them away but dont automatically believe them. Try warmly accepting them in and giving them space and just looking at them. Sometimes they are guarding something, a kind of protection. Please have a look what is behind that thought. Please try this with the thought "am I getting it". Where is it coming from, why is it coming? It is all part of the happening in your awareness. Can you see the space around it and that your awareness is still there? Remind yourself...this is a thought? Whose thought is it?
So rather than sticking a situation out I sometimes do things to stop it’s unfoldment..
In these situations can you stay as a witness and just watch the dance of what is happening, taking no action? Will whatever happens affect your awareness in any way?
Its part of my traveling to the destination.
What is travelling and to where? How? what is the destination?
Please can you describe this a little more?

Sending blessings.

Simon

mohawk

Postby mohawk » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:59 pm

Greetings Simon,Feeling great about everything.Really makes sense what you said about thoughts showing up in the present. “We automatically attach to them because we don’t think we have a choice”Especially “Am I getting it””It’s just a protective thought and not who I am.It comes from ego and life experiences.Yes my awareness is still there in that thought around it.””So why does awareness have to be bored watching us be stupid believing we are a separate self?sorry just had to throw that in there”
Traveling to a destination “It’s just a form of expression about inquiry”.........”Just a thought but I can see where Buddhism teaching is coming from.”
“One thing I’m trying to understand if I can say it right is sometimes our fears and worries are coming from the reflection of our awareness.”
You don’t have to try to answer that question if you don’t want to”Thanks Simon

Sunyata67

Postby Sunyata67 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:35 pm

Hi Kelly

How are things with you at the moment?
”So why does awareness have to be bored watching us be stupid believing we are a separate self?sorry just had to throw that in there”
It's quite an assumption that 'awareness has to be bored'.
Do you think that there is a 'you' that is 'awareness'? Could this by why it seems that 'awareness is bored'?

“One thing I’m trying to understand if I can say it right is sometimes our fears and worries are coming from the reflection of our awareness.”
Fears and worries are a very interesting area to look into.
Could you say more about this please? Could you give an example from experience?

mohawk

Postby mohawk » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:23 pm

Hello Simon
So glad you caught that.My mind tricked me into thinking I’m a separate awareness.
“”From what I can see everything that’s going on from my breathing,Walking seeing and such is a happening if I take the I me out of it I’m left with a feeling that seems right.I don’t feel like I’m trying to control anything but rather being with whatever is unfolding”........Fears,worries and concerns “Are more for a separate self and would make sense if you hold onto the belief of a separate self””

Sunyata67

Postby Sunyata67 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:55 pm

Hi kelly
[So glad you caught that.My mind tricked me into thinking I’m a separate awareness.
“”From what I can see everything that’s going on from my breathing,Walking seeing and such is a happening if I take the I me out of it I’m left with a feeling that seems right.I don’t feel like I’m trying to control anything but rather being with whatever is unfolding”........Fears,worries and concerns “Are more for a separate self and would make sense if you hold onto the belief of a separate self
Great . Yes if there is no separate self in the body, mind, thoughts, stories, thats controlling or deciding, then what is there that could be affected by a future outcome that you could somehow avoid? If you watch these fears happening is your awareness itself affected? What is being affected by fears?

Can you say with absolute certainty now that “ yes there is definately nothing in reality that can be called a self”?
If not why not.

Simon

mohawk

Postby mohawk » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:24 pm

Hello Simon
“Being with whatever IS makes no room for suffering.The only disappointment that arises is the same feeling kids feel when they find out Santa isn’t real.So anything pertaining to your own fake Santa is in vain and unnecessary.”
“The only lingering thought left in me before I can say with absolute certainty is my confusion of our choices.who’s responsible?I get it through some of the examples and exercises but what about the big choices and decisions.?””No self is at the tip of my tongue and I’m eager to say it.......Thanks for your patience

Sunyata67

Postby Sunyata67 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:37 pm

Hello Kelly

Apologies I took a couple of days to respond.

“Being with whatever IS makes no room for suffering.The only disappointment that arises is the same feeling kids feel when they find out Santa isn’t real.So anything pertaining to your own fake Santa is in vain and unnecessary.”

Yes that’s right, acceptance leads to not suffering. There is still the dance of thoughts and emotions happening so nothing really has been lost, some of the separate elements that we used to manufacture our own “santa” are still there, and we can watch them happening along with all the other things that are happening.

“The only lingering thought left in me before I can say with absolute certainty is my confusion of our choices.

who’s responsible?

I get it through some of the examples and exercises but what about the big choices and decisions.?”

No self is at the tip of my tongue and I’m eager to say it.......Thanks for your patience

who’s responsible? That’s a great question.

What can we know and what can we see about this?

Ultimately does anyone need to be responsible or do lots of things just happen by themselves?

Is the responsible entity for small changes different from the entity responsible for big choices?

Can we really see and do we really "do" all the steps of choices or do they just happen in response to events?

