The door is wide open...

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Damon Kamda
Site Admin

The door is wide open...

Postby Damon Kamda » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:38 am

...and I willl guide you in recognizing and stepping through this door.

If you are Ready: introduce yourself here, tell me where you are and we'll take it from there.

IKNOWGOD

Re: The door is wide open...

Postby IKNOWGOD » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:59 pm

Nomada

this has nothing to do with ur question i m new here and it will take some time for me to get used to the user settings.
but i am happy that atleast i am able to write some thing can u tell me how to go one-on-one.
Also how to post ur posts.

thanx

Damon Kamda
Site Admin

Postby Damon Kamda » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:19 pm

this has nothing to do with ur question i m new here and it will take some time for me to get used to the user settings.
but i am happy that atleast i am able to write some thing can u tell me how to go one-on-one.
Also how to post ur posts.
Read the "Rules of One-on-One" in the announcement section above.

You are now in a one-on-one, because you have replied to my invitation.
There's no escape now :-)

So, what brings you here?

Damon Kamda
Site Admin

Postby Damon Kamda » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:28 pm

Dude, please read the rules of the One-On-One section, don't just just post stuff everywhere! I've deleted all the other comments you've posted here. Read the rules of the forum before you start posting randomly, ok?

This is not a discussion board.

Now, what are you here for?

IKNOWGOD

Postby IKNOWGOD » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:01 pm

Hi nomad i m from india which is called the land of gurus but i m still searching for a real guru who can guide me can u help me in understanding awekening or liberation.

Damon Kamda
Site Admin

Postby Damon Kamda » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:09 pm

Hi nomad i m from india which is called the land of gurus but i m still searching for a real guru who can guide me can u help me in understanding awekening or liberation.
Ok.

All settled in. As you can see, I've deleted all the other stuff you posted. We just got started and we'd really like to keep this place clean, especially the One-on-One section.

Two things:

- No gurus here. The liberating insight we are pointing to here requires no surrender to authority or anyone for that matter- all it requires is honesty, courage and commitment from you.

- Also: this forum is not intended as a discussion board or a place to speculate about the understanding of awakening or liberation, ok? It's about working together to come to a point of recognizing the truth.

Ok?

Now, let's get started. What are you here for? What is awakening or liberation according to you and why are you looking for a guru?

IKNOWGOD

Postby IKNOWGOD » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:14 pm

for me personally guru word has lot of respect as per my tradition and understanding.
by awekening i just mean i have to realize that there is no me but how can one that with all the desires and the real world we live in how can we ignore all this and Ego of course

Damon Kamda
Site Admin

Postby Damon Kamda » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:26 pm

for me personally guru word has lot of respect as per my tradition and understanding
Sure, and I respect that, But for now, JUST FOR NOW, can you drop the understanding of how things are supposed to be? Look at this fresh, as if for the first time.
by awekening i just mean i have to realize that there is no me but how can one that with all the desires and the real world we live in how can we ignore all this and Ego of course
You don't have to ignore anything.

We'll have to take this slow. No need to rush.

Drop the expectations about what enlightenment or liberation is supposed to be like, theoretically, traditionally.
It might turn out to be very different from what you were expecting.

Sit down, slow down, and tell me what is the self? What is "you"?

IKNOWGOD

Postby IKNOWGOD » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:42 pm

Self is just another word for me with no meaning attached to it.What i feel or realize is my inner voice when i sit alone sometimes not the meditation thing but just alone talking to myself there is a voice that come from inside it says what are you doing here??
Go to some place where there are no people no world just beautiful landscape and me alone with nature close to myself and GOD.........what is this feeling?
why is it arise in me when i have a good life??

Damon Kamda
Site Admin

Postby Damon Kamda » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:50 pm

Self is just another word for me with no meaning attached to it
Ok. No meaning at all? I'm not so sure about that, considering you wrote the following:
What i feel or realize is my inner voice when i sit alone sometimes not the meditation thing but just alone talking to myself there is a voice that come from inside it says what are you doing here??
Yeah, there are all sorts of "voices" in the head. Thoughts, ideas, memories, whatever. That's perfectly allright, isn't it? Unless you actually hear an audible, human voice in your head, in which case you might want to pay a visit to your local physician.

