One-on-one, are you ready?

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Life

Re: One-on-one, are you ready?

Postby Life » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:21 pm

How are things going?
Life...... Are you separate from it?

http://machielovic-justbeing.blogspot.com/

Heart

Postby Heart » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:25 am

Not so good actually. It was not a holiday yesterday so nature and relaxation thing didn't occur - got home very late and just fell asleep. Moreover, focusing was kind of beyond the reach. It's not that I forgot about it - no whole day long I remembered and while moving always came a thought about looking but that's it. The looking itself didn't happen don't know why. Maybe because I had to be very concentrated on a certain state during the day while performing but it's not an excuse I know. Maybe today it will be better.

Life

Postby Life » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:49 am

Not so good actually. It was not a holiday yesterday so nature and relaxation thing didn't occur - got home very late and just fell asleep. Moreover, focusing was kind of beyond the reach. It's not that I forgot about it - no whole day long I remembered and while moving always came a thought about looking but that's it. The looking itself didn't happen don't know why. Maybe because I had to be very concentrated on a certain state during the day while performing but it's not an excuse I know. Maybe today it will be better.
Ok no big deal, going into nature is no set requirement just helpfull. Looking happens involuntarily, thoughts are there, is there an I there doing this?

It is not about the state, states will keep change, are you in the states or are states just occuring without a self or controller?

Allow seeing to occur.

Heart

Postby Heart » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:27 pm

Ok no big deal, going into nature is no set requirement just helpfull. Looking happens involuntarily, thoughts are there, is there an I there doing this?

It is not about the state, states will keep change, are you in the states or are states just occuring without a self or controller?

Allow seeing to occur.
Does this seeing ever stop really? About states... that is the point - I was expected to control them not to change, to stay in one particular state and for the first time I couldn't! My mind was jumping from one task to another. Here is the question - does the impulse to inquire come as a thought from the mind? As if the mind is checking itself? Because I use the mind definitely but can't understand clearly how. Or it just happen? Oh... what a mess... Can it be that there's no impulse at all?! Is it just a following thought?!

Life

Postby Life » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:03 pm

Does this seeing ever stop really? Look

About states... that is the point - I was expected to control them not to change, to stay in one particular state and for the first time I couldn't! My mind was jumping from one task to another. Here is the question - does the impulse to inquire come as a thought from the mind? As if the mind is checking itself? Because I use the mind definitely but can't understand clearly how. Or it just happen? Oh... what a mess... Can it be that there's no impulse at all?! Is it just a following thought?!
Don't make this so complicated, it isn't!

Of course it seems that your using the mind, but it just functions and then there's another thought that it was your thought.

Close the eyes after reading this paragraph and find that which is always there. Feelings of aliveness, conscious beingness, ‘I am’, stay with the feeling. Is it personal? It feels personal because for all those years you thought that you exist as a separate being. It’s a sense plus a labelling of the mind as “me”.

Look at thoughts:
Where do they come from?
Can you control them?
What influences thoughts?
Do you know what your next though is going to be?
Can a thought be stopped in the middle?

Notice that thoughts come and go by themselves. They are just thoughts. And there is nothing that controls them, they roll one after another and there is no way to stop or get rid of them. Like a river that is running freely.

Look at thoughts as the labelling mechanism. Experience happens, labelling follows. Noticing, observation, witnessing happens, labels pop right after.

Notice body breathing, look, is it breathing by itself of is there a breather? Label says “I breathe”. Is there an I that does the breathing? How about when you sleep? Does breathing need a breather?

Notice body breathing, look, is it breathing by itself of is there a breather? Label says “I breathe”. Is there an I that does the breathing? How about when you sleep? Does breathing need a breather?
Play with the labelling for a bit, notice that label I is just a label, a word that precedes other words in the label. Right now reading happens effortlessly and if you just stop for a second, thoughts appear and start labelling………I is one of thoughts. I read. Really?
Can a thought think? Can a thought do anything?
So if I is a thought and thought does not think, there is no thinker? Is it true?

Heart

Postby Heart » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:38 pm

Don't know what to say. No me? At all? It's not that I start to believe it's like I suddenly felt it's true for the first time! If no me then what...? What is it? Like a hiding cosmos... or hovering over... still slipping away. Why does these fingers type? Who is there?

Heart

Postby Heart » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:50 pm

At first the feeling of "I" was located in the body - esp. breathing. Thinking very slow and lazy, calmness, just looking. And then this understanding that all this story about no I is real. Real! It's not a shock more utter amazement and then this thing about some subtle thing slipping away...

Life

Postby Life » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:19 pm

Don't know what to say. No me? At all? It's not that I start to believe it's like I suddenly felt it's true for the first time! If no me then what...? What is it? Like a hiding cosmos... or hovering over... still slipping away. Why does these fingers type? Who is there?
Then what? Well everything :)) just no separate self.

Life

Postby Life » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:24 pm

At first the feeling of "I" was located in the body - esp. breathing. Thinking very slow and lazy, calmness, just looking. And then this understanding that all this story about no I is real. Real! It's not a shock more utter amazement and then this thing about some subtle thing slipping away...
A suble thing seemingly slipping away, yes something believed in for so long seen to be a myth!

Heart

Postby Heart » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:34 pm

Now it looks like everything came back to usual... very strong believe I should say! :) Gonna keep looking!

Life

Postby Life » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:44 pm

Yeah life goes on, quite normal just now with the recognition that the thought I points to nothing.

When up for it, can you please answer these questions in detail?

1) Explain what the self is and how it works.

2) Is there a you, at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form?

3) how would you describe it to somebody who has never heard about no you?

4) How does it feel to be liberated?

Heart

Postby Heart » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:15 pm

I don't think it was the recognition... at least there is no change about feeling separated and so on. When I said everything came back I meant back to feeling that there is some separate me...

Life

Postby Life » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:40 pm

I don't think it was the recognition... at least there is no change about feeling separated and so on. When I said everything came back I meant back to feeling that there is some separate me...
These are doubts, which are nothing but thoughts. Is there someone having doubts, or just thoughts passing?

Look straight into these doubts, why are they here? Just another protection mechanism like fear, what is it protecting?

Just keep up the looking! Focus, is there a focusser or just focus?

Heart

Postby Heart » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:24 pm

Can't find what they protect, only they present it as if it was all my imagination. I don't pay much attention to them. Looking still goes on but I have to sleep already... though it may turn out impossible. Good night anyway! :)

Heart

Postby Heart » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:51 pm

I feel like a schoolchild who hasn't done his homework. It's blocked. Maybe I am pushing too much. I mean trying instead of just relaxing to let it happen. So I stopped attempts to focus. There are moments when I catch something... esp. when I'm just walking - about how it moves by itself but only shorts glimpses and I'm afraid that I'm not actually looking but trying to catch some previous state. That's it - a lot of doubts about it being just states and mind playing. And I find that I can't clearly see the thoughts - how they move, how they label things, etc. Very sticky... unclear. Question about the seer or doer stays on the mind level and only triggers more thoughts or pictures inside my head instead of going deeper :(

Return to “THE GATE”