End of Story

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
adilerten

Re: End of Story

Postby adilerten » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:50 pm

Dear Lisa,

All real experience is Direct Experience. There is no Direct experience and ... other experiences.
There is no other tool that you can experience / label what is.

Direct experiences are labelled by thought.
You see things and thought labels them writes a story "oh it is a bird"
But isn't it simply "color ?"
You hear sound and thought writes a story "oh such a nice music"...but isnt it simply sound ?

Thought content writes stories "this happened..that happened...this was 5 years ago this will happen tomorrow."

isn't it simply thought..Arising in the now.

Can you be aware what thought says right now ?

As you saw thought content does not tell anything real about what is.. It is just a painted commentary of what is.

It is a memory thought. The content of memory thoughts are based on AE, no? Where does the content of thought come from? When the younger body was experienced it existed. Is not thought content derived from prior AE?

There is nothing called prior AE.
We looked at this on the "time" exercises that time does not exist. It is only thought creating an illusion to house all experience and all is happening in the now.
All is real is here and now.
The rest is thought content. Just ignore them..Let them be there without a belief..

Just focus on what is actually experienced here and now and you will see that these are all thought content.

Our labelling: "it is real, it happened, did not happen, it is not" does not change the fact that is is only a thought content..

If it is not simply a thought content then what is it ? A smell - color ?

Others tell me they experienced the same thing or have a similar memory

Isn't also "others telling you this and that...." another thought arising in the now..Where are they now or you are again
talking about a memory of them saying this or is this an imaginary future thought ?

What is the actual experience of others if there is no you ?

Just take a slow focused good look and tell me please

What is a 2 years old lisa in reality ?
Did she really ever existed ?
Events happen, deeds are done, but there is no individual doer thereof."
Buddha

Lankylisa

Postby Lankylisa » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:42 am

Adil,

not sure memories (thought content) have no basis in reality and that is partly because viewing time as real. It is very difficult to see how thought content is being created without the existence of time. Due to AE being "in-the-moment" there can never be AE of the past. The definition of AE excludes a past. How is it that something NOT actually experienced now mean that it was never experienced? Are all objects seen in the world an illusion?
Thought content writes stories "this happened..that happened...this was 5 years ago this will happen tomorrow.
isn't it simply thought..Arising in the now.
YES
Can you be aware what thought says right now ?
YES
We looked at this on the "time" exercises that time does not exist. It is only thought creating an illusion to house all experience and all is happening in the now.
Unable to see this
Isn't also "others telling you this and that...." another thought arising in the now..Where are they now or you are again
talking about a memory of them saying this or is this an imaginary future thought ?
Recalling a memory. It seems you are suggesting that cannot trust seeing of colors that "I" label as people/others to be real??
What is a 2 years old lisa in reality ?
2 year old list is thought content. Just cannot get past seeing validity in thought content...surely it has meaning
Did she really ever existed ?
2 year old lisa never existed to the extent that everything is temporary so people, objects do not exist. Even the concept of change is based on time. What is real? how can understanding and meaning happen without concepts/thinking? Living as a human the brain automatically interprets sense data, so it is unavoidable to prohibit conceptualization. Not sure there would be a sense of "being" without concepts such as time.

adilerten

Postby adilerten » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:43 pm

The definition of AE excludes a past. How is it that something NOT actually experienced now mean that it was never experienced? Are all objects seen in the world an illusion?

Are they real ? Are they illusion ?
As i said before. These are thought labels to what is..Have no meaning. World of worlds..
What is real here and now is actually experienced! Period!

What is "i" ? What is the actual experience of a self ?

Our main goal is looking for an "i" "self" and while looking and cannot finding this , we also come to seeing that thought content about "what is" is merely a story..as you say..illusion..

That's what all great sages talk about isn't it ? Illusion :)

As i said before you can go on believing to an imaginary past or an imaginary future and stories or LOOK for what is real here and now. And this looking will make you see that there is no separate self ever existed.. You as you know it as you say..
Is just an illusion..

Thought content.

thought is also a direct experience as a face value but its content is not.
The content of thought is more thoughts. Actually a thought is empty of content. Thought, in and of itself does not contain any actual experience.

Can you find an actual ‘fish’ in the word/thought/label ‘fish’? Can you find an actual “I” in the word/thought/label “I”?

Easy right ?

The thought “I still believe that I was a 2 year old kid" arises. So the thought is actual experience of thought. And other thoughts that arise with that thought, about that thought, are the content of that thought.

Unable to see this

That's ok.
But can you find an actual experience of time ?
no right ?
So does time exist ?
Where ? Can you show me ?

2 year old lisa never existed to the extent that everything is temporary so people, objects do not exist. Even the concept of change is based on time. What is real? how can understanding and meaning happen without concepts/thinking? Living as a human the brain automatically interprets sense data, so it is unavoidable to prohibit conceptualization. Not sure there would be a sense of "being" without concepts such as time.
Yes. without thought it is impossible to understand things.
We don't have any goal like bypassing the thought.
We just try to understand its structure in order to see that "i" is only a thought.

Ok ?

Sending much love :)
Buddha

Lankylisa

Postby Lankylisa » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:42 am

Adil I am going to take a break in our discussions. I am going to read others responses on this site and review our work this far. I'm hoping to regroup and will reach out again when prepared to resume. Thank you for your time.

adilerten

Postby adilerten » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:09 am

Adil I am going to take a break in our discussions. I am going to read others responses on this site and review our work this far. I'm hoping to regroup and will reach out again when prepared to resume. Thank you for your time.
Sure Lisa.
It is life's work :)
You can come back whenever you like to.

Sending much love
Buddha

Return to “THE GATE”