Pointers

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Wotto67

Pointers

Postby Wotto67 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:03 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
Hi this says to me there is no me ,lam that and that is everything and everywhere that my mind tricks me in to wanting to believe in this illusion of my life and this is like a movie playing itself out it can only be what it can b that is purely just that an illusion.There is no separate me lam everything and nothing ,that all this is just energy.

What are you looking for at LU?
Myself lam looking to understand the path that lam on in a more spiritual way ,l have some experience of meditation which l find really helpful and l would really like to explore this more if possible it would be good to be connected to people who could point me in the right direction.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
I have no expectations l hope to get pointers that will help in my realisation.l should hope that this will then lead me onto a journey of non self discovery that would help me to spiritually become one with that,that is the source of everything.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
I only have some basic meditation practice.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

Ben2

Re: Pointers

Postby Ben2 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:35 am

Hi Pointers

My name's Ben and I'm happy to be your guide.

It's all about LOOKING. We're not paying attention to the content of thought anymore. No more stories. I'll just POINT you where to LOOK, and as long as you look thoughtlessly in the right places, and with enough intent, the illusion will lift.

So have a look for me now. You say, “I am looking to understand the path that I am on in a more spiritual way...”

To what does this “I” point?

LOOK at your direct, immediate experience and let me know what you see.

Ben
"Truth is infinitely simple, delusion is infinitely complex."

Wotto67

Postby Wotto67 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:18 pm

Hi Ben thanks for agreeing to help,l have taken some time to consider this and glad to say that the l that was talked about was me in separation at that point the l was still struggling to realize that all there is ,is life happening in this moment that l somehow believed there was a deeper level to be attained, there was still some attachment to wanting to believe something was missing and there is nothing missing.The simplicity of all of this is ,its all here now but the mind doesn't want to except this it keeps wanting to throw thoughts at you ,emotions but it's really simple just let them come and go there only visitors and as such they do not drive or hinder anymore ,there allowed to come and go the mind is just a passenger now it's so simple there is no more searching with this realisation there's an awareness that what has happened can not be talked about there are no words to describe this only concisness no more self ,thankyou

Ben2

Postby Ben2 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:48 am

HI Pointers

Thats great to hear.

Is there a separate YOU anywhere to be found in present experience?

Have a LOOK, thoughtlessly, and tell me what you find.

Ben

Wotto67

Postby Wotto67 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:32 pm

Hi Ben ,thoughtlessly there is only the now no past no future ,there is no concept of time there is no longer an l any where the realisation is that the l ,was only placed there by the mind this has been transcended now.The mind doesn't like it ,everything appears different now ,l sense the spaces now and know that everthing is made of all the same stuff what is seen ,what is not seen the good the bad it's all needed its a complete wholeness nondulality.the l is just the ego no longer the master

Ben2

Postby Ben2 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:35 am

Okay great, thanks for your detailed answer.

What I’d like to do now is give you some final questions, this will allow us to see where you’re at. Try to answer as honestly and simply as you can.

1) Is there a separate entity 'self', 'me' 'I', at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form? Was there ever?

2) Explain in detail what the illusion of separate self is, when it starts and how it works from your own experience. Describe it fully as you see it now.

3) How does it feel to see this? What is the difference from before you started this dialogue? Please report from the past few days.

4) What was the last bit that pushed you over, made you look?

5) Can you talk about decision, intention, free will, choice and control? What makes things happen? How does it work? What are you responsible for? Give examples from experience.

6) Anything to add?

Let me know if you have any further questions or there’s something more you’d like to explore.

Ben

Wotto67

Postby Wotto67 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:53 pm

Hi Ben hope you are well,,l have given the pointers you gave me some consideration and will be as honest as possible.
I can now say l don't see me a separate entity ,anymore the thought that l was is generated by my mind which is only ego the realisation now that l never was separate from anything it never needed to be found it was there all the time ,it never left.
The separate self is that ego that believes things happen for a reason as opposed to realising the truth is things just happen like me suiting here now it's life just happening in this moment.The separate self will always believe that there's a reason for the suffering ,the misery ,joy but these are just emotions they have no substance when you come to realise this ,these feelings are aloud to come and go there just visitors.Self seperation occurs at a very young age ,thats why its ddifficult for a lot of us in western culture to get to a point where awareness is felt,we self seperate because somehow we see ourselves as individuals thats when the ego starts to get involved because the brain doesnt like the fact that one day its going to die and thats just to bad isnt it it wants to grab onto anything it can ,as that enforces itself ,that theres nothing more important than self .However once awareness is realised things will never be seen that way again.Iam not sure what actually occurred or happened to push me over the edge ,it's like coming out of a dream for several weeks things that had bugged me or stressed me out before ,didn't it was like ld been carrying a heavy load and these things just started falling away there was a an awareness that they really just werent of any importance anymore.I can talk about decisions ,free will choice control what makes things happen these are things you have asked me responsibility was another these things are all ready determined it's the cosmos watching itself through these eyes there are all of those things but there all impartial they are neither negative or positive it's all a loop it all comes back to being present it's the here and now it's all there ever was and all there will ever be .In the concisness of this we don't even exist ,after all when we leave these body's behind there will only be that pure state of conciosness what we were before we were born.I have meditated for some time now and really like this but l know l didn't wake up to all of this by meditating alone but sure it did help there's still things that annoy me ,wind me up but these little things just pass through now they don't stay with the ego for any time .The main differences that l had before this things that annoyed me would fester in the mind all fuelled by the ego ,l would concentrate on objects and only see the objects now l see it all ,all of it for what it is l see the spaces now because without the spaces how could l see the objects there all one complete.
Ben ,have kept this as honest as l can let me know what you think
Regards Mark

