Being in awareness

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
SaraStar

Being in awareness

Postby SaraStar » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:17 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this? There is no separateness. There is awareness without boundaries - it is all one, within and without. There is no separate me owning 'my stuff'. Upon inspection, no 'I' can be found. There is only being happening now in everything at once, passing through without management.
What are you looking for at LU? To attain greater clarity as to the nature of being in 'my' experience. Awareness of being and surrendering is continuous learning and 'I' wish to look deeper into that awareness of being. There is a sense of surrendering to a flow that is still life in all its many ways and 'I' am interested in exploring more deeply the sense of oneness within and without.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
To be guided to a deep knowing and liberation of 'self' through a process of questioning, experiencing and learning. Guides hold the torch while the traveller walks the path. The guide points along the path to illuminate, via questions and knowledge, the way to deeper awareness.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
Since the age of 4 there has been a knowledge of connection. The path has been sometimes intense, sometimes frustrating and sometimes illuminating. I was brought up in a Catholic family so my first seeking was along a God focused path and I was an actress in a Christian community theatre. Later in life I started exploring my own divinity through meditation which snowballed into a maze of paths. I've read a lot about the ancient practices in India and have followed in the steps of Yogananda. The centered experience of Buddhism held me for a while but it was only until after I saw 'Matrix' and read Michael Singer's books 'the untethered soul' and 'the surrender experiment' that I started to question the nature of a separate sense of self and existence. That led me to this site and Ilona's books. Having had a session with Ilona, there is an awareness of a sense of unfolding being experienced and I sense that the past year has been one of just being as that is all I've been able to experience.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

StaffordJR

Re: Being in awareness

Postby StaffordJR » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:07 pm

Dear Being in Awareness,
Hi my name is Stafford & It would be a pleasure to be your guide. I apologize for your wait & can start as soon as you like. Too Start with I like to stay in what's actually happening if that makes sense to you? Ok so if you're ready & accept me as your guide we can start anytime. Sending Peace Love Life & Laughter Yours Truly Stafford

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

SaraStar

Postby SaraStar » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:30 pm

Stafford, hi... Wow... I'm so excited and this is so unexpected. I just checked in, as I do every night, to see what is new and there was my post no longer saying 'last post by SaraStar'... Gosh, how wonderful to be able to start this guiding process, thank you 😄🥳😄.

Just so you know, we are right in the middle of moving house so my time is a bit all over the place but I'm committed to this and can't wait to get stuck in. We actually move on Friday 13th but in between unpacking and sorting things out I'll make it my business to keep posting.

By the way, please call me Sara and, once again, THANK YOU 🙏✨😄✨🙏

StaffordJR

Postby StaffordJR » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:54 am

Stafford, hi... Wow... I'm so excited and this is so unexpected. I just checked in, as I do every night, to see what is new and there was my post no longer saying 'last post by SaraStar'... Gosh, how wonderful to be able to start this guiding process, thank you ImageImageImage.

Just so you know, we are right in the middle of moving house so my time is a bit all over the place but I'm committed to this and can't wait to get stuck in. We actually move on Friday 13th but in between unpacking and sorting things out I'll make it my business to keep posting.

By the way, please call me Sara and, once again, THANK YOU ImageImageImageImageImage
Hi Sara just wanted too say Hi & let You know I'm Happy & Excited Too Join You on Your Journey. It's usually easier for me to post between 11:30pm & 3am sometimes earlier if I can. I live in Oregon & my hours are weird & since You're in the middle of moving, We'll post back as soon as We can get it as Long as We keep some Consistency , no worries life Happens Right Lol !!! Oh & the way I right may be hard too read, so Please let me know if You're having Problems understanding me it's no problem I can adjust Lol
So Let's get to IT ¡ ! ¡ While You're moving find Exactly When You're Doing & Making Decisions if that makes since ?!? Then let me know Exactly what's going to be different when passing through the Gate ?!? Hope this makes Sense to You, let me know if not. Till later Sending Peace Love Life & Laughter Yours Truly StaffordImageImageImageImageImageImage

