One-on-one, are you ready?

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Life

One-on-one, are you ready?

Postby Life » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:28 pm

You were born ready!

From the first moment the eyes opened, just life happening, not a being sepate from life!

Look, is that true?
Life...... Are you separate from it?

http://machielovic-justbeing.blogspot.com/

Heart

Re: One-on-one, are you ready?

Postby Heart » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:17 am

You know... I remeber when I was a child it was a question that puzzled me - why is it so that from all of the beings in the world this one is "me"? What makes the distinction? I felt strange about that. As if there were something wrong with the idea. Here I am still looking for the answer.

Life

Postby Life » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:05 pm

Alright thats a great starting point!

So look at the possibility that there might not be a distinction at all. Is there really something more than the thought me that makes that body yours?

What comes up when looking back to when you were a child? Was the child right?

Heart

Postby Heart » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:54 pm

The child was happy most of the time. And I remember very clearly the time when this happiness faded away - when in the moment of happiness the thought about future started to come. And I knew this thought was the reason why I couldn't feel happy any more but I couldn't do anything about it. So happiness lookes like being now. Same with freedom and love.

I understand that "me" is only a thought but this understanding is also a mind conception. I tried to look at this "I" but my mind just keeps playing games. As for the body I know for sure that I am not my body and not even placed within my body. For example when I am aware of myself in a dream I can reconstruct the body and the world around me with even more real senses than when I am awake.

So mind is the only source of all this identification. And when I come closer my mind starts to panic - can't let it go. No control is frightening.

Life

Postby Life » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:14 pm

The mind keeps playing games yes, are you this mind? Do you control when and what there is thought?

So look at the fear, let fear come, why is there fear? Look, is there anything behind fear?

Can you see that fear is a protection mechnism? What is it protecting?

Heart

Postby Heart » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:39 pm

The mind keeps playing games yes, are you this mind? Do you control when and what there is thought?

So look at the fear, let fear come, why is there fear? Look, is there anything behind fear?

Can you see that fear is a protection mechnism? What is it protecting?
I feel I'm not the mind and still I can't see something behind the mind. As if I'm bind to the mind. Most of the time thoughts just stick to me. Speaking gibberish all the time on and on. Sometimes I can change them but I can't stop them.

It's like a fear to get lost. To forget who I am completely - my name, where I am going, how to behave and so on. As if something terrible could happen to me... There is even a fear that I would look insane for the others. Wow... Social thing!

Life

Postby Life » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:41 pm

I feel I'm not the mind and still I can't see something behind the mind. As if I'm bind to the mind. Most of the time thoughts just stick to me. Speaking gibberish all the time on and on. Sometimes I can change them but I can't stop them.

Just to be clear, did not say there needs to be seen something behind the mind. Thoughts are gibberish most of the time, sometimes wisdom or just functional but always changing, are you really doing that? Is there a thinker? And you cannot stop them indeed, meaning one you are not the mind or the thinker else you would have total control, right?

Secondly that thoughts are not an obstacle for seeing if there is a self in experience or not!

It's like a fear to get lost. To forget who I am completely - my name, where I am going, how to behave and so on. As if something terrible could happen to me... There is even a fear that I would look insane for the others. Wow... Social thing!
ok, that is the story[thought] that comes up after the fear claiming it as my fear. Is there something besides thought having the fear?

Besides those fears mentioned(not gonna happen, all those things are just life flowing and will just keep going on) what do you think the seeing of there being no you is gonna do?

Heart

Postby Heart » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:55 pm

Right. They go by themselves. And for now I can't find fear at all. Just blankness. I have no idea of what it gonna do! It's like the door leading nowhere. It was the strongest fear - fear of uncertainty. Can't find it either.

Life

Postby Life » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:18 pm

It's like a fear to get lost. To forget who I am completely - my name, where I am going, how to behave and so on. As if something terrible could happen to me... There is even a fear that I would look insane for the others.Wow... Social thing!
Not at all to be a smatass or anything, but to me that looks like fear, nothing wrong with that, perfectly normal like any emotion. Allow the fear to come in and get even more intense! Look, is there anything behind fear being protected? Look, or rather let looking happen!

Heart

Postby Heart » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:25 pm

Behind fear being protected... need some time to catch that fear again.

Life

Postby Life » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:41 pm

Write down: there is no self at all in reality.

Look at it, look at where the self should be, what is seen?

Time is not necesarry, no need to postpone or rush but this can be done whenever. Write it down and look at it, is it true?

Heart

Postby Heart » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:20 pm

Ok. Here is a problem: it's not a real fear I feel now but rather remembering of some old experience I had before. I don't now if it makes any sense but it looks like it's a usual thing for me to take memories for something really existing. So I can even try to pretend that I feel this fear now but that would be untrue!

The reason that I don't have this fear any more maybe one experience that I had later - I was reading a book in which I came across a statement that reality can easily handle your everyday activity. It was a key point for me for a long time. I've been always thinking about these words of Jesus about birds and lilies... so this statement stroke me so much that I suddenly saw how it works. For a day of so it was going by itself - my body moving, going somewhere, sitting, eating and so on. I saw how much unnecessary thinking was in all that before and how little of what can be called "me' was engaged in the process. Then it came back and I almost forgot it. But now I can remember it and I can't seriously be afraid to loose something I can't loose! What shall I do about it?

Heart

Postby Heart » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:41 pm

Didn't see your post... I wrote it. Question came - What is self? What do you mean by this word? It's somehow connected with possession... as "myself", "my body". Can it be non-personal? In that old fear there were much about possession... about keeping what you have and about hiding...

Life

Postby Life » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:51 pm

For a day of so it was going by itself - my body moving, going somewhere, sitting, eating and so on. I saw how much unnecessary thinking was in all that before and how little of what can be called "me' was engaged in the process. Then it came back and I almost forgot it. But now I can remember it and I can't seriously be afraid to loose something I can't loose! What shall I do about it?
Okay, you say how little was engaged in the procees, look, was there really a little part still engaged in the process? Or did this conclusion come afterwards as a thought?

It might be it has been seen but not directly recognised as such, and now you try to recapture it.

Can it be seen that everything just happens without there being a doer at all??

Life

Postby Life » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:00 pm

Didn't see your post... I wrote it. Question came - What is self? What do you mean by this word? It's somehow connected with possession... as "myself", "my body". Can it be non-personal? In that old fear there were much about possession... about keeping what you have and about hiding...
Well the self seeming to be separate, that which you think is controling your life, is it there? Does it actually exist?

What is hiding from what?

Return to “THE GATE”