Lou Fuciarelli

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
bodywellness

Lou Fuciarelli

Postby bodywellness » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:54 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
Let me be very honest with this. So, I discovered the work of Loch Kelly and his work of Awareness Aware of Awareness. In that experience of Being, there is no Louie, just Awareness, just experiencing. No sense of me, mine, my story. Louie is a thought. yet there is that fall back to everyday awareness, to habitual thinking.

What are you looking for at LU?
The point has been reached where I want to see what is true, the truth. What to expect, what should be, can be, what is liberation, are seen as Louie constructs and expectations. What is the TRUTH? What is TRUE? Who or what is asking these questions? In aware Awareness there are no questions, there is no who or a what. There is just flow.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
In doing the glimpsing of aware awareness, there just is that ground, that field of being. Yet after that, habitual patterns of doing, thinking still come to the fore. It seems that acting and doing from being is not yet the habitual mode.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
Like most of us, I have been on the spiritual/seeking, buffet line for a hell of along time. Meditation, even mindfulness meditation, did not hold my attention for long. But there has always been a sense that these practices don't really matter. There has been a felt sense, that being is just here to be re-recognized. Nothing more than that. Rupert Spira's simplicity of using language is a counterpoint to the confusion that is out there. Discovered the work of Loch Kelly and the glimpse practices done many times a day. This is unhooking from everyday mind/thoughts and living from Presence. Yet this embodied Presence recedes to the background, and everyday mind comes to the fore again after the glimpsing.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

Anastacia42

Re: Lou Fuciarelli

Postby Anastacia42 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:54 pm

Good morning,

I see that you've been waiting for a guide for over a month. Thank you for your patience.

My name is Stacy & I can be your guide, if you would like. If so . . .

If you haven't already read the disclaimer, please read it now and just confirm to me that you have read it. Here is the link.

http://liberationunleashed.com/disclaimer-2/

Also please read “Liberation Unleashed is not …” in the FAQ’s of LU. Here is the link.

http://liberationunleashed.com/about/faq/#faq-1041

Some housekeeping guidelines:

1. Post at least once a day, or every second day. If you need more time, or are unable to post for several days, just write a quick post on your thread to let me know please.

2. There is no one judging answers given, so please be 100% honest in your answers and inquiry.

3. This exploration is based on actual experience (AE) - smell, taste, sound, sensation, colour and observed thoughts. Long-winded analytical and philosophical answers are best avoided and may even hinder progress. This is not a self-improvement process. There is no ‘self’ to improve.

4. Put aside all other teachings, philosophies, rituals, practices, books/reading and so on for the remainder of this investigation. Really put all your effort and attention in to seeing this reality, as it is. If you have a daily meditation practice, it is fine to continue that but is not necessary for this exploration.

Technology is not perfect and sometimes there is a glitch which can wipe out your responses. It is advisable that you copy and paste questions asked into Word, answer them there and then copy and paste them to your thread. Always save a copy of what you have done, it will save time in the long run!

To begin with, so that we both become aware of what your expectations are about this exploration. In your own words (not from actual experience, but just honest answers), could you please answer the 4 following questions:

How will life change?
How will you change?
What will be different?
What is missing?

Throughout this exploration I would like you to answer all questions that I have written in blue text. Please answer questions individually, remembering to use the quote function to highlight the question being answered. Instructions on using the Quote function are here: https://www.liberationunleashed.com/na ... ?f=4&t=660

Much love
~ Stacy

"Not to know there is an alternative to being lost
in thought is to be a kind of prisoner."

~ Sam Harris

bodywellness

Postby bodywellness » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:27 pm

How will life change?[/
Hello Stacy, thank you ever so much for guiding. There is a sense of joy to be in this exploration. I am traveling to Florida Monday the 25th of November and traveling home December 2nd. So on those two days I will not be able to post. In between I should be able to post daily. Is this ok with you? or should i wait till the 3rd of December?
HOW WILL LIFE CHANGE?
In direct experience of awareness there is just flow. Previously to directly experiencing spacious awareness, there was an expectation that can be described by the word "imperturbable" where there is calm, not being upset by any situation, or happening. Yet there is knowing that all arises from that ground of being, including upsets, calm as well as storms. Experiencing, flowing, being.
HOW WILL YOU CHANGE?
In direct raw looking sensing, feeling, a location of "you,I, mine" can't be found. Just scanning that you, it is a mental sensation,relating to past experiences, or identifying with this body. If there is no you, what's there to change? Nothing.
WHAT WILL BE DIFFERENT?
There has been a realization that there re six senses, thinking being just mental sensation, yet a very persistent habitual way of experiencing. What is different now, is that direct experiencing, is that all six senses are seen as part of awareness, yet in any experiencing I don't have to refer to thinking, to use language to label, compare, exclude, include, unless there is a movement to that.
WHAT IS MISSING?
Beyond and including all language concepts of right and wrong, and all other adjectives, there is just That Isness. There is nothing missing, beyond words, It just Is.

