No comment, no conclusion

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Sara

Re: No comment, no conclusion

Postby Sara » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:13 am

Dear Adil,

Still feeling unwell on IV antibiotics from local hospital so will be in touch when I feel better.

Sending love Sarasuvanna

Sara

Postby Sara » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:36 am

1) Is there a separate entity 'self', 'me' 'I', at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form? Was
there ever?
2) Explain in detail what the illusion of separate self is, when it starts and how it works from
your own experience. Describe it fully as you see it now.
3) How does it feel to see this? What is the difference from before you started this dialogue?
Please report from the past few days.
4) What was the last bit that pushed you over; made you look?
5) Describe decision, intention, free will, choice and control. What makes things happen?
How does it work? What are you responsible for? Give examples from experience.
6) Anything to add?
Hello Adil, I am glad to be feeling quite a lot better now and resume this enquiry with you.

1. There is no separate entity, self, me, etc and never was.
2. The illusion of separate self feels very real and strong based on ME and MINE and I think it starts in very early years (i.e. a baby doesn't experience it like this). And then this mistake is taken for how things really are, that there is a separate me with everything else out there. This is illusory. Things are much more interconnected without that subject/object divide.
3. It feels freeing and a relief to see this. Things can be held more lightly with more perspective and at times more empathy and kindness is evident alongside the sense of interconnectedness.
The main difference is that although I still get caught up in stories from time to time, I can see them more clearly for what they are (thoughts, stories about "me" and "mine") and I don't believe them in the same way as I did before. They are not real.There Is just something happening and "I" don't need to be commenting on it all the time.
4. I think the realisation of no separate self has dawned slowly rather than being an "AHA!" moment although some experiences and some of the exercises as well as what Adil has written have helped me along. So for example, being in the grip of a strong emotional reaction and realising it is bodily sensation and thoughts and being able to drop the story of "me". Also some of the exercises such as who decides to raise the hand? And substituting different letters of the alphabet for "I" exposes the fallacy and how ridiculous the notion of "I" is. Adil pointing out that once you realise there's no Santa, you don't have to keep reminding yourself of the fact - you just know. When strong emotion is experienced, that helps me to turn towards my direct experience and look at who is the one experiencing those sensations.
5. How can I describe what doesn't in fact exist? Things just happen. I'm not responsible. The exercise about raising the hand from the table is an example of this.

Sending love, Sara.

adilerten

Postby adilerten » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:52 am

Thank you Sara.
I will present our dialogue to my guide friends and let you know if we missed something..

Love SenT!
Events happen, deeds are done, but there is no individual doer thereof."
Buddha

Sara

Postby Sara » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:02 am

Dear Adil,

I don't think I've heard back from you since that last post on 17 Oct and I'm assuming our work together is over. I just want to thank you for your help. Love Sara.

Return to “THE GATE”