looking for a guide

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
godalfidog

looking for a guide

Postby godalfidog » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:00 am

I like someone that will help "me" demolish the illution of a separate self. Thank you!

Cam-RT

Re: looking for a guide

Postby Cam-RT » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:44 am

Hello and Welcome!

By what name do you prefer to be called?...You know, to make this a more "personal" conversation...

Now I do have one little rule...That when I ask you questions, that you answer with complete honesty...(This process is ultimately for your benefit in the end, your focus and commitment to this, is key in it's completion.)

One more important thing to ask is, that whatever teachings, beliefs or spiritual practices, you have acquired along your journey till now; Please put them aside until this process is over. They are of no use here...You can revisit them later if you wish...Thank You!

Okay first question...

What comes up when I say..."There is no separate entity "Self" in real life at all??
The illusion isn't destroyed...Just seen for what it 'Is'
Thoughts vs. Reality----->Reality always wins.
"Have courage...Don't give up!!"

http://cam-rt.blogspot.com

godalfidog

Postby godalfidog » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:04 am

Hi Cam-RT, thank you for been my guide.
I My name is Alfredo.
I know that there is not a separate self, but knowing it and living it is two very different things.
For example, 55 minutes ago, when I saw your post, I was in full bliss, because you confirm that there was not separate self, and now I would have a guide helping me, but about five minutes ago, I got into an argument with my 12-year-old daughter and right after the argument, I get into another one with my wife, because she reminded me, that the “I” was not real, which I tool her in the first place. How come even though, I know is not real I continue to get involve in the story?

Cam-RT

Postby Cam-RT » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:10 pm

Good morning Alfredo...

I'm sorry to hear about your family...You know what they say, Before Enlightenment--chop wood carry water, After Enlightenment--chop wood carry water... ;^)

It's difficult when you have children...Drama requires conflict, no conflict, no drama...yet kids always push the boundaries...

Just one more question before we get going...

What expectations do you have from becoming Enlightened?

godalfidog

Postby godalfidog » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:35 pm

Good morning Cam-RT

"I" expect not to be a person any more, not to believe in thoughts that arise in the head, not to believe in beliefs, and to be able to see through the thought form and feelings, without getting involve in the story or becoming overwhelm by the sensations in the body.

Cam-RT

Postby Cam-RT » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:14 am

Well Alfredo, you hit all the right points except for not being a person..

It's Okay, you'll continue to be Alfredo... just without all that mental / physical baggage, free to live life to the fullest, love and enjoy the beauty that life has to give... :^)

Now we're going to address how thoughts and feelings coincide within the body and how the body will help guide you to finding and seeing the "Self" as it really is...

The mind, in addition to being an incredible processing and storage device, is also a labeling machine that labels experience as soon as perception happens.

Here's how it occurs...

Thought triggers feeling, feeling gets labeled---New trigger---Feeling gets more intense ---More labels--->Vicious feedback loop...

This is what go's on endlessly when " I " is at the centre...

Now I want you to think of a uncomfortable thought...(The more negative the better.) Pick a couple that really bug you...You know those ones that reoccur? Ya those...

Do you feel how the body reacts when these thoughts are revisited??

Now, let's take this a step further...When you feel the body react, bring this thought up close, look...(with "laser focus") deep inside and behind this thought...

What do you see??

godalfidog

Postby godalfidog » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:52 am

Hi Cam-RT

I know, that thoughts trigger feelings, but what escaped me was, the knowledge that feelings get label...New trigger
Vicious circle. Thanks really good to know.

I'm thinking some thoughts that made me furious yesterday, first the body tenses, the body get hot, teeth clinch.
Now the closer I see this thought, it dissolves it disappear, I find it hard to hold on to the thought.
There is nothing to see any more.

God bless

Cam-RT

Postby Cam-RT » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:11 am

That turned out very well, Alfredo...

It's that physical connection that we are going to focus on and practice; Remember the body doesn't lie...When the body feels threatened it will react to protect itself...Same as if someone was to threaten to "hit" you and the reflex that follows to protect the body.... You'll notice the same reaction or "connection" with other negative thoughts,like
Frustration, sadness, depression, impatients, etc...

I do find what you wrote here interesting...Keep trying to get up close and get a better look...
I find it hard to hold on to the thought.There is nothing to see any more.
Was, " There is nothing to see any more." meaning you stopped looking?.. or you saw "Nothing"??

godalfidog

Postby godalfidog » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:02 am

Hi Cam-RT

To answer your question : What do you see?

Nothing!

godalfidog

Postby godalfidog » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:10 am

Hi Cam-RT

I saw nothing, it was relaxing, there was nothing
Sorry trying my best, but nothing else to say.

Cam-RT

Postby Cam-RT » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:54 pm

Yes!! You hit the bullseye!!!

Beautiful Alfredo!! Great work!

Exactly... what's behind these Thoughts is NOTHING...:^)

It's taken almost a life time to build this "construct" ("The I or Self") so you've got some work to do.
The problem is that 'The I or Self" is very cunning, It doesn't want to be found for what 'it' is. And it has alot on it's side, let's face it we use it every day as a construct of our language!!

