Franco, over here

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Yari

Franco, over here

Postby Yari » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:28 pm

Hallo Franco, please answer these 5 questions of how you see reality now after seeing the illusion of self;

1) Is there a 'me', at all, anywhere, in any way? Was there ever?

2) Explain in detail what the illusion of separate self is, when it starts and how it works.

3) How does it feel to see this?

4) How would you describe it to somebody who has never heard about this illusion.

5) What was the last bit that pushed you over, made you look?

Franko Kakusi

Re: Franco, over here

Postby Franko Kakusi » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:16 pm

Hi everyone. Sorry for bad english.
1) No. "Me" simply doesn't exist. Anywhere. It's just an illusion. It never existed anywhere.
2) It all begins inside of the mind. Inside of the mind are created almost always (exept when we sleep) a huge number of thoughts. One of this thoughts is "ego", or "me", or "separate self". It's a thought that makes believe that "me" really exists, that is not just a thought, that is real, that coincides with the mind and the body, a body that you can control, that everything you can perceive is because of you. In that particular moment "ego" makes believe that the body and the mind are "me", coincide with "me" and that "me" is different and separated from the rest of the world. It makes believe that when Franko eats a cookie it's "me" that is eating a cookie, when Franko is suffering it's "me" the one that is suffering. It makes believe that Franko is "me". But this is just an illusion. Franko is perception of Franko. Me doesn't is...there never was any me or you or us. Perception of events is not mine or yours or ours, because in matter of fact we are not. Perception just is.
3) Being able to see doesn't make end anything. There will always exist perception of joy, anger, compassion, happiness and sadness. There is only one news: there is no "me" into this. It never was. Just there is the understanding that "me" is just a thought inside of the mind. It's not real at all.
4) Understanding illusion of "self" is really tricky. You just have to be aware of what is happening right now. It's always right now. Everything else are just thoughts. Even past and future are thoughts of the mind. If I ask you who you are, you will probably answer by telling your name and the story of your life, but this is just the memory that actually is not more than another thought. A thought linked with concepts of past and future. Another two thoughts. The memory gives you a lot of thoughts to generate expectations about you for the future. Other thoughts. These are all thoughts, just like the believing that the body of Franko is "me". They are not real. There is only perception of these events, but there is not anything else. Things are not separated. It's just always now. One thing in constant motion that always flows.
5) The moment when I looked what was really going on for the first time was when I tried to answer to the question: "who am I?". In that particular moment i understood that the mind was trying to give an answer, saying "I am bla bla bla...", but it was nothing more of a thought: an answer that is a thought that mind was trying to generate. Nothing more than a thought. Being fooled for all this time is quite desolating.

Yari

Postby Yari » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:11 am

Nice, Franco.

How this seeing made a difference in your everyday life?­

Franko Kakusi

Postby Franko Kakusi » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:20 pm

It makes understand something precious. There is no more anyone to blame. Since there is anyone here there is no one to blame. It continues to exist the feeling of something called fault or blame, but is general. There is nobody here. Problems fade out: anyone isn't having a real problem since doesn't exist anyone. I have a special place now where to go anytime I will have a doubt. Is the no self. I have just to look the life flowing right now.

Yari

Postby Yari » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:52 am

How are you doing Franco, how is it going a few days after "the gate"?

Feel lost, confused, amazed, same as before...what are your impressions moving the first steps in this new experience?

Return to “THE GATE”