Show me the truth Noone!

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
No_One

Re: Show me the truth Noone!

Postby No_One » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:33 pm

Execelent ... The I comes and claims the experience. But there is no I in the actual experience. There is a strong feeling this is happening to you. Yes, that feeling is real. But just look at it. Is there an I behind that feeling? Real feeling but no real I. Do you exist?
The truth is in here not out there

No_One

Postby No_One » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:42 pm

Also, when you say 'I talk to myself' what can be seen? What are the facts?

LetMeIn

Postby LetMeIn » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:06 pm

Also, when you say 'I talk to myself' what can be seen? What are the facts?
The fact is that noone is talkin to themselves, thoughts come and are expressed without being questioned whos they were.

No_One

Postby No_One » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:19 pm

Cool ... so do you exist? Did you ever exist? Any doubts?

No_One

Postby No_One » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:51 am

How's it going? Let's let you in. And don't worry about the 1000$ ... liberation is for free here :)

LetMeIn

Postby LetMeIn » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:42 pm

No I don't exist but i have yet to see this clearly, only intellectually. I don't want to waste the powerful advice you give. thats why I am taking a while to respond so i can make better sense of what you speak.

No_One

Postby No_One » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:07 pm

Cool ... so where do we stand now? Can you find an I in the actual experience?

LetMeIn

Postby LetMeIn » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:33 am

I don't find in I in my actual experience, When really taking time to just sit and observe life, its more like reality is interpreted through this space. Feelings and other phenomenon come and dissolve in this space. This interpretation is unique and it is the only way to sense or know reality. This interpretation is false though because it is just that, an interpretation. It is hard to stay focused on the task at hand which is just to observe. When the focus is on just observing as everything arises the "I" has less of a grip, but the sense of "I" is still present.

No_One

Postby No_One » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:14 am

The 'I' feeling is strong and very real BUT it does not correspond to a real I. A thought about a cup corresponds to a real cup. A thought about the I does not correspond to a real I. See the difference?

Really nice you can see the space (I guess the one in your head). Is that space you? That's where the I is expected to be. And of course you realize this is virtual space. There are some brains there, otherwise you would not be writing here :) Just focus on the I ... is there an I here and now? And after 10s ... is there an I here and now? Just look if you can find one. And when the I thought pops just look ... is there an I behind that?

No_One

Postby No_One » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:16 am

Really keep going ... we're getting somwhere here :)

No_One

Postby No_One » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:13 pm

Bump ... still around?

LetMeIn

Postby LetMeIn » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:56 pm

Yes still around.

The processing activity in my brain corresponds to the voice in my head that is constantly going. Thinking i am the voice in my head almost always. Sometimes stepping back to observe that ongoing process where anything can pop up happens. No I is found here and now in each fresh moment, but this is not clicking very well.

No_One

Postby No_One » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:56 pm

This voice in your head ... can you see it or can you only see there are thoughts poping on and on? Is there an I thinking those thoughts that can be seen or thoughts just pop out of nowhere? What are these thoughts about? They are in a form or another about an I. Always about an I. Just look into this I ... what does it stand for? It's always about an I that has done something, is thinking, is feeling, is afraid. But when you look at the action what can be seen? Is that I found in the action? Can it be found in real life or does it only "come up" after the action saying "I did this"?. Yes, there's a strong thought, feeling that this I is the master, that this is tangible somehow. But when you look for it, this I cannot be found.

The I thought is real but not about a real I. And this has to be recongnized as it is. The I thought will remain but it will just be seen like it is: an empty thought that was believed for too long. But unlike a thought about a real cup it does not correspond to a real cup. It just claims to be ... Just LOOK and see if this is true

No_One

Postby No_One » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:20 pm

One more thing ... this is about looking but we usually look & analyse. And only see the result at the end of that. So I guess you should try the following exercise to see how the looking hapens. That's a quote that really helped me at some point ... give it a try

"Man is imprisoned by words. Man’s whole problem is language. Slowly, slowly, one has to go on dropping the words and one has to enter into silence. And that is not difficult: once you start trying to move towards it, it starts happening. The reality is when all words have disappeared, when you are not thinking but you just are…when there is no thought cloud in the mind but pure awareness, unclouded, an unclouded sky. When there is no thought there is no trembling, no winds are blowing. All is tranquil and quiet. In that quietude, one penetrates reality. Reality cannot be thought about. You can see it but you cannot think about it. To think about it is to go far away from it, because whatsoever you think will be wrong. Thinking is wrong.

You see a rose. What can you think about it? The moment you say it is beautiful, you have gone far away from the rose, from its facticity, from its reality. Now the mind has come in, it says it is beautiful. Now the word beautiful will create many other associations, a chain will start. You will forget about the flower, you will think about the man whom you used to think beautiful or a poem that you used to think beautiful. The flower is forgotten. Now you have got into a train of thoughts. It is unending and one never knows where one is going to land"

LetMeIn

Postby LetMeIn » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:04 pm

This voice in your head ... can you see it or can you only see there are thoughts poping on and on? Is there an I thinking those thoughts that can be seen or thoughts just pop out of nowhere? What are these thoughts about? They are in a form or another about an I. Always about an I. Just look into this I ... what does it stand for? It's always about an I that has done something, is thinking, is feeling, is afraid. But when you look at the action what can be seen? Is that I found in the action? Can it be found in real life or does it only "come up" after the action saying "I did this"?. Yes, there's a strong thought, feeling that this I is the master, that this is tangible somehow. But when you look for it, this I cannot be found.
The easiest way to analyze thoughts is to sit quietly with eyes closed (as Mooji says-we don't have to call it meditation). I can only see that thoughts are popping on and on and they come from nowhere. The body is automatic and the thoughts are as well.The I doesn't stand for anything it just claims the experience after it happens. I sit just observing this feeling, not mine its just here. But dammit why can't this be recognized truly for what it is. How to overcome this identification even if it is known it is not me. What more of a way to look other than seeing that this feeling cannot describe me? Its not enough to know this or to even see that this feeling I am feeling right now does not in any way describe me. This is something that has to be deeply looked into at the right angle i suppose.

Return to “THE GATE”