SaraStar

Postby SaraStar » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:22 pm

Hi Stafford,
Thank you for your prompt response.
It's usually easier for me to post between 11:30pm & 3am sometimes earlier if I can. I live in Oregon & my hours are weird & since You're in the middle of moving, We'll post back as soon as We can get it as Long as We keep some Consistency
For your information I live in Europe, in Austria, so our time difference is significant but that's no problem for me at all.
Oh & the way I right may be hard too read, so Please let me know if You're having Problems understanding me it's no problem I can adjust Lol
Stafford, I have read through a lot of your posts with other people you are guiding and I do see that - for whatever reason - your way of expressing yourself through writing can be a bit distracting. The only reason that this may be any problem for me is that as I am wanting to focus on being guided and the work itself, I don't want to worry about not understanding you. I'm a counselling psychologist/psychotherapist by profession and I'm only too aware of how difficult it can be for people to express themselves in any format. HOWEVER, I'm prepared to "let's get to it" as you say and see how far we get. Thank you for your direct honesty - I'll let you know if I'm having a problem.
While You're moving find Exactly When You're Doing & Making Decisions if that makes since ?!?
Soooo...in the process of everything that is being done, there is an awareness of things being done - they are happening and sometimes there is a direct awareness of decisions being made and things being done. Sometimes, when things get a bit stressful or emotional (because of the move), suddenly 'I' and 'my' stories with regard to the move come into play. Then awareness comes back and there is only the experiencing again.
There has been a lot of driving to do and mostly 'I' am the passenger. This means that there is an opportunity to just sit and be as the experience of cars passing by or scenery flashing past just happen. 'I' consciously let go of 'I' and allow direct experience to happen with only awareness as a knowledge of that experience.
Then let me know Exactly what's going to be different when passing through the Gate ?!?

Stafford, life won't change that's for sure BUT there is an awareness within that when 'I' is not part of anything then things seem to be lighter, clearer and a lot simpler. For 'me' there is a sense or, perhaps, a deep desire to live purely in the actual experience being experienced rather than being in an experience yet have a story of 'me' going on in my head which takes 'Sara' away from actual experience. So no clashing cymbals or choirs of angels but just a relaxing into the experience being experienced with pure awareness. This, on a consistent basis, would be like living in pure bliss.

Just to finish off Stafford, I know that Ilona was your guide. I had a skype session with her and found it to be a truly liberating and deeply relaxing/moving experience. I know that for you to have gone through the process with Ilona, I am in the hands of an excellent guide.

With love and gratitude
Sara

StaffordJR

Postby StaffordJR » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:49 am

Hi Sara,
Wish this post was a little sooner Apologies !!! Love Your post, it gives me a good feeling where You're at on this & I appreciate Your honesty as well !!! I see You are aware of Yourself & What's around You, Great that's going too help !!!
Soo the reason its hard for me to Express this, is Because it's Really really unexplainable ?!? Words actually get in the way. Its not conceptual or intellectual, understanding IT in any of those ways Will Keep You Searching !!! Directly Seeing What's Actually Happening IS The only Way !!!
Seeing This may or may not change anything or may or may not make anyone more Aware or more Peaceful, it's just Seeing What's Actually Happening !!!
Ok Sara I'd like You to go to The Senses, touch sight & sound. Slow down & See when You, Sara are making them Happen ??? Now the reason I have You go to the senses is That's where We get our information on what's going on in our world & what too do. What's going too be thought of next & so forth. This is very subtle so take Your time & let me know what You See ?!?
I Love get into more details, however that's how We can get lost & get into teaching & Really Knowledge is dead Here & Moment Too Moment Seeing This, IS Wow, unbelievable & undeniably in our face or better IS our Face !!!
Ok so once again watch the senses, there's a reason I say The Senses. See when You are making them Happen !?!
Thank You & hope Your move is going smoothly take care talk soon & Sending Peace Love Life & Laughter Yours Truly Stafford

