Invitation for You to see through you.

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
longgone1

Postby longgone1 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:07 pm

Ready to see ? :)

Cubic77

Postby Cubic77 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:55 pm

I'm ready:-)

longgone1

Re: Invitation for You to see through you.

Postby longgone1 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:55 am

by Cubic77 » October 23rd, 2011, 8:55 pm

I'm ready:-)
Hi Cubic .. let's begin by you telling me where your coming from. What brought you here and what do you expect from liberation ?

Cubic77

Postby Cubic77 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:50 pm

About three years ago I started looking into literature about the possibilities of the human mind and spirituality in general. I guess I have always been looking for a higher meaning with everything and know somewhere deep down that there must be more to the puzzle than what I was taught in school and at home. But it was not until three years ago that my eyes were opened to this wast (and ancient) amount of knowledge that existed on these subject.
I was never introduced to this line of thinking in my childhood or through my education so when i first stumbled upon the subject i was thrilled. Finally there seemed to be explanations for some of all these questions i had. Like a starving child I have been devouring everything I could get my hands on that had anything to do with self help, spirituality, law of attraction etc. One thing led to another and soon my attention was spread so thin that I found difficulties focussing and really implementing any of all the wonderful techniques and wisdom I was reading about.

Some time ago I read the Conversation With God books by Neale Donald Walsch and they kind of made it all come together for me. The messages in those books and that view of the world made perfect sense to me but only in a intellectual way. I could read the books and I could agree with the views and I could feel somewhere deep inside of me that this view of the world made sense intellectually but not so much emotionally.

I believe that we have a soul and we are all one. I mean it is not a strange thought to me. But I have been struggling with getting from a belief to a knowing or an experience of it. I am trying to wrap my mind around it but I always end up feeling frustrated. It like reading a math question that you kind of get and feel you are so close to solving but still you spend hours attacking it from different angles without getting any closer to the solution.

I was led to this site though no-self.com. I have been reading some of the threads and questions but think I need to take it slowly one on one before I end up confusing my self instead of liberating my self:-)

What I hope to get from this awakening is first of all to get a knowing and experience of no self. To really feel that there is no me behind all the craziness and feel that oneness with everything. I hope this can bring me clarity in my everyday life and make it easier to stop all the destructive metal chatter. I hope it can get "me" to see though the illusion that is the story of me. Eventually I hope it will help me to discover my higher purpose I'm life and to live life with a knowing that everything is happening exactly the way it is supposed to happen and be alright with that. I hope it will enable me to experience joy from within instead of always searching for it from without.

longgone1

Postby longgone1 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:50 pm

O.K. all sounds reasonable and normal. So I'm just going to go in with some straight simple questions.
1) Are you prepared to see that there is no you ?
2) Have you tried looking for it ?
3) If so tell me what you found.
If not start looking now .. be 100% honest and tell me what you find.
Take your time .. it's not a race.

Cubic77

Postby Cubic77 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:19 pm

1) Are you prepared to see that there is no you ?
Yes I belive I am. Actually I think I am more afraid of not being able to see there is no me than actually suceeding. I have so high expectations for it that it would really suck if i could not finally see it:-) I am not sure if my ego is ready for it though. On one hand I can think of only positive things coming out of this on the other hand I have problems really imagining what it would feel like
2) Have you tried looking for it ?
3) If so tell me what you found.
Yes I have been looking. I must admit I find it difficult to wrap my head around how i am supposed to look. If we just forget for a while the "theories" I have read and others acounts of the process then I come up with some pretty ordinary answers for what I find. When i look at what I am I still identify with a combination of my physical apearance, my thoughts, my feelings and my story. I cant really see past that. I would like to think there is a soul involved somewhere but either my soul is not as sane and pure as I belive it should be, or there is somehting else joining in on my inner chatter and pushing its own agenda:-)

longgone1

Postby longgone1 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:49 pm

When i look at what I am I still identify with a combination of my physical apearance, my thoughts, my feelings and my story. I cant really see past that.
O.K. good so you know the you that you think you are is made up of a combination of those things .. It's an assumption based on that ..
So take each one in turn and look again,
Your physical appearance .. if you were locked in a cell with no mirror would you lose the sense of you ?
Your thoughts .. are they constant or do they change all the time according to stimuli time and place ?
Your feelings are they constant .. can you find yourself in them ?
Your story .. what is it made up of .. thoughts .. memory .. childhood influences .. events ?
What can you point to that is really you ?
Objects can be known .. are you an object ?
Look again and tell me with clarity who are you ?
If you are an object what is you ?

