Registration

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
SimonR

Re: Registration

Postby SimonR » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:35 pm

Hi Stacy
You're doing great. Keep posing what you SEE.
Thanks. There is a spaciousness and freedom when ‘I’ is just beeing or seeing. There is no sense of a doer or controller,or a separate self at these times,(though sometimes there’s a thought of’self’ which itself is observed) . There is certainly a lightness, even playfulness.
There are however many distractions throughout the day and for most of the time I get lost in thought, until I remember to just see. But over time these periods are getting shorter, I think.

Loving,

Simon

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:02 am

Hi,
There is a spaciousness and freedom when ‘I’ is just beeing or seeing. There is no sense of a doer or controller,or a separate self at these times,(though sometimes there’s a thought of’self’ which itself is observed) . There is certainly a lightness, even playfulness.
Good.

Full abiding awakening all at one time is rare. Moat of us have periods of seeing alternating with periods of not.

Which way are you looking? (finding I'm not sure which exercise you're using.)

Looking for "self? "
Looking for where butt ends & chair begins?
Looking via the body exercise?

What is missing?

Loving,
~ Stacy

"Not to know there is an alternative to being lost
in thought is to be a kind of prisoner."

~ Sam Harris

SimonR

Postby SimonR » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:48 pm

Hi Stacy

I’m looking via the introductory body exercise

What is the ACTUAL experience of the body?

Look very carefully, especially with the last question.

Take your time, don’t rush. You can look several times during the day while doing other things (like washing hands, showering, having a short break from work, walking, etc) before replying.

So, I’m learning to relax with this, not over think and not to have expectations. The actual experience of the body is
just that, just experience or just being . Sensations in awareness (only thought ‘locates’ it) Walking down the street- no doer, just experience of walking, people, sounds etc. Spaciousness. Eating an apple in the library - just that . No self just AE. Self comes in as a thought and brings in a tightness , this can be noticed /recognised in awareness though (at times).

It gets easier to abide in just being. To relax and be spacious. But who or what is asking ‘is there a self?’ Sometimes I get caught up in this- a certain circularity. But at times, it’s noticed as just Thought. No self is ‘felt’, rather than rationalised

Loving,

Simon

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:23 am

Great. If you've found this exercise is "working" for you, feel free to stay with it.

And/or try looking this way:

Explore Sense of Self

Let’s say that you have lost your keys and you swear that you left them in your coat. You go to look and check all the pockets - the keys are not there. You swear they must be as that was the last place you remember them. You have a vivid memory of putting them there after you left the house. But when you check they are not there. At this point you can keep believing that the keys are in your pocket, or you can admit you were mistaken. This is just like that. You may see clearly that the self is an illusion but still feel a sense of self -just like the keys. But feeling something to be true and seeing that it is or is not is different.

This is why we may find ourselves coming back to your expectations at the start and at the end.

Now, I’d like to ask you to explore this SENSE of self very-very thoroughly. Not by thinking about it, but by FEELING it.

Keep the focus of attention on the sense of self and inquire:

Does the sense of self have a location?

Does the sense of self have a shape or a size?

Does the sense of self say or communicate anything?

If the answer is yes, how does the sense do this exactly?

Does the sense of self have any characteristics or attributes?

What is the sense of self ‘made of’? An image? Sound?Taste? Smell? Sensation? Thought?

This is one of my favorites. This, and knowing that it's like Santa Claus.

Loving,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

SimonR

Postby SimonR » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:16 pm

Hi Stacy

Apologies, internet has been down. Will reply more fully tomorrow!

Loving,

Simon

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:49 am

Okay!

Loving,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

SimonR

Postby SimonR » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:57 pm

Hi Stacy
Keep the focus of attention on the sense of self and inquire:

Does the sense of self have a location?

Does the sense of self have a shape or a size?

Does the sense of self say or communicate anything?

If the answer is yes, how does the sense do this exactly?

Does the sense of self have any characteristics or attributes?

What is the sense of self ‘made of’? An image? Sound?Taste? Smell? Sensation? Thought?

No, to all. The sense of self is made of thought. Thought gives it a semblance of something ie characteristics etc-,it’s located in my head behind me eyes, sort of thing. But ‘self’ is just thought . I can know this and experience this to be , at times, particularly between gaps of thinking

Loving,

Simon

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:08 pm

Hi Simon,

You've got the theory of this. You did before you registered here. I can give you more exercises (and probably will) ,but mind kicks in & wants to think.

What is helping you best to find the gap?

Keep practicing that!

Loving ,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

SimonR

Postby SimonR » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:46 pm

Hi Stacy
I can give you more exercises (and probably will) ,but mind kicks in & wants to think.
Ok, great. Yes mind seems to be the issue. I’m conscious of the story created by thought but am finding it easier to recognise this and drop it (even laugh at it a bit)
What is helping you best to find the gap?
Not sure. There is certainly some inspiration and underlying motivation coming from somewhere. Environment helps - a lot easier being outside with nature etc than inside or at work etc where mind is busy and distractions stop the recognition of gaps and consequent dropping of thoughts and opinions etc

Loving,

Simon

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:41 am

Hi Simon

I meant which exercise, but I didn't say that, and your reply makes me think of another pointer to share with you. It is this:

All There Is

No matter where you are with the "god" word, please use "god" for this exercise.

Throughout your day whatever you're looking at, whatever comes up, say to yourself, "This is how god is showing up right now."

Anything that slows up, meet it with this thought. Repay how that goes.

If you'd like to listen to a guided version, private message (top right of this page) an email address & and I'll link you to my Dropbox.

Loving,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

SimonR

Postby SimonR » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:43 am

Hi Stacy

All There Is

No matter where you are with the "god" word, please use "god" for this exercise.

Throughout your day whatever you're looking at, whatever comes up, say to yourself, "This is how god is showing up right now."

If you'd like to listen to a guided version, private message (top right of this page) an email address & and I'll link you to my Dropbox.

I have sent a pm (I think..) yes a link would be great . Thank you

Loving,

Simon

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:54 pm

Hi Simon,

I didn't get a PM. Do you want to try again?

It says "Private messages" at the top right between Notifications and your screen name.

Thanks!
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

SimonR

Postby SimonR » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:05 pm

Hi Stacy
All There Is

Somewhat surprisingly the use of the G word does not place an object (or being) in the way of experience. The placing of 'God' seems to loosen the boundaries between 'in here' and 'out there'. Especially when doing the guided meditation, the actual experience of 'god' in sounds, feelings, thought, is no different to experience of god as 'my' sense of being, 'my' breath', 'my' feeling of sitting on chair etc.

Thanks for the link!

Loving,

Simon

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:22 pm

Hi Simon,

Do you want to see if any of the other meditations there appeal to you?

Much love,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:43 pm

Hi,

Are you still out there?

Please check in each day. This is for you, not me. It helps keep the momentum going. Otherwise, thinking slips in and starts telling you untrue stories again.

Much love,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Return to “THE GATE”