bodywellness

Postby bodywellness » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:30 pm

How will life change?[/
Hello Stacy, thank you ever so much for guiding. There is a sense of joy to be in this exploration. I am traveling to Florida Monday the 25th of November and traveling home December 2nd. So on those two days I will not be able to post. In between I should be able to post daily. Is this ok with you? or should i wait till the 3rd of December?
HOW WILL LIFE CHANGE?
In direct experience of awareness there is just flow. Previously to directly experiencing spacious awareness, there was an expectation that can be described by the word "imperturbable" where there is calm, not being upset by any situation, or happening. Yet there is knowing that all arises from that ground of being, including upsets, calm as well as storms. Experiencing, flowing, being.
HOW WILL YOU CHANGE?
In direct raw looking sensing, feeling, a location of "you,I, mine" can't be found. Just scanning that you, it is a mental sensation,relating to past experiences, or identifying with this body. If there is no you, what's there to change? Nothing.
WHAT WILL BE DIFFERENT?
There has been a realization that there re six senses, thinking being just mental sensation, yet a very persistent habitual way of experiencing. What is different now, is that direct experiencing, is that all six senses are seen as part of awareness, yet in any experiencing I don't have to refer to thinking, to use language to label, compare, exclude, include, unless there is a movement to that.
WHAT IS MISSING?
Beyond and including all language concepts of right and wrong, and all other adjectives, there is just That Isness. There is nothing missing, beyond words, It just Is. Much Love and Appreciation.

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:20 pm

Hi!

I'm about to be driving & will read replies in a little bit.

In the meantime, please use the Quote Function only on the part you're quoting. Do not use it on your replies or I will never find them in all that text.

Like this:
Quoted Question or Text
Your reply.
Quoted Question or Text
Your reply.
Quoted Question or Text
Your reply.

Use the Preview button below to check how it will look before you click Submit. OK?

Thank you!
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:57 pm

Yes, we can begin. It's okay to miss a day every now & then

Your answers are true & "realistic," so to speak.

What do you control or decide? Describe this and tell me how it works.

Much love,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

bodywellness

Postby bodywellness » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:27 pm

What do you control or decide? Describe this and tell me how it works
Without going to thinking(concepts, ideas) I have no explanation for this. Call it a mystery. The body is breathing, all bodily processes are taking place, with no Louie involved. It just is. Yet, let's say there is a decision to take this road or that, for a destination, or to do this first, or that last, or to have dinner at 5 pm or 6 pm. This is a mystery, but language, words, of controlling, deciding, and are concepts that would lead one to the conclusion that there is a controller and decider. What is it that is beyond word "what." Yet I am a little miffed that there is no sense to this. Some intuitive sense tells me that there really is no sense to this, that life, movement, is just flowing. Hmmm.
Much appreciation, and Love.

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:27 am

Hi Lou,

I've read & re-read your answers. You've got this.

Yes, sometimes thinking & identification show up. Often this shows us some untrue thinking to resolve. It's a process that can sometimes take weeks, months or years. That's normal. Full abiding awakening in one shot is rare.

So, other than the normal unraveling of lingering lies, what do you think is missing?

Loving,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

bodywellness

Postby bodywellness » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:33 pm

So, other than the normal unraveling of lingering lies, what do you think is missing?
[/quote
Hello Stacy we have arrived at our Florida destination.Lingering lies, stories, assumptions will always be there and seen as that, stories, assumptions , comparisons and so on. Thinking would define that seeing, hearing an what that seemless whole is. As I sit looking out on an outdoor vista, I can reference thought and say that awareness is aware of Itself seeing, hearing, or what a beautiful view this is, with resplendent greenery. In direct raw experiencing, when words drop away, there is only seeing, hearing, and sensations on the skin and the weight of the body siting on a chair. It just is, there is only seeing, hearing, sensing. Is there anything missing, or can anything be added, or subtracted? There is only seeing, hearing, sensing, and beyond those words, there is flow, flowing , flowing. Much Love Stacy.

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:35 pm

Hi Lou,

There is nothing needed for you to see that there is no separate self. No guiding seems needed.

Following are some questions we use to check in and see what else might need to be addressed. You are seeing truth clearly, as best "I" can tell.

1) Is there a separate entity 'self', 'me' 'I', at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form? Was there ever?

2) Explain in detail what the illusion of separate self is, when it starts and how it works from your own experience. Describe it fully as you see it now.

3) How does it feel to see this? What is the difference from before you started this dialogue? Please report from the past few days.

4) What was the last bit that pushed you over, made you look?

5) Describe decision, intention, free will, choice and control. What makes things happen? How does it work? What are you responsible for? Give examples from experience.

6) Anything to add?

