End or Beginning?

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
DiaKashkari

End or Beginning?

Postby DiaKashkari » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:07 pm

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
I think I understand conceptually that there is no real self, its just a series of organised thoughts that gives an appearance of a self but I do not experience this in daily life. I still feel strongly as if I am a separate individual and not a flow of life as a whole.

What are you looking for at LU?
I am hoping to experience this "No-self" for real and not just conceptually. I think I get all that has been said conceptually and that essentially we only believe we are separate and these are thoughts and not a reality but I have not experienced this as yet, I don't really know it in my bones, its not the truth of my life and I would like it to be. I don't think enlightenment is some kind of fancy euphoric haze but I know that whatever it is, I'm not there yet.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
I am hoping for someone to help me disconnect from my thought stream and help me experience no-self as a reality. I would like to get exercises that can help me disconnect from thought stream and go deep into the knowing of no-self.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
I've been seeking answers for as long as I can remember. I always have a lingering feeling of not really belonging, as if a part of me has always been dissatisfied and longing for some sort of unity. I know it is there but it just seems close yet out of my reach at all times.
I've done meditation, yoga and read many spiritual books, have had periods of deep peace and present moment awareness but I always seem to return to mind based, thought dominated living.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self? 11

forgetmenot

Re: End or Beginning?

Postby forgetmenot » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:56 am

Hi DiaKashkari

My name is Kay and I am happy to assist you in exploring the illusion of the separate self. My role is to point, but it is up to you to do the looking as you have to see what is being pointed at for yourself; that is why we are described as guides and not teachers. This is not about discovering what you are; it is about challenging concepts and beliefs so as to see and realise what you thought you are, is not as it is thought to be.

If you haven't already read the disclaimer, please read it now. Here is the link.

http://liberationunleashed.com/disclaimer-2/

Also please read “Liberation Unleashed is not …” in the FAQ’s of LU. Here is the link.

http://liberationunleashed.com/about/faq/#faq-1041

Please learn to use the quote function. When replying to a question, please use the quote function to highlight the question being answered. Instructions are located in the link below:

https://www.liberationunleashed.com/nat ... ?f=4&t=660

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fAToDNh9hQ&app=desktop

Just let me know that you have read the disclaimer and the other above links and we can then get this party started! :)

With love, Kay
Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists.

DiaKashkari

Postby DiaKashkari » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:00 pm

Hello Kay,

Thank you for your reply. I can confirm that I have read and understood the contents of the links provided. I am ready to be guided.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards,

Claudia

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:16 pm

Hi Claudia,

Thank you for reading the links and the the disclaimer.

Some housekeeping guidelines:-
1. Post at least once a day, or every second day. If you need more time, or are unable to post for several days, just write a quick post on your thread to let me know please.

2. There is no one judging answers given, so please be100% honest in your answers and inquiry.

3. ANSWER ONLY FROM ACTUAL EXPERIENCE (smell, taste, sound, sensation, colour and observed thoughts). Long-winded analytical and philosophical answers are best avoided and may even hinder progress. This is not a self-improvement process.

4. Put aside all other teachings, philosophies, rituals, practices, books/reading and so on for the remainder of this investigation. Really put all your effort and attention in to seeing this reality, as it is. If you have a daily meditation practice, it is fine to continue that but is not necessary for this exploration.

To begin with, so that we both become aware of what your expectations are about this exploration, could you please answer the 4 following questions:

How will life change?
How will you change?
What will be different?
What is missing?

Throughout this exploration I would like you to answer all questions that I have written in blue text. Please answer questions individually, remembering to use the quote function to highlight the question being answered.

With love, Kay

DiaKashkari

Postby DiaKashkari » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:40 am

Hi Kay,

Thank you for your reply, I agree to all the above points and will reply daily. I am not doing any other spiritual practice so there is nothing to put aside at present.
How will life change?
I dont suppose it will, the disclaimer made that pretty clear.
How will you change?
I won't. Everything will go on as usual.
What will be different?
Again nothing.
What is missing?
I want to say 'nothing' but that won't be true. The feeling within - and at the moment this is nearly a continuous, intense feeling - of something fundamental being missing. I do not experience this underlying unity, the one life, and its impossible to disassociate from thoughts. The thought stream always takes over and sucks me in.

I look forward to your reply.

Warm regards,

Anna

DiaKashkari

Postby DiaKashkari » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:46 am

I just noticed I signed off as Anna (its my middle name and my mom always calls me Anna) for everyone else I'm Claudia. This has literally never happened before.

Regards,

Claudia

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:53 am

Hello Claudia/Anna,

It seems that you have already been through the gate under the username of Smerfie. We ask that people who have already gated NOT to come through the gate a second time, and NOT to open another account. By so doing you leave people who are in a queue, and who have not gated at a disadvantage as they are waiting on guides.

As you have already gated then you are welcome to start a thread in the Further Investigation forum, where a guide will answer when there is a guide free.

https://www.liberationunleashed.com/nat ... m.php?f=36

The DiaKashkari account will be deleted.

Love, Kay

Return to “THE GATE”