Registration

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
SimonR

Re: Registration

Postby SimonR » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:14 am

Hi Stacy
Are you still out there?

Please check in each day. This is for you, not me. It helps keep the momentum going. Otherwise, thinking slips in and starts telling you untrue stories again.
Apologies, I’ve been a bit distracted and had to reorganise things at home/work etc due to current events. I have listened to the first guided talk and the q and as. It was okay, I think I respond better to the exercises but I’ll give the second guided talk a go today and write back

Loving,

Simon

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:27 pm

Hi Simon,

I wondered if you were anywhere that you *could* respond.

If listening isn't working for you, don't worry about it. Those were a big part of my own waking up. They are pointers, much like the ones we do here. I was there when that was recorded.

Remember, only fear and expectations can keep you from seeing. Note them, relax and keep looking. Any looking can open your awareness.

For example, Illona just posted this "Deep Looking," which is what we call the method here on "Meeting the Fear."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKX1llY ... 5litlcMM8

I will also give you another simple exercise here. It is similar to a couple of others, but combines awareness of content of thought (not AE) with awareness of no control or choice with that a little differently.

For a moment take note of exactly what is being experienced in this moment:

Notice all sound, all sensation, all smell, all taste, all color.

Notice how you're making absolutely no effort to be aware of them. And notice that you're not making them happen. You're not conducting the orchestra of experience that you're aware of.

Notice that thought is exactly the same as the rest of experience. You're effortlessly aware of it, but you're not orchestrating it. You're not even orchestrating the thoughts which say that you're able to orchestrate thoughts.

Stay as relaxed as possible. Remember relaxation is essential. Any moment you can SEE doing any of these.

Loving,
~ Stacy

"Not to know there is an alternative to being lost
in thought is to be a kind of prisoner."

~ Sam Harris

SimonR

Postby SimonR » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:07 am

Hi Stacy

Many thanks
I will do the exercise today and also watch Illona’s video
In terms of the guided meditations I have done the second one now where the ‘God’ is also introduced as that which is experiencing also. I found this very helpful and it sort of worked better for me than the first one. I had a real sense of interconnectedness and spaciousness

Loving,

Simon

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:31 pm

Hi Simon,

That sounds very good. You have plenty to work with. Just keep posting each day, so I can help.

Thank you!
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

SimonR

Postby SimonR » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:13 pm

Hi Stacy
For a moment take note of exactly what is being experienced in this moment:

Notice all sound, all sensation, all smell, all taste, all color.

Notice how you're making absolutely no effort to be aware of them. And notice that you're not making them happen. You're not conducting the orchestra of experience that you're aware of.

Notice that thought is exactly the same as the rest of experience. You're effortlessly aware of it, but you're not orchestrating it. You're not even orchestrating the thoughts which say that you're able to orchestrate thoughts.

Stay as relaxed as possible. Remember relaxation is essential. Any moment you can SEE doing any of these.

I have been trying this. I can see that thought is the same as the rest of experience, but its pull and ability to distract is way stronger. Sometimes it's easy and thought is just happening, I'm relaxed- other times 'I' get caught up in it. I get that relaxation is key rather than trying or expecting etc. I'll keep with it.

loving,

Simon

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:23 am

Perfect, yes. You anticipated the best thing to do. Relax.

If you post something that another exercise might address, I'll give you one. At the same time, continuing to just LOOK is key.

Keep posting. You've got this!

Loving,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

SimonR

Postby SimonR » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:17 am

Hi Stacy
If you post something that another exercise might address, I'll give you one. At the same time, continuing to just LOOK is key.
Yes, I thinking relaxing is key for me. I find myself overthinking things a bit and trying to ‘do’ things. An example is ‘should i be focusing on no doer now ‘ or should I be examining there is no self etc ‘ in this light, I’m trying to just drop these things and just be in an open awareness without letting my mind come in and try and describe it, or narrate it. does this make sense?

Loving,

Simon

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:09 pm

Yes. Simon, perfect sense.

Here's another variation on just looking for you. I don't think I've given you this.

Doership Exercise

Although you see that there is no noticer/ observer/ witness, there may still be the feeling of identification of being the ‘doer’. That it still ‘feels’ like there is a self that is the ‘chooser’.

So let’s have a look at this as it has to do with the sense of seeing.

Take a few relaxed breaths to let the dust settle for a while, and then:

Look on your right.

Then look on your left.

Finally, bring your head back to centre, close your eyes and look in front.

Okay, so when you look on the right, the view on the right is seen (whatever that is).

When you look on the left, the view on the left is seen (whatever that is).

And then, when you look in front of you with eyes closed, the view in front is seen (ie ‘black
space’).

So, when the view on the right is seen, do you have the ‘choice’ not to see? I’m not asking can you ‘choose’ to see something else like another view or ‘black space’ if you close your eyes. The question is; can you turn seeing off? Can you NOT see what is seen?

Same thing with the view on the left, can you NOT see the view on the left?

Same thing with the view in front with closed eyes, can you NOT see the ‘black space’?

Can you turn off seeing?

What did the 'chooser' choose? Did a 'self' choose something?

If you are unable to choose what you're aware of, then what else is there to choose?

Have fun, relax. Just more LOOKING.

Loving,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:27 am

Hey,

It's been 4 days again. Sometimes this is the darkness before the dawn. Some fear keeping you from looking & posting every day, as recommended.

How's it going? Is there some fear or distraction?

Much love,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

SimonR

Postby SimonR » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:45 pm

Hi Stacey

All ok but i think I as i mentioned i am feeling the need to drop things as everything feels a bit cluttered. It’s all really wonderful and helpful but i feel i need to just sit with it. I feel that i have everything i need, and thank you for wonderful help and time, but i just need to relax and be it, to start living it in a more open and spacious way.i am experiencing the freedom of dropping things which is great! The exercises/videos etc were great but i find now that they cause distraction. I hope this ok. So i won’t post anything else, if that’s alright. You are an excellent guide, and have really helped me shift things and clarify the way ‘forward’ -thank you!

Thank you again and keep well
Loving,

Simon

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:16 pm

Oh! I did not understand what you meant. Yes, of course do whatever you feel is right for you. It's been great. And I wish you all the best.

Be aware that if you find yourself feeling you have shifted into seeing no self, there are some final questions that we usually ask. You can come back and ask for those at any time.

Lpving,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Return to “THE GATE”