SaraStar

Postby SaraStar » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:44 pm

Hi again Stafford ☺️,

What a lovely message, thank you.
Ok Sara I'd like You to go to The Senses, touch sight & sound. Slow down & See when You, Sara are making them Happen ??? Now the reason I have You go to the senses is That's where We get our information on what's going on in our world & what too do. What's going too be thought of next & so forth. This is very subtle so take Your time & let me know what You See ?!?
Well, this didn't take long Stafford. While I've been waiting for a guide to show up I've been doing some reading of transcripts and Ilona's and Joan Tollifson's books so there's been some work going on 😄😉!

Sitting and just being allows senses to sense! Hearing or sounds happening don't seem to have any agency anywhere i.e. there is no boundary between hearing and the sounds being heard. The same is true of seeing and smelling.

With taste and touch it is more tangibly physical so the awareness arises that there are nerves in the finger which allow the finger to feel the texture of the object. The same with taste. So it is true that sensations are happening without doing anything but there does appear to be a more distinct boundary between the touching of the finger and the felt experience of the texture. There is awareness that the moment skin touches something the experience happening is individual to the thing being touched or tasted.

However, all sensations are happening of their own accord/agency. There is no Sara/I that is in charge of making it happen.

Stafford, I must be honest here... Having read alot of the transcripts I am aware of how this works so there is uncertainty as to whether this is actual experience (I did/am doing the exercise and am writing based on that) or just saying what others have reported/experienced. Perhaps both? But...in the exercise the experience, about which I've written, is actual.

Thank you for your time and enthusiasm 🙏☺️🙏.
We move in tomorrow. Our dogs are staying with someone as it's a bit stressful for them.

With kindness and love
Sara 🙏☺️🙏

StaffordJR

Postby StaffordJR » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:10 am

Hi again Stafford Image,

What a lovely message, thank you.
Well, this didn't take long Stafford. While I've been waiting for a guide to show up I've been doing some reading of transcripts and Ilona's and Joan Tollifson's books so there's been some work going on ImageImage!

Sitting and just being allows senses to sense! Hearing or sounds happening don't seem to have any agency anywhere i.e. there is no boundary between hearing and the sounds being heard. The same is true of seeing and smelling.

With taste and touch it is more tangibly physical so the awareness arises that there are nerves in the finger which allow the finger to feel the texture of the object. The same with taste. So it is true that sensations are happening without doing anything but there does appear to be a more distinct boundary between the touching of the finger and the felt experience of the texture. There is awareness that the moment skin touches something the experience happening is individual to the thing being touched or tasted.

However, all sensations are happening of their own accord/agency. There is no Sara/I that is in charge of making it happen.

Stafford, I must be honest here... Having read alot of the transcripts I am aware of how this works so there is uncertainty as to whether this is actual experience (I did/am doing the exercise and am writing based on that) or just saying what others have reported/experienced. Perhaps both? But...in the exercise the experience, about which I've written, is actual.

Thank you for your time and enthusiasm ImageImageImage.
We move in tomorrow. Our dogs are staying with someone as it's a bit stressful for them.

With kindness and love
Sara ImageImageImage
Hi Sara,
Yes & No, not Exactly what I'm pointing too & Wow I feel like I'm talking too my own mind Lol. I've, so too speak have studied & run away from this back & forth since I was very little as well & Really get where You're coming from !!! And so
I've been sitting with Your post All Day & waiting for Some New Pointer Too come up to help Guide You in Seeing This. And I Just remember something my Poppy told me.
"" Throw away the thorn used too take out the splinter. "" In other words Drop Everything You used too uncover the Truth, it won't get You there from Here !?!
Ok so drop everything You've read & studied. Is there any thing that You can describe & or someone else has already reported ? If it can't be described can You feel IT ? Dose have a size ?
Can it go away & disappear ?
I hope this opens something up for You & if it's unclear, that ok there's no time line & I Love This so We'll find a way !!!
Sending Peace Love Life & Laughter Yours Truly Stafford ImageImageImageImageImageImage

