New to This -help needed

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
nonaparry

Re: New to This -help needed

Postby nonaparry » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:30 pm

Only one opinion can be right. There is no self there.
No.
Nothing could be farther from the truth. ONLY self is present where only one opinion can be right.

i have given all i have to give, Barry. There is simply nothing more here. You have everything you need to awaken, and you choose to sleep. That's okay, and now i have to rest. i will ask for another guide to pick up if you sincerely wish to continue the conversation.

with much love
Nona
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains—however improbable—must be the truth." ~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

demellolives

Postby demellolives » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:41 am

I wonder if language is the problem here? When I say one opinion is right-Im simply saying a fact is a fact. Today is Monday-is a fact. It has nothing to do with me or you or the self?

demellolives

Postby demellolives » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:46 am

Just please clarify my last point. After that lets see where we are. Reality is reality. Its either sunny outside or its not-I really think this opinion thing is a side issue and you are not understanding me. I think you are getting bogged down in semantics-the word opinion has connotations of ego. Im really talking more about facts. Surely facts still exist ? There are two people in my living room at the moment is a fact.

open space

Postby open space » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:43 pm

Hi Barry,
joining in here to support clarity and yes, agree, it can get lost in semantics. It is your seeing that confirms this truth. Let us know is there any doubt or have you seen this? I read back and posted below what you wrote in the illusion of self, seems you saw. We are here to support the seeing of this made up of story of "I" and any doubt that gets in the way of seeing that. Is it clear for you, is there an I or self at the center of you or is it an illusion? Go in again and see if there is anything in the way of seeing this today?
Call it the final sweep.
answering this clearly with a yes or no is ultimately for yourself to do a final walk thru,
enjoy,
let us know if you find anything:)
love, Coll

Explain in detail, please, what the illusion of separate self is, when it starts and how it works.

Tough question . The illusion is that you have this person inside you. I think I have used the image of a little man inside my head. That this person/self is concrete-as concrete as this keyboard. That this self can be hurt -that when another person criticises an action-it hurts the illusion. How can an illusion be hurt-because the thoughts are corralled into this self. What I mean by corralled is they are stored in a kinda of mind file under "self" .

When I say mind file -i mean no more than a collection of thoughts called self but now Im thinking as I wrote that-that its complete nonsense. It just seems that way. I tell myself a lie when I say that Is it for protective purposes? Obviously lies are told for protection. I obviously get something from it? A sense of control that does not exist and anyway causes more harm than good because life/reality can be terribly random
So the self works by illusion. By taking part in it. An illusion of thought and preservation. Without it reality would be there in a purer form-I think.

I was looking at a group of students today and all I saw was heads. They were heads capable of talking to me. Have temperaments of one sort or another. Tend to act in certain patterns . But these patterns are only habits.

Im rambling here.Explain in detail, please, what the illusion of separate self is, when it starts and how it works.

Tough question . The illusion is that you have this person inside you. I think I have used the image of a little man inside my head. That this person/self is concrete-as concrete as this keyboard. That this self can be hurt -that when another person criticises an action-it hurts the illusion. How can an illusion be hurt-because the thoughts are corralled into this self. What I mean by corralled is they are stored in a kinda of mind file under "self" .

When I say mind file -i mean no more than a collection of thoughts called self but now Im thinking as I wrote that-that its complete nonsense. It just seems that way. I tell myself a lie when I say that Is it for protective purposes? Obviously lies are told for protection. I obviously get something from it? A sense of control that does not exist and anyway causes more harm than good because life/reality can be terribly random
So the self works by illusion. By taking part in it. An illusion of thought and preservation. Without it reality would be there in a purer form-I think.

I was looking at a group of students today and all I saw was heads. They were heads capable of talking to me. Have temperaments of one sort or another. Tend to act in certain patterns . But these patterns are only habits.

Im rambling here.

demellolives

Postby demellolives » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:30 pm

I will have to get back to this later in the week. As I explained in a lengthy private message to nonparry circumstances dont allow me to continue for the moment. I also starting to think I have gone as far as I can thread wise. Does not mean I will abandon the truth. Just not sure this thread is best way forward and now it seems "I" have been passed on to another guide!!

demellolives

Postby demellolives » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:36 pm

Just to quickly answer you though as you did take time to post-the only thing getting in the way is habit-plain habit and it seems semantics. I think there are facts that have nothing to do with opinion. Opinions can still exist too cant they in a selfish world-they just dont belong to anybody-any I. There obviously is no right opinion-that I see as a right opinion is an illusion.

I teach the difference all the time but here for some reason its not accepted or seen as untrue. Can this be clarified??

Anyway as I said will reflect but really not sure-four guides in if this thread process is best way forward and annoyed at the side issues-TBH.

open space

Postby open space » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:10 pm

yes Bruce,
Exactly that is my experience...opinions "just do not belong to anybody" It sounds like you see and then there are questions that arise from sitting from this perspective of no reference point of the I, is that true? Sit how ever long, we are here. Want to let you know that having 1 guide or 4 or 5, does not mean anything, just what is. I went thru many threads here to get the perspective by reading how each guide saw. It does not mean anything but to support the seeing as that perfectly unfolds.
let me know what you find when u look, it is amazing just to keep looking, the desire and honesty to see
what is actually not there or has never been,
Coll

demellolives

Postby demellolives » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:41 pm

I think it is significant that I have burned through at least 2 guides! my wife is due over the next week so I think it would be timely now if I stepped away. Im not giving up. I have seen the truth but I need to work on it by myself for the moment. I want to thank all the guides. For all your time in your busy lives. For all the care. Im not leaving because of the change in guides just circumstances in my own life.

Damon Kamda
Site Admin

Postby Damon Kamda » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:25 am

I think it is significant that I have burned through at least 2 guides! my wife is due over the next week so I think it would be timely now if I stepped away. Im not giving up. I have seen the truth but I need to work on it by myself for the moment. I want to thank all the guides. For all your time in your busy lives. For all the care. Im not leaving because of the change in guides just circumstances in my own life.
Wishing you and your wife all the best!

We'll be here... ;-)

Warm regards,
Damon

open space

Postby open space » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:15 am

Hi Bruce,
Happy to support
and be here when it works for you.
No mistake, no matter how many guides,
your work is our work in seeing,
it all serves and what is to be, there is no one in control of this.
So trust the way life flows, it seems to no matter what I think:)

Lots of love as you move into the experience of fatherhood.
I have too boys and what a beautiful experience and ride of the heart that is.
let me know if you want to go offline to share one on one, happy to do that.
in love,
Coll

demellolives

Postby demellolives » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:51 pm

I dont mind the name Bruce but its Barry! Thanks for the kind wishes. Will keep in touch.

Return to “THE GATE”