What I want you to look at is this "I" you have mentioned quite a bit already. The "I" in "I feel or realize", the "my" in "my inner voice", the "I" in "I sit alone". The "I" that appears to be talking to itself. See, you've used the word "I", "me", "my", "myself" quite a bit already, so there must be some meaning attached to it. What is the "I" you are referring to here? Zoom in on that. That I, what is it, where is it. In which way is it? Elaborate on that.
Go to some place where there are no people no world just beautiful landscape and me alone with nature close to myself and GOD.........what is this feeling?
why is it arise in me when i have a good life??
What feeling exactly? I can't give you an answer unless you are specific about what you are asking here...

IKNOWGOD

Postby IKNOWGOD » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:10 pm

can we communicate without using I,me,mine or myself is there a substitute to these words.I use it as u will use it but since u asked self is ..................blank.
Self is soul that we have (i call it inner voice or conscious) that is there but not visible not heat but the soul.
for me mind is just a medium a tool,which translates my thoughts to communicate with outer world internally i feel calm i dont react and do not see any need to.
Self as an word is undefinable for me as i never use this word you can say that its my inner voice that i call self.
I am comfortable with that.........

Damon Kamda
Site Admin

Postby Damon Kamda » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:17 pm

Of course we can use the word "I" and any personal pronouns in language. It would just be silly to stop using these altogether. They have a pragmatic use. I'm not asking you to stop using these kinds of words.

What I'm asking you to look at is what the word and concept actually refers to.

So you are talking about a soul, an inner voice, a conscious (? I guess you mean consciousness, no?).

And this soul translates your thoughts for the purpose of communication?

What makes a thought "your" thought?
What makes this voice "your" voice?
Who or what owns the thought?
Who or what own the voice?
Where do thoughts come from?
Do "you" create them?
i feel calm i dont react and do not see any need to.
What is the "I" that feels calm, that doesn't react?

Are you beginning to see what I am asking you to look at here?
Not conceptually, but in actual experience right here right now- what is this assumed "I"?

IKNOWGOD

Postby IKNOWGOD » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:38 pm

the thoughts are my personal experience they arise from my day to day exposure.
when i meet people and during my conversation with them,the activities i do.
Even in dream some times in subconscious i feel what i have thought about before sleeping they come to me as memory.
my fingers moves when i command it to or i walk when i think i have to.
thoughts are creation of my mind but are from my experience.
About 'I' this I apart from using as noun,
if we search deep than there is no I its just me as a complete package.
my mind,heart,body and my soul.............All in sync

Damon Kamda
Site Admin

Postby Damon Kamda » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:47 pm

the thoughts are my personal experience they arise from my day to day exposure.
when i meet people and during my conversation with them,the activities i do.
Even in dream some times in subconscious i feel what i have thought about before sleeping they come to me as memory.
Yes, thoughts, memories and dreams are triggered by things that happen in the day-to-day experience.
Now what makes the day-to-day experience personal- what makes it "your" experience? Who or what is the person to whom the experience happens? That is what I want you to look at.
my fingers moves when i command it to or i walk when i think i have to
Really? It seems that way, I know, but I want you to really focus on this.
What actually happens when you move your finger or when you take a walk?

It seems that there is a command "move your finger" and then the finger moves. But look at this process, really look at it. Where/who/what/how is the "I" that is giving this command? In what way does this "I" have this power to command movement?

This commander- the entity issuing the commands to the body- find it. Is it there or is it just an assumed entity? Look!!! Look at the actual experience, don't stay at the level of appearance, but closely observe the process.

Can this entity stop all thoughts?
What happens when I ask you "do not think of a purple zebra"?
thoughts are creation of my mind but are from my experience.
About 'I' this I apart from using as noun,
if we search deep than there is no I its just me as a complete package.
my mind,heart,body and my soul.............All in sync
Yes, there is a human organism, a mind, heart, body, soul all working together perfectly. Yes. But where in this "complete package" is the "I" that is the owner of all these things?

IKNOWGOD

Postby IKNOWGOD » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:28 am

when u ask are these thoughts are personal than its a big No
I was born in this body i have to live the real world experience,
I have to work,I have to make money,do meditation,raise family and other things
but there is no i in 'I" (the small eye is me without my body)
i look at all the worldly activities done by I and i laugh.
i ask what m i doing here,the only purpose of i is to become one with the supreme.
i is never born and do not die it takes different body and forms.
we are just energy,space and the soul never dies it leaves one form and enters another.
it is going on from trillons of years.
As for the I u talking about there is no I just i living in this body performing the Dharma's attached to that body.

Return to “THE GATE”