BCH, step in please

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Garsius Tyla

BCH, step in please

Postby Garsius Tyla » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:32 pm

Let's talk about that.

BCH

Re: BCH, step in please

Postby BCH » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:23 pm

Let's do this.

Long time seeker, ready to see truth. I engaged several months ago on RT, wandered away, engaged with Elena recently and then she gave me this link. I love what's happening here and am grateful to you all for being here.

BCH

Postby BCH » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:28 pm

I've read all the threads on this forum the past few days and identify with them. What arises is differing emotions when I look at "there is no me anywhere in reality, zero", and I invite the emotions closer and ask them what they have to say, what message they have.

This gives a momentary pause in thought, peace, but not through the gate yet.

Garsius Tyla

Postby Garsius Tyla » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:56 pm

Good.
and I invite the emotions closer and ask them what they have to say, what message they have.
When you say that what "I" stand for, what is it. Take a look, and see what comes.

BCH

Postby BCH » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:34 pm

There is intention here and determination to see this, and lots of emotional work in the past to start facing feelings instead of running from them or subduing them.

The "I" is what I see as having that intention and determination.

And when I look for it, this thing called I, it's not anything I can put my finger on, or land my eyes on. It's the history of me...all the memories of the life experiences stored in the mental cabinet called I/Me/Mine. I'd point inside my head or neck or chest to show where the experience of the thoughts and feelings that feel like "Me" are but even as I type this it feels silly.

I see that I is a bucket of thoughts (and the most-frequently-thought thoughts are beliefs), and I know that thoughts can't think.

BCH

Postby BCH » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:41 pm

What I'm hoping to achieve or get by facing emotions and seeing the truth behind them is more ease in life. I spend half my waking time arguing with myself in some way. Should have. Could have. Would have. Wanting things to be different than they are.

BCH

Postby BCH » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:43 pm

I mean that I've spent so much time wanting life to be different, I'm now looking for the ease of taking it as it comes, which I seem to experience only occasionally and with many mental practices. So tiring!

Garsius Tyla

Postby Garsius Tyla » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:53 am

And when I look for it, this thing called I, it's not anything I can put my finger on, or land my eyes on. It's the history of me...all the memories of the life experiences stored in the mental cabinet called I/Me/Mine
Can "history of you" be that actual YOU?

Can those "memories of life experiences" be an actual YOU?

What are those memories, experiences, history as a FORM? Not CONTENT, but FORM?

Are those FORMS anything different than thoughts, which freely arise time to time?

Investigate this and write down what you see.

Garsius Tyla

Postby Garsius Tyla » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:57 am

I mean that I've spent so much time wanting life to be different, I'm now looking for the ease of taking it as it comes, which I seem to experience only occasionally and with many mental practices. So tiring!
You will have relief, when you will notice all experience that comes are FORMS, not CONTENT.

LOOK for yourself, how all that can be experienced are FORMS:

Thoughts
Feelings
Moods
Body
Wind
Pain
Table

LOOK

BCH

Postby BCH » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:05 pm

Yes I can see that form is all that is experienced, and mind does a lot of labeling and judging to decide what the content and meaning are of the experience.

No, history and memory are not an actual ME, and the arising forms of them are as shifting and changing as any other thought.

Body is form, pain is form, thought is form. I get that.

Garsius Tyla

Postby Garsius Tyla » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:01 pm

If
Body is form, pain is form, thought is form. I get that

Then what is left, that you could call "ME".

Check it.

BCH

Postby BCH » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:56 pm

What's left besides all the forms?

Nothing.

When I check, I see lots of thought forms I've called Me, and their associated feelings as they come and go. But watching them, I see that they're not really Me.

Garsius Tyla

Postby Garsius Tyla » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:03 pm

So just make that simple:

Do you exist in any FORM, or SHAPE?

BCH

Postby BCH » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:23 pm

No, I can't find me in any form or shape. Nothing I can point to or show.

Me is an assumption.

No big emotion when saying this but a little frustration that I can understand/believe it without knowing. Reading so many months on RT and other places, I've accepted this as the most likely truth. Haven't seen it for myself yet.

Garsius Tyla

Postby Garsius Tyla » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:39 pm

How you can see that, what not exist?

Look at your expectations about what liberation is. What are those as a FORMS?

Look at your frustration, invite it closer and just be a little with it as a good friend. What that frustration is after that looking?

Return to “THE GATE”