I

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
springwater

I

Postby springwater » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:53 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
I understand this to mean that there is no little me inside this body. I have experienced this once - that I was not just my body...that everything was me. "I" was all. There was only "I". The little me that I think I am and the "I" that includes all..is the same looking...just a mix-up in identity.

What are you looking for at LU?
I would like to break the ideas that hold me fixated on the world for peace and happiness. I would like assistance in holding strong to an inward turn to the truth of who I am instead of looking outward. I know I am reaching outward now...I need help with that

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
I would like strong guidance to clarity. I would like help to break, once and for all, the mind's belief in little me. I would like straight-forward clear guidance...help where I'm getting tripped up.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
Years back I had an experience seeing all as me for several days. Since then I read Nisargadatta, Ramana Maharshi, Robert Adams, Adyashanti and others...watch youtube talks. I have been to meditation retreats, done some online courses and been to dharma groups.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?:

b0dhi

Re: I

Postby b0dhi » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:54 am

Hey there Springwater. What a cool name!!

I'm a guide here at LU and happy to have a conversation with you.

Let me know when you are ready to begin. Also what name can I refer to you by?

Welcome and warm regards

Bodhi
Bodhi

Nothingness dances to an unhearable song

springwater

Postby springwater » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:59 am

Hello Bohdi,

Happy to get your note. Please call me....I

only as an experiment because that feels right right now.. because I feel this intimacy with "I" - the unchanging intimate boundless unknown. I don't know what else I would name it

so "I" is good. thanks for asking.... maybe it'll change
I know I am also this body and it's name...but let's start with this...maybe it'll be too weird...

Thanks so much Bodhi!
I

springwater

Postby springwater » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:04 am

*I don't know what else I'd name I
:)
what's naming this I?
it's only I, I guess

springwater

Postby springwater » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:24 am

yes, ready! :)

b0dhi

Postby b0dhi » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:47 pm

So I, you wish that I refer to you as I?

I am a little unsure of how that will play out. What does I make of it? You there, I? I don't know if I will be able to keep from confusing I with I.

:D

Don't mind me, just having some fun. If you would like to be known as "I" then I feel that is perfectly fine by me, as long as I is fine with it too.

After all "I" is also just a letter, a name, a pointer. What is it that "I" points to, I?
Bodhi

springwater

Postby springwater » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:54 pm

Hi Bodhi, thank you

Yes, let's stay with that for now...it helps me explore "I" and not my identity as something
What is it that "I" points to, I?
"I" points to the intimate unknown unnameable that I've always known. It is peculiar that it is indescribable yet known and familiar.

It is a little confusing...but...is the "I" that is the boundless indescribable the same "I" that I refer to as myself all day long...that everyone refers to?

I'm going to explore this at work today...

springwater

Postby springwater » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:49 am

what I saw is the I is focused on the body and it's needs.

there isn't a focus on the unchangeable in the environment that I am in

which makes me want to be in an environment that focuses on the unchangeable indescribable silence

I get distracted...what get's distracted....

enchanted with the things of this world...it's spring

I am getting confused...I feel this is good in a way...because I am looking

who/what am i is what Ramana Maharshi recommended

it's a big unknown...

but I am perplexed...intrigued with the mis-identity of I

I as this identity...trying to be something...trying to get approval on a regular daily basis...so much energy

I have seen the other way,..the other perspective...no need...wow.

b0dhi

Postby b0dhi » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:49 am

Hi I

And here's the real deal:
It is a little confusing...but...is the "I" that is the boundless indescribable the same "I" that I refer to as myself all day long...that everyone refers to?
There's the "I", that is boundless, indescribable, beyond words, time, thoughts -> the unidentifiable

and

then there's this "me", the little, thinking, feeling creature of habit that has come to this inquiry -> the indentity

Which is it that you really are? Who am I conversing with in this inquiry?
Bodhi

springwater

Postby springwater » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:51 pm

Hi Bohdi, thank you
then there's this "me", the little, thinking, feeling creature of habit that has come to this inquiry -> the indentity

Who is conversing with you in this inquiry...this body has been taught the language...how to type...
but where are the thoughts and words coming from? where is the longing coming from? what feels dissatisfied...incomplete...what is inquiring....what wants to know?

I'm getting confused...

it seems to point to the mind...I guess the confused mind...with all the ideas about itself and everything....

but what's before the mind? what informs the mind? where do these thoughts come from?

I don't know who is conversing with you...I don't know where it comes from...my responses...what I think to say...where does it all come from?

There is expression out of this body...from a source unknown...but why would it be dissatisfied if it all comes from this source...

there seems to be some confusion in the process...like the filter needs to be cleaned...the filter of the mind I guess.

I don't know what's conversing with you...a source unknown is conversing with you...I don't know where the ideas come from of what to say or do...

It doesn't seem clear, it's confused and dissatisfied...

I feel I am watching a bad movie and just need to switch the channel of the mind...

I don't know

springwater

Postby springwater » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:34 am

Hi Bodhi,
I feel you're conversing with who I really am...the boundless indescribable "I". Too confusing a name, as we know!

I am struggling with being called something in this sort of exploration. My given name, "Renee", seems too loaded here.

How do you refer to this quiet unnameable?

springwater

Postby springwater » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:55 pm

Hi Bodhi,

I see name doesn't matter when you know it's beyond name.

Renee

b0dhi

Postby b0dhi » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:19 pm

Hi I

I'm sorry, I had written a response but see that it has not been posted. We sometimes experience glitches on this site, my apologies.
I see name doesn't matter when you know it's beyond name.
Quite right :)

When what is beyond names and forms is where we are speaking from - there really remains nothing to be said. The real language for that is silence. It seems this is what you refer to as "I".

When we do converse from the perspective of little beings, with minds and tongues, we are then bound by the constraints of descriptions and language. It seems this is what you refer to as "Renee" or "me".

For the purpose of your inquiry, it may be useful to agree to these naming conventions so that we can start to examine the reality of this "me", this "Renee". The "I" itself cannot have a problem, is eternally unbound. The issue is that this "me" is in the way, and we can examine the reality and substance of this "me" to look through it once and for all.

How does this sound to you?
Bodhi

springwater

Postby springwater » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:27 pm

Hi Bohdi,
The issue is that this "me" is in the way, and we can examine the reality and substance of this "me" to look through it once and for all.
Yes I am ready to look through this absolutely.
When what is beyond names and forms is where we are speaking from - there really remains nothing to be said. The real language for that is silence.

I feel there are times when I know this...when it is like this. And then when I am with others I get tripped up. Something pulls me back into believing and acting as a me...maybe it's fear

Sorry for the delay I just got back from Canada visiting my sister. I fully imagined I would have time to write. I'm back.

I

springwater

Postby springwater » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:41 pm

Hi Bohdi,

I feel I must remember from the experience I had that every action of this body was happening without my volition.

The desire is to be in attunement with truth of being...and not be attached to the happenings of this body...belief in the stories it tells...

I desire at times to live in a contemplative environment...around one who resides in the truth of being. I imagine being near that energy could facilitate the focus on truth. I do spend time focusing on truth but maybe not enough. But...if I REALLY knew I'm not in control of the happenings...I guess I wouldn't care :)

I

Return to “ARCHIVES”