Patience is a virtue, I am happy to be talking to you, not in any rush for anything :-)

Have a great weekend Kelly

Love

Simon

mohawk

Postby mohawk » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:52 pm

Hey Simon,Think It has been good for me to ponder your last response.I have no words to express the revelation of no me.I think my question of who makes the choices is just a collection of genetics,experiences and the mere act of Happenings does not equal a me.However deep I try to go with it,it’s really simple.I was tripped up the other day because I had a response of anxiety to an event and was attaching it to there must be a me because of the sensation.But my whole life as with others has been conditioned and hard wired.Made a comment to my wife and she said it’s normal but when she said it I thought yeah it is if you think you can’t do anything about it.By believing there’s an I it’s just an illusion and we set ourselves up for all the feelings attached to it.

Sunyata67

Postby Sunyata67 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:37 pm

Hi Kelly

I hope things are good with you?
I have no words to express the revelation of no me.I think my question of who makes the choices is just a collection of genetics,experiences and the mere act of Happenings does not equal a me.However deep I try to go with it,it’s really simple
yes, words are difficult to find to express this, as soon as it is put into words something is lost. Yes, it is so very simple, amazing it takes so much time and looking to see it....
.I was tripped up the other day because I had a response of anxiety to an event and was attaching it to there must be a me because of the sensation.But my whole life as with others has been conditioned and hard wired.
This is a key thing to see through. attaching an I to feelings and emotions. Dont worry if it happens sometimes still, thats normal, but then you come back to realising that emotions are happening on their own. Has anything changed for you in respect of emotions and feelings?

I have a couple of other questions.
What earlier in this tread you call. "the false, self" is it a a real entity? Was it ever a real entity?

Also '"do you make anything happen?" Do you exercise, free will?

How have things been since your last post, any questions or realisations?

Blessings and best wishes to you.

Simon

mohawk

Postby mohawk » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:42 pm

Hello Simon,Loved your last response so much I’ve been absorbing and being with it.Dont no if this makes sense but by believing there was a self that is where dualities take form and this is why the saying “Nothing is neither good or bad but is thinking makes it so”
Has anything changed for me in respect of emotions and feelings.”Yes in a big way!I don’t take them so seriously.I don’t make prejudgements for upcoming events.I instead just show up without worry of outcomes.”was the false self a real entity.”No not at all and never was.Its crazy to think we can allow our minds to be under the spell.”Do I exercise free will,”I can’t believe I’m saying this but no.Can still be a grey area For me because why would we have any need for being wise or having wisdom?.Definitely against everything the church has ever taught me”Do I have any questions”Yes,Where does pre-determinism fit in your belief?Do you believe in it?””

mohawk

Postby mohawk » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:10 pm

Hello Simon,Hope all is well and I didn’t scare you off.I am still very much hungry and only want truth.

Sunyata67

Postby Sunyata67 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:29 pm

Hi Kelly

You definitely didn't scare me off, I am back, I will be here for you.

I had a few coronavirus things happen to me and people i know, but dont worry I am fine.

How is life treating you in general?

OK to get back to your previous post, I do have a lot of thoughts about pre determinism. It is a fascinating idea.
I think our work here should be less about thoughts at the moment now and more about direct experience and also maybe intuition.

Can we know anything by intuition, how does that work in your experience and does it differ from knowing something by logic?
why would we have any need for being wise or having wisdom?
This is a great question. I think intuitively we can see answers to this...? My question would be who or what is the we that holds the wisdom? Is this wisdom belonging to any one being or all beings? The word "hold" what does it mean? Any potential pitfalls in trying to hold something versus letting it be free and being with it. What is the difference between holding an experience with a "heavy touch" or "grasping" and holding it with a "light touch" and just "being"?
In a similar vein, could 'me' somehow be subject to a thing called 'pre-determinism' or if it existed would it have to apply to everything in reality?

Please look at what can and can't be found in direct experience. Seeing, hearing and sensations are found, as well as thoughts appearing ABOUT 'pre-determinism'... But is there a direct experience of pre-determinism?

There can be thoughts about these ideas but who or what actually knows?

Sending you love and blessings in these difficult times.

Simon

mohawk

Postby mohawk » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:57 pm

Simon,My friend it’s good to hear from you.Very sorry to hear of your dealings with the virus.I live upstate from New York City.Its 24-7 media night mare.Have not come into any direct experience with it.It is occupying much of our thoughts and experiences surrounding it though......Yes I would like to talk a bit about direct experience and it’s role. I admit it’s an area I’m not sure I fully understand yet.My take at this point is “It’s a vibration (That comes into awareness)we feel through what IS and is not to be confused with making it into a separate self”..Since my last inquiry about determinism and free will it makes sense to me there is no self.”I feel like a pawn in a game and can only stand back and watch.Which is okay because I realize it doesn’t make it a me....Intuition! Love this one.”I believe it comes from being in a space outside of humanness.My experience with intuition has happened when I’ve not sought it out.It seems to come when one is not caught up in thoughts and entangled with the sufferings thoughts bring.....I definitely have more peace in my life since working with you.Thanks

Sunyata67

Postby Sunyata67 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:49 pm

Hi Kelly
Intuition! Love this one.”I believe it comes from being in a space outside of humanness.My experience with intuition has happened when I’ve not sought it out.It seems to come when one is not caught up in thoughts and entangled with the sufferings thoughts bring....
Yes I find it works like that as well. I suggest you try and be mindful when things quieten down and see when intuition happens.

Is there any area you would like to ask some more about or work on some more with me?

Simon

Return to “THE GATE”