Findout

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Plopliplo

Findout

Postby Plopliplo » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:13 pm

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this? I see that there is no me here, just floating stuff with no-one to experience it, "I blablabla " is just another thought, and here comes the but, self judgement is weighting down the body and my life situation feels like an impending doom. What am I not seeing?

What are you looking for at LU? Help through my blindspots, exchange, share with others, I'm very isolated so I feel it's time to connect with others. I don't expect anything specific, I'm eager to see how it will unfold. It seems to be the best thing to to today.

What do you expect from a guided conversation? Help and direction, it seems that i have more clarity than ever but as a contradiction I can't get myself to trust life to not put me in my worst nightmare situation. How can find no me and at the same time fear helplessness and struggle. I'm less reactive and more ok with life but it is getting scarier by the minute. Nothing is working anymore and I have less energy. no one is feeling scared and still it feels overwhelming, so much helplessness, I feel stuck and in danger. I can not make my thoughts trust the process. Why does it feel so bad?

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry? Seeking and inquiring for long time, whatever came in, nothing defined or specific. I went to some talks and retreats.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self? 11

Anastacia42

Re: Findout

Postby Anastacia42 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:30 am

Hi,

Sounds like you have some challenges.

It can be hard to see there is no self if you're believing fear & doubt thoughts. Fear & expectations get in the way.

There is a Direct Looking process for fear.

https://youtu.be/jKX1llYtlKE?si=jHXuuyyVtp7c-1R2

And this one:

https://youtu.be/fSTT8nc8cvQ?si=Alcukpbi7SUlXpfi

The only thought we question here is the imagination of a "self." But if other thoughts & fears are being believed this can be difficult.

There are processes out there for questioning our untrue thoughts & beliefs.. My favorite is The Work of Byron Katie.

Here's a snippet about fears:

https://youtu.be/Hl5qtoT2524?si=cZFMiDNvhR7kZ3wu

You can find many videos of her guiding people to question fears on Youtube. Her web site is www.thework.com

Please look at these & see if you can let some of the fear go.

If so, we can proceed. Here is my usual introductory post:

My name is Stacy and I can be your guide, if you would like.

One thing I want to make very clear up front is that with me, it is best that you post every day.

Yes, if once in a while you must post later, please post a note telling me when you will return.

If you haven't already read the disclaimer, please read it now and just confirm to me that you have read it. Here is the link.

http://liberationunleashed.com/disclaimer-2/

Also please read “Liberation Unleashed is not …” in the FAQ’s of LU. Here is the link.

http://liberationunleashed.com/about/faq/#faq-1041

Some housekeeping guidelines:

1. Post at least once a day, or every second day. If you need more time, or are unable to post for several days, just write a quick post on your thread to let me know please.

2. There is no one judging answers given, so please be 100% honest in your answers and inquiry.

3. This exploration is based on actual experience (AE) - smell, taste, sound, sensation, color and observed thoughts. Long-winded analytical and philosophical answers are best avoided and may even hinder progress. This is not a self-improvement process. There is no ‘self’ to improve.

4. Put aside all other teachings, philosophies, rituals, practices, books/reading and so on for the remainder of this investigation. Really put all your effort and attention in to seeing this reality, as it is. If you have a daily meditation practice, it is fine to continue that but is not necessary for this exploration.

Technology is not perfect and sometimes there is a glitch which can wipe out your responses. It is advisable that you copy and paste questions asked into Word, answer them there and then copy and paste them to your thread. Always save a copy of what you have done, it will save time in the long run!

To begin with, so that we both become aware of what your expectations are about this exploration. In your own words (not from actual experience, but just honest answers), could you please answer the 4 following questions:

How will life change?
How will you change?
What will be different?
What is missing?

Throughout this exploration I would like you to answer all questions that I have written in blue text. Please answer all questions even if I miss using the blue text.

Please answer questions individually, remembering to use the quote function to highlight the question being answered.

Below is a link to the video with instructions on using the Quote Function. Please watch it. Use the PREVIEW button to make sure your text looks right before you hit "SUBMIT."

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=660

What would you like for me to call you? What time zone are you in, please?

I know this is a lot. Let me know.

Loving,
~ Stacy

"Thought is a garbage can. If you look into the garbage can, all you will get is garbage."