Cubic77

Postby Cubic77 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:36 pm

Your physical appearance .. if you were locked in a cell with no mirror would you lose the sense of you ?
I think the sense of me would still be there. I guess this situation would be equivalent to how a blind person senses him or herself? More through feeling and touch and less through vision or seeing. Maybe it would be a more true sense of self as there is no vision to decieve you and you would have to rely your sense of self on other senses. Not sure where that moves me though?
Your thoughts .. are they constant or do they change all the time according to stimuli time and place ?
My thoughts change all the time. It takes tremendous effort and concentration to keep a constant thought. My guess is that some people can master that through meditation and such but I cannot honestly say that I can do it. I can have a constant tune on my mind (usually an annoying one at that) Does that count It seems my thoughts are a mix of thoughts arising out of outside influences like sound, vision, feelings, smells etc. and then other thought that “I” am starting. Like now when I am writing the answers here. That is thoughts that I am “making up”. I mean it is not all just random responses to stimuli. I can decide to think about a specific thing like a mouse… and an image of a mouse pops up in my head.
Your feelings are they constant .. can you find yourself in them ?
My feelings change all the time. Some can be felt for longer periods of time but never constant. I am not sure what you mean by "can you find yourself in them"? they feel like part of who I am. Feelings are more like my bodies protection or detection system. Helping me react in ways that are beneficial to the continued survival of this body.
Your story .. what is it made up of .. thoughts .. memory .. childhood influences .. events ?
Yes i see my story as made up of the memories and events of my life. But not all events though. Only the ones that decided to stick whether positive or negative. When i look at it I know from an intellectual and logical point of view that these stories should not be able to control my feelings and emotions or actions happening now. They only "live" because I allow them to but many a very deeply rooted and difficult to shake. But all though I understand that, I still find myself having fears or doubts due to past tense events or experiences.
What can you point to that is really you ?
Are you asking me to point to one specific thing? My first response would be to say that it is a combination of many things. The real me is changing all the time, or should I say evolving. Its that is all a matter of perspective. 10 different people might have 10 differnt oppinions about who I am and none of them is exactly equal to my understadning of my self. Even my own perception of me is always changing, constantly growing, constantly evolving. Maybe the real me is a process? I can not point to one thing or spot.
Objects can be known .. are you an object ?
My body is an object (that sounded cheesy:-)) But is it only objects that can be known? How about a story? A fairytale? Can that not be known? Once it has been imagined and told then I guess it is also known. Same with me. I have been thought up and told so now I am known. Like a fairy tale i have been built out of imagination but the manifistation of me is reflected in the listener of the story. Am I imagination?
Look again and tell me with clarity who are you ?
I dont know how to answer the question. I turn up a blank when I try to. The best I can give you is that i am a feeling inside my chest.

longgone1

Postby longgone1 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:21 am

So having looked at all the components of what you have taken to be you and found that they are nothing more than shifting sand .. Having found that you are not to be found anywhere amongst them ..
Would it be fair to say that the you you took yourself to be is not actually real ?
Would it not be more accurate to say that it is a concept ?

longgone1

Postby longgone1 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:31 pm

Hello Cubic77 I'm still here if you want to continue with this .. You have made the first steps .. & you're doing fine .. let's continue ..

Cubic77

Postby Cubic77 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:47 pm

Sleep, work and a 10 month old Got in the way:-) ill be back in a few hours.

Cubic77

Postby Cubic77 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:15 pm

So having looked at all the components of what you have taken to be you and found that they are nothing more than shifting sand .. Having found that you are not to be found anywhere amongst them ..
Would it be fair to say that the you you took yourself to be is not actually real ?
Would it not be more accurate to say that it is a concept ?
Nothing like a day at the office to bring you back to reality:-) Or should I say back in the illusion. I thought I was getting somewhere yesterday but then today I found it hard recapture any clarity. I did have a spontaneous happy hour (not the alcohol meaning of the word) this afternoon where I was silly dancing to loud music and just feeling joy. Haven’t done that in a while. It felt great.

I had this funny feeling when I went to bed last night that we are just sophisticated machines. Humans are the ultimate intelligent robot. Capable of learning and evolving. (Bear with me if this get a little weird?) The body is the nuts and bolts and we do have a very well-functioning electrical system to make all the parts do as they are supposed to. The subconscious is the computer with the coding sending messages to the body though feelings and emotions. This is where you store the programs and delete old ones (if you have administrator rights:-)) The conscious mind is like the anti-virus program or the firewall. Designed to keep the system intact and running. Popping up with warnings whenever programs without a trusted source are trying to be installed. This robots software is so sophisticated that it can even have thought about itself, creating the illusion of itself....

I’m not sure where I am going with this. Just felt I had to get that out. But it leaves me with a sad feeling to think that I am just a robot programmed to do what it takes to survive? Is there no higher purpose with this? Is there no soul connected to this robot? Who is coming up with all of this I am writing here? I am still not feeling it. I am looking without really knowing how to look. I keep identifying with the voice inside my head.

Cubic77

Postby Cubic77 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:59 pm

I really appreciate you taking the time to help me but are you gone long longgone:-)

I am having some small break throughs today. I have found that if I close my eyes and focus in on the thoughts or chatter going on inside my head then they suddenly diminish and disapear! It is like I am watching my thoughts from a distance and as I do that the thoughts looses their power and dies away. Like they are depending on my attention to be real but when there is no one paying attention then they just vanish. This is cool:-) I can feel it takes practice but in those moments just after I try to just observe the thought from a distance, there is a lovely peace and a tingling sensation in the body. Is this what it feels feels like to be in the now?

longgone1

Postby longgone1 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:27 pm

Hi Cubic 77 .. sorry about the delays .. I do check in on the forum to look for movement here .. I have to say I am more of a morning person for this stuff .. and you are probably more free in the evening .. so there may be some overlap ..
I am also going to mention that what we are doing here is only a first step .. a beginning to a whole new vista so I appreciate your concerns about meaning and your soul and so on but I assure you that will all be resolved beautifully afterwards (and we do have an aftercare group for you to join when you have passed through the gate) .. However .. for now we just have to concentrate on the reality that "you" don't exist.

longgone1

Postby longgone1 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:37 pm

I will be clearer in the morning but for now, off the top of my head, I would say you are beginning to get it. Your firewall analogy is a bit like the false self that has to keep itself employed by coming up with all sorts of warnings because once it is seen through it no longer has a job! So .. ignore the warnings they are false reports from an illusory entity !
I would say that those moments of peace and tingly feelings are your first glimpses of this .. keep at it ! As you begin to observe thoughts you are temporarily shifting into awareness and seeing them for the passing phenomena they are .. No substance to them ..
Remember how we went through all the elements that seem to make up your self .. ? Step back into that awareness and look again ..
Tell me .. do you exist ?

Return to “THE GATE”