Truth Seeker

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Zigzag

Re: Truth Seeker

Postby Zigzag » Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:00 pm

please keep inquiring like that, until all this becomes crystal clear.
The attention or attending is perceiving !

When I see, hear, feel, sense, taste, notice thoughts etc., the seeing is attention, hearing is attention, taste is attention etc.. !! so attention to an object, brings it into perception, same for thoughts, feelings and all senses!

When I look for an "I", the attention , does not fall on anything !

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:41 am

The attention or attending is perceiving !

Are these you yourself?

Zigzag

Postby Zigzag » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:33 pm

Are these you yourself?
No it is not me. It is the experience, seeing, hearing, thinking, feeling.

Zigzag

Postby Zigzag » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:50 pm

Let me elaborate on how this conclusion that there is no "I" came about !

Two days ago, while sitting on the couch, a very strong thought that triggers deep suffering showed up. Usually this will send me into a thought spiral, causing strong emotions, judgements and bad sensations. That day I saw the thought arise, I let it be there, I felt the tightness and reactions in the body. I looked at why this thought formed and why it bothered me so much. Suddenly there was a realization that this is how it should be and would be and there was nothing that "I" could have done to change what happened!!!. I felt this subtle shift, where a weight, a pressure (it was a body sensation of tightness) was released. I was lighter (again a sensation, but it was felt to the core). Since then resistance to what is here and happening decreased and I just go along with life. I keep looking for the prior heaviness to come back! but so far it has not :) No idea what this signifies !! Although It is easier to be present now and to notice the senses and thoughts.

The investigation on senses and thought continues. Seeing or hearing is a combination of just pure seeing/hearing and the thought immediately trying to interpret this ! Even the sense of "I" seems to be a combination of thoughts interpreting the sensations and giving it a label. It happens very quickly !!!!! For now I cannot stop these thoughts, so I just let it be.. The thoughts with prior memory, label, classify, judge, and just interferes with everything :(

Now the questions is how to stop this thought overlay? "I" will continue my constant watching for now.

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:57 am

Hi Zig. :)

What makes you want to stop it overlay?

Warmly,

Kento

Zigzag

Postby Zigzag » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:02 pm

What makes you want to stop it overlay?
The expectation that the thought overlay should stop, so I can see reality without boundaries (the cup question). Which is nothing but another thought/idea. So "thought" just wants to stop thinking :) Only clarity is "here and now" is what is real! This one insight has made life more enjoyable.

Zigzag

Postby Zigzag » Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:58 pm

Only clarity is "here and now" is what is real!
Hmm is this really true !
"Me" being preset in the moment and witnessing is experientially better than being absent ! Who is present and absent(Is it ever absent) ? Not the imaginary "I"!

Now this new question is being asked , "Is there anything real? I cannot see a concrete answer to this ! Again going in circles :)

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:37 pm

Only clarity is "here and now" is what is real!
This is an idea.

Sounds like you're playing with random thoughts; let's focus more.

Who is aware of all of what you wrote?

Zigzag

Postby Zigzag » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:39 am

Who is aware of all of what you wrote?
It must be the "I" ! I guess back to square one :) look at direct experience of senses.

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:50 pm

Yes, Zig. Please observe further and report what comes up.

Zigzag

Postby Zigzag » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:30 pm

Please observe further and report what comes up.
I have looked and "I" looked ! There is no me to be found anywhere ! I looked while walking, talking, seeing, hearing, feeling and watched thoughts endlessly. This looking is just happening now! Life is just happening, there is no "I", but the sense of "I" is still around. How do "I" know this ? well I am still seeking ! What am I missing here , other than the "I" :) ?

Zig

Bananafish

Postby Bananafish » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:56 pm

Hi Zig. :)

but the sense of "I" is still around.

Ok, please observe this again and again, until it's clear what this is.

Kento

Return to “THE GATE”