PS Glad You & Your Family are in Your new place & You're Dogs Will definitely destress checking out their new territory Lol Sending much Love ImageImageImage

SaraStar

Postby SaraStar » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:26 pm

Ahh... Stafford, hi...
Eeek... You've misunderstood my post. I'll explain... What I meant was that before you offered to be my guide I was looking through all the posts here and going through the exercises BUT what I wrote about the senses was what I experienced doing the exercises just before I wrote to you. What I said wasn't from reading, it was my own experience of doing the exercise you set me.

Hmmmm...and actually I've done very little reading or research. All I was saying was that I had read the posts here and so had already played around with some of the exercises set for others here.

I don't want to spend time explaining about misunderstandings as we are in such different time zones so waiting for a response with excitement only to find out I have to explain what I wrote from the beginning is a bit frustrating. I don't mind misunderstandings but it's just that the time gap means a long wait.

I'm sorry Stafford.
Love
Sara

StaffordJR

Postby StaffordJR » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:03 am

Thank you for your time and enthusiasm .

I don't want to spend time explaining about misunderstandings as we are in such different time zones so waiting for a response with excitement only to find out I have to explain what I wrote from the beginning is a bit frustrating. I don't mind misunderstandings but it's just that the time gap means a long wait.

I'm sorry Stafford.
Love
Sara

Hi Sara,
I'm So so Sorry Apologies for this misunderstanding myself, it wasn't intended & i understand You don't want to waste Your Time !!!
So let's keep it short & too the point, unless of course details are need at the time. :)
So like You mentioned Here
""( However, all sensations are happening of their own accord/agency. There is no Sara/I that is in charge of making it happen.) ""
OK to avoid & more miss understandings
Is this what You're Seeing & please keep as simple as possible. Thank You for being so direct patient & kind & I totally want this for You as much as You & will go too any length as so we understand each other !!! Sending Peace Love Life & Laughter Yours Truly Stafford

SaraStar

Postby SaraStar » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:10 am

Hello dear Stafford and thank you for your openness to the felt impatience ☺️!
Is this what You're Seeing & please keep as simple as possible.
Yes Stafford, that's exactly what happened when doing the exercise over a period of an hour.
AND.....SOOOO AMAZING.... As we drove to our new house yesterday for two hours, I spent a great part of that just being and not labelling anything, just experiencing sensual information (I've given labels here so you know what I mean by the experience description I give 😄). What was there was this:
Whooshing (sounds of cars and road)
Pressure (body parts touching each other)
Expansion (as I asked "is there a difference between the inner being and outer world?")
The overall sense was of just being, pure and simple (letting go).

I put no meaning into any of it, it just was and that was all at once: overwhelming, beautiful, relaxing, very sad and a feeling of depression which made me think of Neo in the matrix when he sees through the comfort of illusion.

What was also there was a realisation, at points, that it's much much easier to revert to the brain and the 'I' stories - so easy 🙊! To remain in the being state took focus but I just said to myself "it's like a muscle - practice lots and it will change".

So that's it dear Stafford.
Thank you, thank you, thank you
Love
Sara ✨☺️🙏☺️✨

StaffordJR

Postby StaffordJR » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:33 am

Hello dear Stafford and thank you for your openness to the felt impatience Image!
Is this what You're Seeing & please keep as simple as possible.
Yes Stafford, that's exactly what happened when doing the exercise over a period of an hour.
AND.....SOOOO AMAZING.... As we drove to our new house yesterday for two hours, I spent a great part of that just being and not labelling anything, just experiencing sensual information (I've given labels here so you know what I mean by the experience description I give Image). What was there was this:
Whooshing (sounds of cars and road)
Pressure (body parts touching each other)
Expansion (as I asked "is there a difference between the inner being and outer world?")
The overall sense was of just being, pure and simple (letting go).

