Vikasana

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Vikasana

Vikasana

Postby Vikasana » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:03 am

What brings you to Liberation Unleashed?
I have been involved with Triratna Buddhist movement/Friends of the Western Buddhist Order for about nineteen years. I am about to embark on ordination training. A friend and order member has been telling me and showing me about Liberation Unleashed which he's tried along with other friends. I wish to try it.

What are you looking for? What do you expect from this?
don't know what to expect out of it. I simply wish to give it a go and look deeper into the ten fetters. I am looking for a further approach to that which I've done already as I believe there is another way to perceive which i believe I've had some glimpses of.

What is your background in terms of seeking and inquiry?
I have been practicing Buddhism with the group as mentioned above in terms of meditation, some study, reflection, attending the Buddhist centre, recent going for refuge group, some retreats, etc. i have been reading Eckart Tolle. I can do more in terms of seeking. This tends to fluctuate.

How ready are you to question your beliefs about who you are and see the truth no matter what?

Xain

Re: Vikasana

Postby Xain » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:52 pm

Hello Vikasana, and welcome to LU.

My name is Xain, and I am a guide here.

I am not a Buddhist but I am familiar with the Triratna order, and have several friends who are either members, and/or are going through the ordination process. Perhaps we can use familiar buddhist terms in the guidance.

The guidance breaks the first fetter - 'wrong view of self' - The guidance is to realise that the self is Empty. It will show that there is no inherent self (usually referred to as 'I' or 'me'). As a consequence of this, the second and third fetters are also broken (doubts about the Dharma, and attachment to rites and ritual).
don't know what to expect out of it.
Well I hope that you would at least wish to break the first fetter, as this is what the guidance is focussed on.
Beyond that, however, it is good not to have too many expectations. We are not dealing with 'living life in a new way' or for a new temporary or permanent state etc. Suffering itself is also not dealt with here (4th and 5th fetters).
I have been reading Eckart Tolle.
Reading 'The Power of Now' got me on the path :)

Do you have any worries or concerns about the guidance or about any potential realisation?
Do you have any other expectations about this process, or anything else you want to discuss or mention?

Xain ♥

Vikasana

Postby Vikasana » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:43 pm

Hi Xain. Thank you for your message. Sorry for my delayed reply. I am seeking a guide on here. Regards Vikasana.

Xain

Postby Xain » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:41 pm

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Good to hear from you.
Have a look at what I mentioned and the last few questions - See if it resonates with you.

Xain ♥

Vikasana

Postby Vikasana » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:27 pm

Hi Xain. Where do I find the questions? Regards Patrick.

Xain

Postby Xain » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:45 pm

The last two sentences on my first reply.

Xain ♥

Vikasana

Postby Vikasana » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:59 pm

I see your questions now. Thank you Xain. I did have a couple of concerns I spoke with my friend this morning who is in the process. One concern is losing friends in Triratna but this is just a projected fear. Another was cleared by my friend saying that all guides have broken the first three fetters. Regarding expectations I just wish to make a start and see what transpires. I wish to start weakening and breaking the fetters. One thing I am not clear on is how to start requesting a guide and by which medium the guidance takes place. Is it done on here or by Facebook? My Facebook account has currently been locked and I have had to send photo ID to unlock it which may take a few days. Thanks Patrick.

Xain

Postby Xain » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:31 pm

One concern is losing friends in Triratna but this is just a projected fear
It is, but this is understandable.
I have a number of friends in the order, some of which are going through the ordination process and some who are not.
It seems there is a definite 'split' between those seeking to break the fetters, and those who either do not want this or who cling to strong beliefs that attainment can only be achieved through spiritual practices.

