To know there is no I can makes us free from suffer?

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Miriam

Re: To know there is no I can makes us free from suffer?

Postby Miriam » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:42 pm

Don't you know how you were born?

Damon Kamda
Site Admin

Postby Damon Kamda » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:49 pm

It's not sufficient not to see a thing to say that it doesn't exist.
Thats true, otherwise it will just be more speculation, conjecture.
What will be sufficient in this case, however, is two things:

1. If you were to properly look at the place a self is assumed to exist, and it isn't there at all (like a child who believes there is a monster under the bed.... how could you make sure the child would be absolutely certain the monster isn't there...?).
2. If you were to see the utter impossibility of the existence of a self.
If suffering doesn't disappear, what is the difference then? Is there something you feel in a different way?
The difference is that a fundamental illusion has been seen through, and this puts everything in a completely different light. It does NOT mean the end of everything you don't want, not at all. Life does not suddenly become a non-stop party, but seeing through the illusion of separation marks the beginning of a more authentic life, one that is not entangled in the story of me-me-me-me.
There is not a you that is a person, there is me and I'm a person, and there is you who are another person too. And he that is not true, are you a robot, a machine, an animal?
There is no me, there is no you. Both me and you are ideas, stories, fictional characters.
Don't you know how you were born?
I was never born, there is no me.

Listen, miriam. You're still running around in circles here. What you're basically saying is: but, but... there must be a me.

Start by examining that assumption. Go deep. Take the time to really look at what is happening in reality, right now.

If YOU are a person- then HOW and WHEN was that person born? Were you born as a person or did that person come later?

Miriam

Postby Miriam » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:38 am

What is the place where a self is assumed to exist?

Miriam

Postby Miriam » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:45 am

What is that you that sees the self doesn't exist? A you which is not a me? A you that isn't even a person?! And he you tell of that is awareness, awareness is consciousness, can there be conscious outside anybody, without a brain? That seems very much with some existence of a unpersonal soul!

Miriam

Postby Miriam » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:48 am

Correction: "and if* you tell me* that is awareness"

Damon Kamda
Site Admin

Postby Damon Kamda » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:22 pm

What is the place where a self is assumed to exist?
That's up to you to answer.

If there is a self, as you say, then shouldn't you be able to locate it somewhere? To point to it?
What is that you that sees the self doesn't exist? A you which is not a me? A you that isn't even a person?! And he you tell of that is awareness, awareness is consciousness, can there be conscious outside anybody, without a brain? That seems very much with some existence of a unpersonal soul!
Very good! This tells me you're actually seriously engaging this and going deep. This makes me very happy!!!

Who or what sees that the self does not exist?

The question is in fact exactly the same as

Who or what is reading these words right now?
Who or what is doing all of this?

You see?

If there is no self (which I am suggesting and which is up to you to verify in reality) then there has NEVER been a self. Everything, EVERYTHING has always already functioned perfectly well without a self or selves to manage it.

So let these questions take you in and really LOOK at what they point towards:

Is there someone reading these words right now? What is the nature of that which is reading these words right now? Its essence? What is it made of?

(And, no: I'm not saying it is awareness. Awareness is not a thing, awareness is simply a concept, an explanation that something is obviously happening.)

The "answer" to this is deeper.

Is there someone or something looking out of these eyes?

Return to “THE GATE”