~ Adyashanti

Plopliplo

Postby Plopliplo » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:05 am

Hi my name is Anne.
Thank you Stacy for being my guide.
I will start by answering your blue questions :
How will life change?
Well, it's not so much that I expect a change from life, I feel it's deeply connected to my resistances and fears. The situation, as I understand it, is challenging more and more acutely my usual avoidance position, my comfort zone. And where before I would be "saved " before it was too uncomfortable, it seems to go full nightmarish now. (No money for the rent).
I feel incapable to do anything useful, I do videos but it doesn't seem to take-off, some years ago I was a good coach and now I can not find a client, I can not find a job either...
So I kind of expect a change here, some activity that would support me.
I see that get fixated on that money problem and it's actually crippling my creativity. I m overwhelmed by doubts and self judgements, I can see life is fluid if I stoo being bothered by them.
How will you change?
I feel that resistance, that "no!" , it's more physical now, I have developed arthritis, digestive issues and I drink wine now..
Few months ago I've seen more clearly that I cannot find a me in my experience and since that a lot of old fears and patterns are showing up.
Somehow it's hard to find any solace in the absence and the emptiness, it feels so contradictory. There's no me to be found but my life and my body are showing the battle between an incapable lazy apathetic character and an impending doom, it feels like a lost battle.
It feels existential.
I know everything is perfect and all is unfolding towards more clarity. I know it's all love, why can't I surrender to that. The remains of me is this resistance. It's like having the hand on the stove and not being able to move it.

What will be different?
I suppose I expect relief, the end of the tension.
The tension is fixated on that survival money theme, it would just subside but I feel the clinch inside that doesn't want to let go before the situation is solved and I know that it won't work this way, there's a sort of panic is this contradiction. feeling trapped.
I feel guilty, but it's just guilt, theres no me to feel it, it makes no sense and I can't force trust there, I feel the urge to run and avoid.
What is missing?
Trust?
A clic that would resolve the contradiction ?
A feeling of okayness in the body... an palpable effect of the knowing : it's all ok as it is and there's no incapable me to fail anything. Maybe I lure myself and I'm still clinging to that me wanting it to be adequate. I don't know.

That what is coming today I hope it gives you a sense of where I'm at.
What would you like for me to call you? What time zone are you in, please?
I'm in Sweden, it's European time, you can call me anytime.

Thank you so much.
Anne

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:45 am

Hi Anne,

It's nearly 3 am here in Colorado.

Thank you for your answers. I'm sorry money has become so difficult.

Please watch the videos soon & report back.

Much love
~ Stacy

"Thought is a garbage can. If you look into the garbage can, all you will get is garbage."

~ Adyashanti

Plopliplo

Postby Plopliplo » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:24 pm

Hi Stacy
I've watched the videos thx.
I feel caught in the middle of what's true and what's going on.
I feel so close and so far away. Nothing seems to bulge.
I would really like to chat with you, when the time is right for your location and your availability.

Happy to meet you, thanks again.
Anne.

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:38 pm

Hi,

I'm near Boulder, Colorado, USA. Happy to guide you here in the forum. This is how we do it - back and forth in this forum. Some guides may do teleconference. I don't.

Now what comes up when reading that there is no separate self, never has been, and never will be? That the whole thing was a made up story that we believed.

Loving,
~ Stacy

~ Adyashanti

Plopliplo

Postby Plopliplo » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:57 am

Hi
Sorry I misread when you ask what to call me into how to make a call because next to it was the time zone question, so to answer properly you can call me Anne.
Now what comes up when reading that there is no separate self, never has been, and never will be? That the whole thing was a made up story that we believ
Yes I can see that I never found one now, it is only as a hint, an evocation in mind stories.
There's only mind talking and no one is listening, just the body contracting and a urge to recoil from the life situation.
That why there's frustration. Just the mind , the body and silence, like a resistance to fully express to fully see the consequences of the truth in daily life.
So much fear left about helplessness and at the same time no doer to be found, I must still believe in a separate me but I don't know how.

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:57 am

Thank you Anne.

Yes, that question checks for fears.

Watch this, please?

https://youtu.be/dwriGRbAfUg?si=vtwtEgO_kJn8-g7x

Loving,
~ Stacy

~ Adyashanti

Plopliplo

Postby Plopliplo » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:56 am

Hi Stacy, the link you gave me send to an ad?

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:01 pm

On YouTube sometimes an ad will play first and Then on the Ride It will say skip and you Go to one called Deep Looking by IlonI

Cl8ck skip at bottom right after brief countdown

https://youtu.be/jKX1llYtlKE?si=oSzSYUiEByK6QFVg
~ Stacy

~ Adyashanti

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:26 am

Anne, did you watch the video on fear?

Much love
~ Stacy

~ Adyashanti

Plopliplo

Postby Plopliplo » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:23 pm

Yes, thanks
Sorry for being silent so long, my situation is very triggering and I find it difficult to face.
Love
Anne

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:35 pm

That is okay. Maybe this isn't the best time for you to go through this inquiry. Maybe you want to find a way to handle some of the fear first.

Much love,
~ Stacy

~ Adyashanti

Return to “THE GATE”