I put no meaning into any of it, it just was and that was all at once: overwhelming, beautiful, relaxing, very sad and a feeling of depression which made me think of Neo in the matrix when he sees through the comfort of illusion.

What was also there was a realisation, at points, that it's much much easier to revert to the brain and the 'I' stories - so easy Image! To remain in the being state took focus but I just said to myself "it's like a muscle - practice lots and it will change".

So that's it dear Stafford.
Thank you, thank you, thank you
Love
Sara ImageImageImageImageImage
Oh my Love This & Yes Sara Beautifully Seen !!! That sadness & depression is natural. There is So much energy in trying too Do & Be something & someone, when that void is felt, all kinds of stuff comes up & drops away eventually !!!
Now when You're trying Too focus, take a deep look at trying & Who is trying & How !?! While looking into trying, what do You have to do Too Be ?!?
Ok hope that's clear & You're so Welcome Sara & no problem with with whatever comes up for You, it's Why I'm Here & What I Love !!! Sending Peace Love Life & Laughter Yours Truly Stafford ImageImageImageImageImageImage

SaraStar

Postby SaraStar » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:05 pm

Hello dear Stafford
We've been moving in to our new house and today has been chaotic. I'll get some free time tomorrow afternoon so will contemplate and get back to you.

Much love
Sara 😄✨😄

StaffordJR

Postby StaffordJR » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:42 am

Hello dear Stafford
We've been moving in to our new house and today has been chaotic. I'll get some free time tomorrow afternoon so will contemplate and get back to you.

Much love
Sara ImageImageImage
Hi my Dear Sara no problems take as much time as You Need. Totally understand moving !!! So talk with You when things are Less Chaotic Lol Sending Peace Love Life & Laughter Yours Truly Stafford ImageImageImageImageImageImage

SaraStar

Postby SaraStar » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:39 pm

Hey dear Stafford 😄✨😄
Thank you for waiting 💐

I had to do a long drive today for the first time in over a year. I was really nervous but I got here 😄🙏😄. Picking up the dogs tomorrow and then driving back. It's a Monday so hoping the motorway won't be too challenging.

Anyway.... Wow....
Now when You're trying Too focus, take a deep look at trying & Who is trying & How !?! While looking into trying, what do You have to do Too Be ?!?
In doing this exercise I realise from my last post
What was also there was a realisation, at points, that it's much much easier to revert to the brain and the 'I' stories - so easy Image! To remain in the being state took focus but I just said to myself "it's like a muscle - practice lots and it will change".
was that it's all back to front and I'm not sure I can explain but I'll try....

It's easy to just sit, wherever one is, and let thoughts and stories take you down rabbit holes - it's what we are used to and it just happens and before we know it we are in some elaborate story in our heads! All of this is easy. So you asked me to focus on the above quoted exercises and what I found was that there was no trying or doing in being and focusing.

The trying, or effort, comes from trying to leave the rabbit warren and pull away to just be.

Once there in that space of being there is no 'trying', doing or anything. When experienced without any labels or thought about what is happening, there is no-one doing any of it - 'it' is just a flow of sensation. At one point I stopped 'trying' to keep thoughts away and also just experienced them with no labels.
Seriously...I think the human cognitive brain is deformed! From where are those thoughts popping up?!?

In the past couple of days I used the 'no label' exercise with body pain that I have. I thought of my dogs and how they just experience the pain of something as part of their experience. There is no drama, no moaning about a poor, hurting self. So I just stopped labelling the pain and just experienced the experience as part of being. Invariably the pain would diminish.

So in essence... When quietly 'being' and able to focus, without distractions to attend to, experiences of sensations just come and go without anyone doing anything. 'Doing' only turns up again when returning to the 'I' experience of the rabbit warren. Wow 🥳✨🥳.

Love, gratitude and hugs to you Stafford XXX🙏☺️🙏

Return to “ARCHIVES”