Steven Norquist

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Knick

Steven Norquist

Postby Knick » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:49 am

http://www.hauntedpress.net/Essays_other_writings.html
http://www.nevernothere.com/steven-norquist-sig

If I could teach the world a lesson, it would be this - no matter what you experience, always remind yourself, “There is no experiencer. There is no observer.”

Realizing directly that what is appearing in awareness, "before" you take claim of it, is the truth.

Experience “is,” that is all.

No_One

Re: Steven Norquist

Postby No_One » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:06 am

Knick, this is not about remininding yourself that. Reminding you that is just changing a belief for another ... it does not really help. It's about seeing that. Really seeing there is no you in real life. So did you see this? Do you exist?
The truth is in here not out there

ddb

Postby ddb » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:41 pm

Knick, this is not about remininding yourself that. Reminding you that is just changing a belief for another ...
that distinction's really important, it will change your life if you let it.
it will change 'your life' to life.

the haunted universe was cool though.
now try and forget everything about it.

Elena

Postby Elena » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:01 am

ddb, hi, friend. Just to remind you: this is NOT a discussion board. If you came to discuss Steven's work - not the right place. Please join our Facebook group Enlightenment NOW where we discuss and debate and make friendships and so on. Here - focus ONLY on liberation from the illusion of self. ARE YOU READY? Ask yourself. If no - please join our Facebook group. If yes - step forward and engage fully. Next time you post - answer no-one's question in any way you can answer it now:

DO YOU EXIST?

ddb

Postby ddb » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:30 pm

ddb, hi, friend. Just to remind you: this is NOT a discussion board. If you came to discuss Steven's work - not the right place. Please join our Facebook group Enlightenment NOW where we discuss and debate and make friendships and so on. Here - focus ONLY on liberation from the illusion of self. ARE YOU READY? Ask yourself. If no - please join our Facebook group. If yes - step forward and engage fully. Next time you post - answer no-one's question in any way you can answer it now:

DO YOU EXIST?
sorry, i didn't realise saying to pay attention to no-one's distinction between reminding yourself of something and seeing it first hand, and also to forget everything you know about steven's book, would be to indicate i was initiating a norquist discussion-fest.

i cannot exist. any i that thinks it does is a temporary illusion created from assigning a special status to the act of observation or consciousness. i cannot exist to own anything in my (relative) consciousness, it passes through with no fingers to grasp it. this is the same for everyone.

Return to “THE GATE”