Loving,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

bodywellness

Postby bodywellness » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:53 pm

1) Is there a separate entity 'self', 'me' 'I', at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form? Was there ever?
In direct experiencing a location of an "I' can't be found. Now from thinking there was a believing called a Louie. That story is still there, and it's ok, it is now seen as just that, a story.

bodywellness

Postby bodywellness » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:03 pm

2) Explain in detail what the illusion of separate self is, when it starts and how it works from your own experience. Describe it fully as you see it now.
The story of "me, mine, others" starts at a young age. Someone has referred to this as the "domestication" of a young human, using language, and acculturation, to create a sense of me, and not me. Before age 4, growing up in a rural Italian setting, there a magical sense of newness, of joyusness in experiencing being in a body, and looking out on a magical landscape. He could see and sense the life flowing in trees, vegetation, and animals. There was a sense of awe at the sound of running water as it made its way in brooks and small rivers, and even the mountains seemed to be alive. Just being in a mountain meadow hearing the sound of birds, was truly captivating. As we traveled on a bus or mule back, every turn in the road, every new vista, was a joy to behold. Traveling to country fairs in a somewhat medieval setting was truly memorable. Then peoples beliefs, expectations, and customs, using language, came to the fore, and the construct of a separate self was created. I could not make sense of how others could be so mean and hurtful. There developed a sense that I wanted to be safe, wanted to be appreciated, wanted to be loved. Now the need to control how I could get those needs met, became a subconscious motivator. In a manner of speaking "paradise" became a distant memory. So those wants which equate to lacking, set in motion the searching for what was lost, that sense of magic, that sense of belonging. Now the searching begins, looking at this teaching and that, this group or that teacher. Could the answer be found in this seminar now and what about another one six months from now? You can call this a spiritual/new age buffet line. Then my friend Ray Diaz pointed me to the LU site and information.

bodywellness

Postby bodywellness » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:51 pm

3) How does it feel to see this? What is the difference from before you started this dialogue? Please report from the past few days.
Hey Stacy, I will let you know that this Direct Looking started 4 months ago. I was introduced to the LU site and Ilona's book, by Ray who interacted with a Guide. The LU app was also downloaded. So one can say that the soil was prepared way before interacting with you. Before Direct Looking there was an underlying sadness of having lost that connection to Isness. Now that Presence is expressing as this embodiment, and these senses, and is all that Is. It had receded to the background. Thinking had become the locus of experiencing, and the other senses and Raw experiencing had receded. Looking from that sense of the "I" everything was referred to mind interpretation. Now through Direct Glimpsing/Looking there is conscious awareness that there is only seeing, hearing, flowing,, immanence-ing, and experiencing. There is an innate knowing that Louie doesn't have to control anything, because there is no Louie, nor was there ever a Louie. Need and wants are seen as part of the story of a separate, limited self. Every emanation, every experiencing, all that arises is seen/intuited directly as Isness. All is accepted as not separate from what Is. There is a sense of relief, a relaxation, a sense of ease, that wasn't there before. There is acceptance of flowing with whatever is presenting, flowing. There is a sense of a flowing, experiencing itself, and when all words, and language, and descriptions, cease to be, there Is only Isness, in that Direct experiencing nothing else can be said.

bodywellness

Postby bodywellness » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:50 pm

) What was the last bit that pushed you over, made you look?
What really made me see that there is no "I" was when I was looking, experiencing, the glimpse-ing called "Coming back to your senses." In Buddhism thinking is considered as a sixth sense, or being mental sensations. Basically in this glimpse one moves to experiencing all six senses, and as each one comes to the fore, the other ones recede to the background. In thinking, what we think we are, including the five senses and our persona, are believed to appear only in thinking. This has become the place to where all experiences are referred to. So we have spent all of our attention on this sense, and the other senses are experienced as a subset of thinking. Direct Looking is not possible here in the sense we are contrasting, comparing, judging, labeling, naming, deleting, adding and on and on. There was a sudden explosion of a realization. "What do these senses appear to." All I could say was, "really, really, oh wow, oh crap. The simplicity of what has always been there was just overwhelming. That's when the realization came through that no one is experiencing anything. That what I believed to be a me, was just thinking that there was a me. Before, there was a believing that all five senses were happening to Louie and that I was the captain of this ship. In this glimpsing exercise placing attention on thinking, there is only thinking and the other senses recede. Unhooking from thinking to hearing there is only hearing. Putting attention to seeing there is only seeing. Switching to the other senses there is only that sensing. The realization that thinking had become the primary sense of interacting with life was overwhelming. In that moment the idea of a controller, a manager crumbled to it's very foundation. "The kingdom/queendom of heaven is right before your eyes, and you see it not."

bodywellness

Postby bodywellness » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:14 pm

5) Describe decision, intention, free will, choice and control. What makes things happen? How does it work? What are you responsible for? Give examples from experience.
For now thinking or logic is going to be engaged. In looking at the word "decision" it implies that there is a decider. "Intention" implies that there is a who that decides and sets goals. "Free will" implies that there are choices that are arrived at either consciously or unconsciously. In other words free to choose. All of this implies that there is a manager, either an enlightened one, or one not so much. In Direct Raw experiencing there is only Direct experiencing. There is direct experiencing of flowing, moving. life-ing, seeing, happening, deciding, choicing. All is arising in that Field of being.

Return to “ARCHIVES”