I've been around a while..

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
DanaPham

I've been around a while..

Postby DanaPham » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:17 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
The part of me that I consider "me" might be true, I'm not sure. But I have many beliefs. I have a history. I have many opinions. I have many fears and desires. I'm thinking this part is not the real me. I'm thinking there's more. I believe there is a much greater connection to life than I currently experience.

What are you looking for at LU?
See above. I'm convinced there is more and maybe by participating in this process i can find out what it is. I have the time and the interest to do this now. I don't have any more information and am trying to fill in characters..

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
I expect a kind of inquiry into experience. I'm sorry but I don't have more to write here. I'm open and don't have any particular expectations about this process except that i expect it to be a positive experience in general.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
In 2005 I had a profound opening where I "got" and could "see" emptiness. However, that experience did not grow and eventually fell away. I describe my current experience as witness consciousness. Which means I can see the picture around the edges, but for whatever reason do not really pass through what you are calling the gate. I want to pass through this gate.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

Anastacia42

Re: I've been around a while..

Postby Anastacia42 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:09 pm

Hi Dana,

My name is Stacy & I can be your guide, if you would like. If so . . .

If you haven't already read the disclaimer, please read it now and just confirm to me that you have read it. Here is the link.

http://liberationunleashed.com/disclaimer-2/

Also please read “Liberation Unleashed is not …” in the FAQ’s of LU. Here is the link.

http://liberationunleashed.com/about/faq/#faq-1041

Some housekeeping guidelines:

1. Post at least once a day, or every second day. If you need more time, or are unable to post for several days, just write a quick post on your thread to let me know please.

2. There is no one judging answers given, so please be100% honest in your answers and inquiry.

3. This exploration is based on actual experience (AE) - smell, taste, sound, sensation, colour and observed thoughts. Long-winded analytical and philosophical answers are best avoided and may even hinder progress. This is not a self-improvement process. There is no ‘self’ to improve.

4. Put aside all other teachings, philosophies, rituals, practices, books/reading and so on for the remainder of this investigation. Really put all your effort and attention in to seeing this reality, as it is. If you have a daily meditation practice, it is fine to continue that but is not necessary for this exploration.

Technology is not perfect and sometimes there is a glitch which can wipe out your responses. It is advisable that you copy and paste questions asked into Word, answer them there and then copy and paste them to your thread. Always save a copy of what you have done, it will save time in the long run!

To begin with, so that we both become aware of what your expectations are about this exploration. In your own words (not from actual experience, but just honest answers), could you please answer the 4 following questions:

How will life change?
How will you change?
What will be different?
What is missing?

Throughout this exploration I would like you to answer all questions that I have written in blue text. Please answer questions individually, remembering to use the quote function to highlight the question being answered.

Much love
~ Stacy

"Not to know there is an alternative to being lost
in thought is to be a kind of prisoner."

~ Sam Harris

DanaPham

Postby DanaPham » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:13 pm

How will life change?
How will you change?
What will be different?
What is missing?

Hi Stacy, I've selected a blue font color, however I do not see any blue here.
How will life change: In regards to everyday life events, I would not expect any changes due to participation in this forum.

How will you change: I have no idea. But honestly I hope to have deep and lasting (permanent) changes due to awakening.What kind of changes? The end of dissociated consciousness would be #1. That is the place I hang out in my head and I judge as a separation from presence. #2...that would be love. Somewhere in this life there is love. I know because I have read about it in books. I don't mean romantic love, I mean ordinary love. God is supposed to be love. I would like to experience some of this and feel it in my myself and "get" it whatever it is.I'm pretty sure this is a birthright type of thing. Therefore the change i expect is to experience love as a natural experience. #3...I expect to left alone. This is all I'm going to say about this item. This is not really a change. This is more like what I feel right now. A better answer is: I expect that this feeling may resolve. I also expect that this "feeling of changing or changes" may resolve with awakening. It's an attitude that things should get better, not with awakening (a given) but in life! It's a heavy attitude...with a lot of bitterness mixed in it.

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:35 pm

Hi,

What would you like for me to call you? Dana?

You did not say whether you read the disclaimer or not?

Also please learn to use the Quote function instructions at the top of the form.

You do not need to reply in blue. The questions I would like you to answer will be in blue most of the time, but please answer them anyway if I forget.

It is essential that you read instructions very carefully and follow every one. Please re read the instructions above in the 1st post and let me know when you have done everything.

