This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
KDJ

Postby KDJ » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:57 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
that the identification with a separate self are just thoughts/stories/past conditioning & habits. Egoic consciousness.

What are you looking for at LU?
Help with having a direct experience of the universal aware/knowing. I don't really know what else to put to fill in the remaining character requirement, but I think you will understand from what I wrote.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
guidance towards a direct experience of the truth and abiding in that truth.I don't really know what else to put to fill in the remaining character requirement, but I think you will understand from what I wrote.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
I am 50 years old. I was drawn to the truth in my early twenties and developed a good intellectual understanding from a lot of reading and almost went to India to seek a guru. Well, life took over and such, but I would still read books on and off. About 2 and half years ago my desire for the truth kicked in and I have read tons more along with meditation and self inquiry. Probably a year ago I had a little bit of an ahha moment through self investigation, realizing that I am not my mind or my body and am almost like a puppet. Yet there is no way to know this aware/knowing via the mind and that there is nothing behind the curtain. However, I would not call it a direct knowing without a doubt. I have had experiences where I seem to be outside my body/mind and be watching the action figure of myself. Often times I catch myself becoming aware from almost being in like a dream state while involved in the charting and story of self. I had one experience where my mind was racing for no reason all night long. I kept trying to step aside and just watch it. Then at one point I was total removed from my racing mind and watched it as if it was a machine separate from my true self. The word that came to me to describe it was Liberation. I then felt I understood the word. My last experience was after contemplating that there is only this aware/knowing, but there is no actual self behind it and it is just pure aware, I felt as if everything, all my sensory inputs, became totally clear. Very dense with clearness. As if a filter was lifted.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

Seamist

Re: Newbie

Postby Seamist » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:26 pm

Hi,
I can guide you if you would like that
Sioned

KDJ

Postby KDJ » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:36 am

Hi Sioned,

Sorry for the late reply. I thought I would of received an email notification. I would very much like your guidance.

Kerry

Seamist

Postby Seamist » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:33 pm

Hi there,
I'm glad that you're still interested in this process!
The trick re notifications is to tick the little box at the bottom of your post which says "notify me when a reply is posted".

Some questions before we start:
Is now a good time for you to do this work?
Are you able to post at least once a day? (obviously there can be exceptions -I just ask that you let me know if you are unable to post for any particular reason - I will do the same myself.
and have you read the introductory blurbs on this site?

What would you like me to call you?
My name is Sioned

KDJ

Postby KDJ » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:35 pm

Hi Sioned,

Now is fine. I am in California, so a bit of a time difference, but I should not have a problem posting every day. I have read the introduction and have read through the mobile app. You can call me Kerry

Seamist

Postby Seamist » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:19 pm

HI Kerry,
All good! Let's begin!

Say this aloud to yourself three times:
There is no separate self at all in reality. No agent that is in charge, no manager, no watcher, no owner of life; all there is is life flowing freely as one movement.
Watch, wait, notice - what comes up? Is there fear? Is there a doubt? Resistance? Frustration? Something that wants to scream and make a turn away, something that says this is not working? Or maybe there is a feeling of wow, joy, relief?
Notice all that is going on inside and let me know what you find

x Sioned

KDJ

Postby KDJ » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:38 pm

Nothing really comes up besides it still seems like there is something more to be known. That quite knowing/aware presence, without the mind, seems to have some intelligence. I have an intellectual understanding and have had a small aha moment when realizing my separate self is just a thought, but I have not had an experiential realization.

Seamist

Postby Seamist » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:13 am

Any dear?

KDJ

Postby KDJ » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:49 pm

any dear? not following you.

Seamist

Postby Seamist » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:16 pm

Sorry - when I use my phone to post, gremlins creep in.

ANY FEAR?
x

KDJ

Postby KDJ » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:27 pm

lol.

No fear. I just kind of laughed when I had that aha moment. I now understand myself to be this biological robot with programming that has taking place since I was born. There is no chooser. However, who/what is it that realizes there is no self? Who/what is it that watches thougths? To my understanding it's prior to the mind, so one cannot think there way to knowing.

Seamist

Postby Seamist » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:29 pm

Great.
Let's look at your expectations next.
What do you expect that liberation is going to be like?
What do you want from it?

xx

KDJ

Postby KDJ » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:45 pm

I guess I except it to be like seeing the world with no filter of the mind and feeling the unity of everything.
What I want from it. Peace of mind, connection, and knowing Truth.

Seamist

Postby Seamist » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:39 am

Hi Kerry,
I guess I except it to be like seeing the world with no filter of the mind and feeling the unity of everything.
What I want from it. Peace of mind, connection, and knowing Truth.
ok, nothing wrong with that.
and
How do you imagine a liberated human behaves?
What should it be like?

x Sioned

KDJ

Postby KDJ » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:57 pm

i guess just waling with more peace, compassion and love. I am sure there will always be the residual of egoic habits and tendencies to arise, but one would be more aware and in the present moment.

I think It would be peaceful to the extent that you are not searching for the truth and yet not just caught up in the illusion and living in ignorance.

Return to “ARCHIVES”