What I can suggest to you is . . . life will go where-ever it goes . . . the belief through thought is that future life can go in many different directions, and that there is a person ('I') here right now who gets to choose, in some way, the path it will take.
This will be seen to be an illusion.
Even the act of you coming here for guidance will be realised to be entirely part of 'life's play' without any deliberate choice or control made by an inherently real person.
Regarding expectations I just wish to make a start and see what transpires.
That's an excellent way to approach this guidance.
Another was cleared by my friend saying that all guides have broken the first three fetters.
Yes - This is true.
Upon breaking the first fetter, it will become obvious that the next two have fallen as well.
One thing I am not clear on is how to start requesting a guide and by which medium the guidance takes place.
Is it done on here or by Facebook?
You've already done it - Your man is here! :-)
Guiding can start here in this forum thread, and will begin after this initial chat.
The chat is just to make you feel comfortable with things and get you focussed in the right way. Also, this chat is an opportunity for you to open up and mention any concerns you have . . . or indeed anything else you want to mention before we get underway.

It's important not to have expectations about 'what may happen after' or 'what life will be like afterwards'.
We are only going to focus on one thing here - And that is for you to realise something.
That is to realise that there is no inherent self - No 'real' I - There never was - There never will be.
It will be realised that all along it has been a play of thoughts - Circular un-examined beliefs, and misperceptions.

Xain ♥

Vikasana

Postby Vikasana » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:05 pm

Thank you for your reply Xain.

Sorry for any confusion or delay. I thought I had to request a guide and that you were initially greeting me to LU. It has now been explained by Robin that you are my guide for which I am very grateful and ready to go. I have a few more questions as follows:

Do we continue the process of speaking as we are doing currently on here? How often do we speak? Is our dialogue open to anyone to view or between us two?

Kind regards Patrick.

Xain

Postby Xain » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:27 pm

Hi Patrick
Do we continue the process of speaking as we are doing currently on here? How often do we speak? Is our dialogue open to anyone to view or between us two?
The normal way things proceed is that the entire conversation will happen here in this thread.
HOWEVER, I think it fair to mention that I will be away from 24th March to the 5th April, and so there will be a 'gap' in the guiding on those days.

The guidance HERE will be open for anyone to read as is placed in an 'archive' should you managed to get 'through the gate'.
Since you mention it, would there be a problem with this?

Perhaps the 'gap' of the days as I mentioned above might cause a problem as it is important to try to maintain a momentum in the guidance. Would like (or prefer) a quick chat and guidance over a Skype link for an hour or two? This conversation would not be recorded in any way, and would be just between the two of us.

Failing these options, it would be fine to chat in a private email only between you and I if you think that is best.

Let me know what you would prefer.

Xain ♥

Vikasana

Postby Vikasana » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:43 am

26/3/17. Sorry for the gap in my reply and thank you for your message. I understand why the work is open on here to have a record and I am happy to proceed on here and also happy to Skype at any time. Enjoy your time off and look forward to starting the momentum on your return after the 5th. Best wishes Patrick.

Vikasana

Postby Vikasana » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:09 am

26/3/17. In the meantime I have started reading the book and am meeting two friends who have broken the first three fetters on here. Thank you Xain.

Vikasana

Postby Vikasana » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:11 am

I am also now reflecting daily on what one of my friends has suggested and noticed some effect. Regards Patrick.

Xain

Postby Xain » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:13 pm

In the meantime I have started reading the book and am meeting two friends who have broken the first three fetters on here.
Great!
I am also now reflecting daily on what one of my friends has suggested and noticed some effect.
Good stuff!

I am back now so we can begin if you like?
If you would prefer to chat on Skype (which actually is becoming my preferred medium!) we can do that too.
We can chat on here as much as you like. I'll have more time for Skype from Monday next week, both during the day and the evenings. I am in the UK.

Xain ♥

Vikasana

Postby Vikasana » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:42 pm

Thank you for your message. I hope you had a nourishing couple of weeks. Yes I would like to start and will start to tune in daily. I am happy to talk both on here or on Skype. I have read about thirty five pages of LU book so far and have been reflecting whilst down at mine and my girlfriends allotment in nature, on a couple of phrases suggested by my friend who is on LU and have been finding it beneficial. Thank you for your time. With love Vikasana. .

Return to “THE GATE”