It's an attitude that things should get better, not with awakening (a given) but in life! It's a heavy attitude...with a lot of bitterness mixed in it.
We will take a look at this after you handle the rest of the original instructions.

Thank you,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

DanaPham

Postby DanaPham » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:55 am

What would you like for me to call you? Dana? ::Yes, Dana

You did not say whether you read the disclaimer or not?:: Yes, I have read it.

Also please learn to use the Quote function instructions at the top of the form.::Does not work. If I select a text and press the quotes button it pops me up to this page. But nothing else.

You do not need to reply in blue. The questions I would like you to answer will be in blue most of the time, but please answer them anyway if I forget.::Okay.

It is essential that you read instructions very carefully and follow every one. Please re read the instructions above in the 1st post and let me know when you have done everything.::Yes, I reviewed everything.

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:57 pm

Hi Dana
The quote function is working just fine. See?
Please review these instructions until you can do it. The more complex our posts get, the more we'll need this as you are asked to always quote what you're replying to.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=660&p=12593#p12593

Thank you!
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:55 pm

There is Peview button at the bottom of the posting window. Please use that to see if you got the Quote function. .
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

DanaPham

Postby DanaPham » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:46 pm

Okay, I think I have the hang of the quote process.
The video is required as this is a mutistep process.
I'd like to get some feedback regarding my answer of the first question before I move on. Answering the part two of the question kind of unloaded the kitchen sink of feelings and expectations, not of awakening, but of my life. Because I have awakened to some extent in the past I'm aware there is not a direct connection between my hopes and dreams and awakening. However, all these feelings arise due to the answering of the question and in fact are arising now.

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:06 am

Hi Dana

Yes, thank you for learning the quote function.
It's an attitude that things should get better, not with awakening (a given) but in life! It's a heavy attitude...with a lot of bitterness mixed in it.
There are 2 things that will get in your way in this inquiry process. One is fear. The other is expectations.

You may have read in some places that your life may actually fall apart and seem "worse." In fact, that is in our disclaimer. We do not know what will happen as you pass through the gate and see that there is no self.

Do you still want to continue? Do you want to try to put aside these expectations?

Don't worry; the instructions will help you with how to do that.

Much love,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

DanaPham

Postby DanaPham » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:15 am

Hello, I'm not troubled by fear or expectation. I'm actually asking if I need to delve into these heavy feelings to answer the question, or maybe better, just lay them aside. I realized I could probably write many many pages of feelings..a life time of feelings regarding what I expect from LIFE. And awakening happens in this life. If you don't have anything especially to say, I'll just continue as is..

DanaPham

Postby DanaPham » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:22 am

Do you still want to continue? Do you want to try to put aside these expectations?

I just saw that this is in blue. Yes, I want to continue. Yes, I will leave aside all expectations.

DanaPham

Postby DanaPham » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:29 am

How will life change?
How will you change?
What will be different?
I presume my recognition of awareness will increase.
What is missing?
In regards to awakening, I don't think anything is missing. If the question regards my life, i might say "God's love.

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:49 am

Hi Dana

These questions are asked only to get expectations out on the table. No need to delve into it any further just now. You'll see why soon.

Next question:

What comes up when is read that the is no self, never has been & there never will be?

Much love,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

DanaPham

Postby DanaPham » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:05 am

What comes up when is read that the is no self, never has been & there never will be?
Happiness!

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:58 am

Thank you.

This little exercise is the framework for everything we will do.

Colored Socks

There is a big difference between knowing that there is nothing to give up and seeing that there is nothing to give up.

Here is an example to illustrate the difference:

If I ask you what color socks you are wearing right now you have two ways to come up with an answer:

• You can think about it, you can think back to this morning and try to remember putting your socks on, and you can probably tell me what color you think they are.

• Alternatively, you can take a quick look at your socks and tell me what color they actually are!

Hopefully you would agree that you can only be 100% certain by looking.

For the purpose of seeing "no self" it is very important that you are clear about this difference. Knowing is about knowledge which is all in the mind and we are not interested in that.

We are only interested in looking at and seeing what is actually going on in your present moment-to-moment experience. We are only interested in your Direct Experience in the moment.

Please let me know if you are clear about this or if you would like any further clarification.

After you answer whether this is clear, I'll give you another to explore.

Much love,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Return to “THE GATE”