I have some other clients that see these thoughts like "empty eggs or bubbles"...So here's what I want you to do.

To make this a bit more interesting, We're gonna make this a game... 

When your out and about and you feel these feelings pop up take a 'step back' (mentally) and take a second look. Look straight through it see it for what it is. (nothing) and move on...
Practice this in "real time"....

Then When you get some time to yourself, we need to "clean house"...This is the part you need to be thorough, think of your mind kinda like an 'attic' and it's full of boxes. you need to go through all the boxes open them up dump all the 'shit' out,( when you get those uneasy feelings) look at it, see it for what 'it' is "crush it", or 'pop it' then move on.

Pardon all the metaphors, but don't let any stone go unturned! "the self" will keep moving around. You need to catch "the general", you might look right at it and miss it ...Don't worry you'll eventually come full circle and get'em later.

This takes practice, and repetition. as time go's by you'll feel these feelings subside.

I need you to check in though, and tell me how you're doing we need to confirm your progress and ask some confirmation questions to see if (and when) the process is done. 

Happy Hunting :^)   Cam-RT.

godalfidog

Postby godalfidog » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:17 pm

Good morning Cam-RT

Sorry I'am so late, but is was a hell of a day, which it was great because I got to practice a lot in "real time"...

It really was incredible for the first 3 hours, and even do my 12 years old daughter, didn't wan't to go to school and finally didn't, and she also got into an argument with her mum. It was horrible and I hate this situation but, I was alright which is surprising, because I can easily get into the movie when it comes to my wife and daughter. Was I in denial,? or did it really happen?

Thanks Cam-RT for all your help

Cam-RT

Postby Cam-RT » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:09 pm

Goodmorning to you! Alfredo...

No worries when It comes to checking in, each person is different in how they progress thru this process...i'm here for you, progress or not...Plus, we all get busy and have trouble getting time to ourselfs, It's hard sometimes...
I can easily get into the movie when it comes to my wife and daughter. Was I in denial,? or did it really happen?
Be careful reality is a bitch...It can slap you down...Yet, yes seeing thru the B.S. and the drama and keeping it real helps when it comes to dealing with those around you...go with your "Gut"...Remember to step back "mentally" take a deep breath, and take a quick "look" before you react...ask your self "what's behind this physical connection?"....again like you said..."NOTHiNG".

Just a quick quote before I go...

Enlightenment doesn't require knowledge...It's not about love or compassion or     
consciousness...It's about TRUTH...

Take Care...Cam-RT.

godalfidog

Postby godalfidog » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:59 am

Good day...Cam RT

It's always great to hear from you, first I like to thank you for all your help, it means everything to me.

I'm glad that you are here for me, progress or not, it is a relief.

I understand what you said about TRUTH...to see things as they are, not as I think they are or as I think they should be, but just what is.
How come same times is easy to stay neutral, and other times even though, I know I'm not an I", I fak up, is like I constantly forget that I'am not, it's crazy I put little sings all over the office and my bedroom to remind "me" that I" don't exist, things like "it can not be any other way than it is" or "there is no self' or "there is no entity, no doer, no thinker, just life happening", and many more sings like that, who am I" trying to convince?

Some times I'm in the office at home, with all this little signs, reminding me, that there is no me", wife gets in, we talk for a bit and there I'am 100% "me", what's up with that, I just finish realising, that there is no "me", why do I" continue?
WAIT! This is when I'm suppose to "step back" (mentally) and take a second look. Sometimes I see it, but something doesn't want to let it go it's so strong.

Thank you Cam RT

Cam-RT

Postby Cam-RT » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:29 pm

Hello Alfredo...

Here's another little quote...

"There is no " I " just the suits or faces or roles one must play to keep from freaking people out..."

Yes, we as the "Enlightened" walk among those that are still "asleep"...and at the same time we must be careful about who it is that we share this with AND... Be sensitive to those who don't understand what it's like to be Awake...
who am I" trying to convince?---Some times I'm in the office at home, with all this little signs, reminding me, that there is no me"
One of the signs, or at least things to keep in mind is..."Who is I ? "
Your practicing to break the habit of the "ILLUSION" or the thought construct of " I "...

The body exists, The mind exists, ( at least until we die...) but thoughts have no mass and don't exist in this realm....
wife gets in, we talk for a bit and there I'am 100% "me", what's up with that, I just finish realising, that there is no "me", why do I" continue?
WAIT! This is when I'm suppose to "step back" (mentally) and take a second look. Sometimes I see it, but something doesn't want to let it go it's so strong.
Ahhh! What that something " IS ". Is in fact the Self... And it will be strong until you begin to see it fully as " it is"...
All these years it has "woven" it's way throughout your mind and scattered itself around where you will find, that using the thought/ feeling connection will guide you... Practiceing this will built the " habit " in seeing " The Truth "...

Keep up the good work... oh yeah...one more quote before I go...

Neither holy or wise..we are just ordinary people who have completed "The Work"...

Take Care....Cam-RT. :^)

Return to “THE GATE”