Seeing Through Self

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
TheJourney

Seeing Through Self

Postby TheJourney » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:57 am

Have heard about this forum quite a bit, so pretty much just wanted to go through the process and see what it was like...so yea, thanks

cosmiK

Re: Seeing Through Self

Postby cosmiK » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:57 am

claimed :)

cosmiK

Postby cosmiK » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:02 am

Hey,

I'll be guide #1 :)

There are a few ground rules, please respond to confirm:

1. You agree to post at least every day.
2. I will post questions, and you will answer them.
3. When you answer you answer 110% honestly,
4. and when you do answer, you answer from your direct experience (felt senses and observed thoughts). Long winded analytical and philosophical answers are not needed and may even hinder progress.
5. Put aside all other teachings, philosophies and such for the remainder of this journey. Really put all your effort and attention in to SEEing this, as it is. If you have a daily and essential meditation practice, it is fine to continue that.
6. Please learn to use the quote function, instructions are located in the link below this line:
http://liberationunleashed.com/nation/v ... ?f=4&t=660

with Love.

Empty Mirror

Postby Empty Mirror » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:08 am

And I'll be guide two :)

TheJourney

Postby TheJourney » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:10 am

Hey,

I'll be guide #1 :)

There are a few ground rules, please respond to confirm:

1. You agree to post at least every day.
2. I will post questions, and you will answer them.
3. When you answer you answer 110% honestly,
4. and when you do answer, you answer from your direct experience (felt senses and observed thoughts). Long winded analytical and philosophical answers are not needed and may even hinder progress.
5. Put aside all other teachings, philosophies and such for the remainder of this journey. Really put all your effort and attention in to SEEing this, as it is. If you have a daily and essential meditation practice, it is fine to continue that.
6. Please learn to use the quote function, instructions are located in the link below this line:
http://liberationunleashed.com/nation/v ... ?f=4&t=660

with Love.
Confirmed...

cosmiK

Postby cosmiK » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:11 am

Hey,

so... look deeply in Experience, here and now.

What does the word "I" and "me" refer to in Experience?

is there an experience-er that Experiences?

with Love.

TheJourney

Postby TheJourney » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:38 am

Hey,

so... look deeply in Experience, here and now.

What does the word "I" and "me" refer to in Experience?

is there an experience-er that Experiences?

with Love.
I would say 'I' am an apparent process of reading and reacting with my environment and with inner feelings.

cosmiK

Postby cosmiK » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:19 am

Hey :)

Consider the difference between 1) Direct Experience, and then a 2) imagined-speculation.

To do 1) just simply sit with eyes closed, relax, simply nakedly noticing what is felt, heard, thought (Try it now)

To do 2) continue from above and then imagine "You" and the universe and as much as can be thought of about All-That-Is.

Then...
I would say 'I' am an apparent process of reading and reacting with my environment and with inner feelings.
Using only Direct Experience, and reporting as accurately and simply from it as possible:

Where is this "I" or this claimant of it's environment and feelings/inner world?

Where is the dividing line between "I" (inner) and everything else (outside)?

In reading this sentence, is there a reader? or just the reading, just Experiencing?

with Love

TheJourney

Postby TheJourney » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:44 am

Using only Direct Experience, and reporting as accurately and simply from it as possible:

Where is this "I" or this claimant of it's environment and feelings/inner world?

Where is the dividing line between "I" (inner) and everything else (outside)?

I think that perhaps focusing and identifying creates the sense of 'I,' with its inner world and environment. Yet you can shift this focus, and in a way sense of identity shifts, and things you thought were 'I' go quite on their own.
In reading this sentence, is there a reader? or just the reading, just Experiencing?
I think the reality is that there is just the experiencing. The perception of it being otherwise is due to a temporarily structured focus and identification, which is projected.

TheJourney

Postby TheJourney » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:45 am

I messed the quote up, but I don't see how to edit it.

Empty Mirror

Postby Empty Mirror » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:58 am

Hi Journey

Can you tell me whether you are the thinker of thoughts?

Are any thoughts thought by you?

cosmiK

Postby cosmiK » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:18 am

Hey,
I think that perhaps focusing and identifying creates the sense of 'I,' with its inner world and environment. Yet you can shift this focus, and in a way sense of identity shifts, and things you thought were 'I' go quite on their own.
Alright, but it's not about thinking about it, it's about a Direct Experiencing. Do not try to think about this differently - ultimately that won't be helpful either. Instead really LOOK honestly at what you consider to be You. Really LOOK at what you consider to be the point where You begin, and the rest of the universe ends. Investigate this as nakedly and as directly as a baby would. Just leave all ideas you have about spirituality, and philosophy, and science behind and really be honest with yourself.
I think the reality is that there is just the experiencing. The perception of it being otherwise is due to a temporarily structured focus and identification, which is projected.
Again, not trying to pick your use of the words "I think", but that usually means that there is some sort of intellectual conclusion, or a conceptual consideration. When investigating, stick to direct experiencing, and reporting from it as best and honestly as you can. In the end that is the ONLY thing that will trigger this insight, and even after that initial insight, it is the only thing you will need to see through any assumption that keeps you from Freedom.

So...

try this...

Close your eyes and just Notice... feel, hear, sense...

What is it that is noticing?

Just write from what you notice,

with Love.

Return to “THE GATE”