Ben2

Postby Ben2 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:54 am

Hi Mark

Thanks for your detailed descriptions and honesty. It all sounds good to me, I'll ask the admins to add you to the Facebook group.

Did you have any further questions for me?

Ben

Ben2

Postby Ben2 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:39 pm

Hi Mark

One of the other guides have requested I ask some further questions to clarify, these may be helpful for yourself as well.

What can the ego do? Can it believe anything?
Can it feel, do, or think?

Write to me about ego in your own words, and talk about it’s function.

Thanks

Wotto67

Postby Wotto67 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:23 pm

Hi Ben ,hope you are well,the thing with the ego is ,it's all in the mind ,the ego wants you to believe that you cant survive without it The ego wants you to believe that you won't function without it but we will ,ego causes us to have perceptions of ourselves and others concepts that are all emotion or projections based on our own concepts.There not real they don't exist they never did,they are all concepts of our own ego.
Once this is stripped away all that is left is the awareness of life in the here and now being in the present,prior to beingness where was the ego,there was no ego ,no concepts there was only concisness pure and complete.
The ego wants to believe that there is a separate self ,it really is not happy as it's no longer in charge once you transcend this all that is left is awareness ,complete awareness there is just life happening.
Let go of the ego leave all preconceptions behind it leaves you free to understand to learn ,accept what is to see the truth
Once all of this is realised we come back to the loop ,l am God and so is everybody and everything the ultimate truth,there is no need to follow masters ,religions,gods it's with in us all ,it always was that's the funny thing it always has been it just took some time to find it.

Ben2

Postby Ben2 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:22 am

Hi Mark

Thanks for your honest reponses.

When you describe the ego, what are you describing exactly?

You refer to the ego like it’s a thing. Is the ego a thing? Can it do anything?

Thanks

Ben

Wotto67

Postby Wotto67 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:35 pm

Hi Ben ,ego is nothing ,it's not real when ego is talked about it is the very thing that separates us from what we really are and it's not what we thought we were.It contains all our preseptions of what we believed ,these are founded on things we have been taught to us since we were children things taughtof good ,bad ,sad ,happy right wrong none of this is real it all just life happening and it is all contained in the ego ,please understand words can not describe what we are there are no words it's purely for the sake of discussion.Egos contain all our hopes and fears ,once you can transcend this ,the realization is these are only feelings ,like emotions so they come and go there now only visitors in the mind.Everything that's assumed is done so because of the ego ,on understanding this the mind can let all of these feelings ,emotions come and go the ego doesnt want this to happèn it needs these to feed it ,to make it feel that its needed when the ego is in control it wants to make judgements about everything ,people ,events ,situations ideologys ,religions everything once the ego starts loosing its hold whats found is there is no judgement ,there is just the acceptance that all of this is just life happening in the here and now the ego wants to look behind in your past ,it wants to worry about your future as now seen there is only now.When you live in the present the ego is there ,but it's not in charge it can't feed ,there's nothing to feed on .once the ego is excepted for what it is ,there's no self only wholeness thats inside all of us and everything l understand now that in this life's happening it's all illusionary l don't do a job ,it's a job getting done because lam not here ,neither are you we are all having a spiritual experience in a human body it's purely the fact that many people have got lost ,they see themselves as separate, which causes problems ,if everyone could just awaken that ,how good could we be then,don't get me wrong and please don't get hung up on these words as with everthing it is just life happening .The ego wants to hold onto the body because it needs to feel that attachment it wants to hold on ,when once there's realisation you need to leave this body that's why l now look on death as a happy event ,nobody should be mourned we should all be having a celebration life should be celebrated in the western world we have completely the wrong ideas about this,again don't misunderstand l don't want to die but it will happen l just look at it differently now ,l have family ,l have a good ,l have bills to pay exactly the same as most people but l understand it's illusionary lam happy to do my duty l love my family and now l love life it's seen for what it is..Take care Ben

Ben2

Postby Ben2 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:07 am

HI Mark

Great work, admin has confirmed what you already know to be true and will contact your shortly. They will add you to various Facebook groups where you can connect to others who are going through the post-gate process.

I’m always here if you want to look deeper, just contact me and let me know.

All the best

Ben

Return to “ARCHIVES”