Ready for liberation

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
smalkapuram

Re: Ready for liberation

Postby smalkapuram » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:39 pm

Hi C,
Would you prefer not to feel like that? We can say that the feeling of being a separate entity has more than one function in our relation with the world. Example: it is very likely that you would not run to avoid a speeding car if the feeling wasn't there.
I would prefer to not feel such a strong separation. people who have realized they are not separate still get to function properly in this world. the cause of all suffering is this separate entity feeling. so i would love to feel unity. i may not hurt people or feel hurt by people in that case.
Can you have a closer look at that feeling? Is it more than a bunch of fluttering sensations that sometimes seem to be linked to a story that seems to make things personal? Is the feeling a feeling or is it connected to the existence of a real you?
all you say is true. i see another body, i hear words coming from the mouth of the other body. i feel reactions, sensations and thoughts in response to those words. all this is interpreted as me listening to something i like or dislike from a different person who is that other body with a mind.
even without any of such interpretations, when i am doing nothing, there is a feeling of me, though it feels much more vague.
What would you hope would happen?
i can see that i cannot find something tangible called me. but it seems to not make an impact. sometimes when i read or listen to certain things, there is a feeling of it sinking in, and causing a change that is impactful.
what do i hope will happen?
if it actually sinks in that there is no separate entity called me, i will accept what is happening and not suffer. i will not consider others as separate and not get hurt/hurt them.
well, you might say if there is no one to accept or suffer/not suffer, how will this happen? i dont know. i am just fed up with this small self just making my life miserable.

Regards
S

Canfora

Postby Canfora » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:04 pm

Hi S,

You seem to have a lot of expectations. I can't remember if you have already read "LU is not..."? Please read it again and share your thoughts about it: https://www.liberationunleashed.com/about/faq/#faq-1041
i am just fed up with this small self just making my life miserable.
Which small self? You are talking like there is you and there is a self. How do you know this is accurate? What is this "i" you mention? And what is "this small me"? How do you know they exist? What are the evidences that you can find about their existence? If I was there with you, what would you show me as a proof of their existence? What can you find that shows that what you're saying is true? Have a look. Do you see them?

Take care,
C

smalkapuram

Postby smalkapuram » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:07 pm

Hi C,
You seem to have a lot of expectations. I can't remember if you have already read "LU is not..."?
yes, i forgot about these guidelines and clarifications. i did read them when i joined.

its easy to say, yes, i am doing this exercise for the pure joy of knowledge. but someone with such a pure intention would have come to the truth by now.
i do feel i have expectations that my life will get better, but not completely with this exercise. well, i accept that this is the first step to getting there. i don't expect this exercise to get me there. this first step to see that there is no self will give me a fresh perspective.

well, i am looking and not finding a self. its creepy i see a body move, but who is moving it? i don't know. i used to think that it was me.
I am still attached to my body. i still feel that maybe it is a part of me.

the fact that i do not see anything called me is not sinking in!

this is frustrating.

Regards
S

Canfora

Postby Canfora » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:31 pm

Hi S,

Is there a difference between seeing that there isn't a cat in the room and there isn't a self in the room? Is sinking in needed?

Take care,
C

smalkapuram

Postby smalkapuram » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:55 pm

Hi C,

So, i still feel that maybe the me that is there is a composite of my body and my thoughts and emotions. i can see them all. why should i not be a composite of these dynamic parts?

Regards
S

Canfora

Postby Canfora » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:29 pm

Hi S,

Are you saying that you are something that you can see? Does that mean you are also the screen that is in front of you? Or what you can see when you look around you? How can you be something that you can see?

Take care,
C

smalkapuram

Postby smalkapuram » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:53 pm

Hi C,

How can you be something that you can see?
if i cannot be something i can see, how can i say that just because i dont see, there is no me?
i am sorry if this sounds like an academic point, but this is crucial to understand. if i can never see me, then how can i say whether i am there or not?

Regards
S

Canfora

Postby Canfora » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:39 pm

Hi S,

Don't try to understand before noticing what's going on.
First perceive, look, smell, hear, focus in the senses.
Then you can start to understand.
You can't understand France before you go there. Same here.
First have a look and notice the difference between what you think you are and what is here.
You obviously are. Does what you are have a location, a size, a form? Is it a separate self? Is what you are something that can be seen or is it more the awareness of the seeing, of thoughts, of senses, etc? Are any of the objects that you may think are you - body, senses, feelings, emotions, thoughts, the sense of being a self - a real self?
What do you find when you look for a self?

Take care,
C

smalkapuram

Postby smalkapuram » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:52 pm

Hi C,
First have a look and notice the difference between what you think you are and what is here.
I try to look in various ways. I cannot see or feel a concrete "me" except for a feeling of me-ness. The feeling of being a separate me persists.

I dont know what else to do.

My mind chatters on, regardless.

Regards
S

Canfora

Postby Canfora » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:13 pm

Hi S,
The feeling of being a separate me persists.
That's normal. Do you expect this feeling to disappear? Why would it disappear?

Is mind your mind? If you can't find a me, does mind have a owner? Is there something that makes it yours?

Take care,
C

smalkapuram

Postby smalkapuram » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:42 pm

Dear C,

I was thinking about what you have written.
That's normal. Do you expect this feeling to disappear? Why would it disappear?

Is mind your mind? If you can't find a me, does mind have a owner? Is there something that makes it yours?
I thought that once i realize that there is no tangible self, the feeling of separateness would be lowered at least.

my thoughts cannot be known by anyone but me, and they originate in the mind. maybe that is why i think it is my mind. i dont know what would make it mine if i cannot find a me.

I am confused and not a little frustrated. I seem to have stalled.

Regards
S

Canfora

Postby Canfora » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:43 pm

Dear S,

It feels some feelings, sensations, thoughts are more personal than others. Sure. And they may create the illusion that you are a separate self. To notice the illusion you have to look to what is going on and check if the you that seems to exist in the thoughts content also exists "outside" those same thoughts, the same way you can check, for example, if Santa Claus exists outside thoughts. But, knowing that an illusion is an illusion will not make it stop. When the "right" conditions are in place, the illusion appears. Do you understand that some thoughts don't have a match in real life, that things like The Equator, a University or Asia are words that aren't connected to real things?

When you say you seem to have stalled what do you mean? What seems to be keeping you stuck?

Take care,
C

Return to “THE GATE”