What Am I?

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
pear

What Am I?

Postby pear » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:24 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
This it what comes up for me to do to the understanding and experience that there is no separate self. What Am I? What is the Truth about what I am? Guidance 5 years ago point me to let go ALL concepts and ideas. There was fear in doing that the fear is lessen as i question my thoughts and saw what i was beliv this is what i am guided to do now.

What are you looking for at LU?
Assistance in pointing to the absence of a separate self. I need to realized pull up the veil and see. I have had experience that there is nothing empty but everything. Everything is okay there is nothing but that. Guidance lead me to you. My search for the Truth came after having a tumor removed from neck which cause memory issues and comprise my thinking. Most of the times i was thoughtless for several years however I didn't realized the benefit of that until later. Did a self study with A course of miracle which resonated with me. I continued my search with Carolyn Myss studying intuitive medicine ( registered Nurse by profession) for 4 years and then her entering the castle, mystic Theresa of Avila for 2 years. That's when my guidance became a voice...I was coaching clients on nutrition and life..when the voice said let go of your clients now and heal yourself first. I always thought the mind was the cause of all illness so i knew that met to heal my mind. I obeyed because the voice clear. I thought it was the voice of GOD or the HS. I went back to studying the course of miracles. a few months latter my son was having alcohol issues and suicide thoughts. A voice said several times to don't interfere just love him. I was puzzled and asked how can a MOTHER (concept idea) love her SON without interfering? my voice said stop the course of miracles and listen to ME. My son committed suicide. I tried my best not to interfere and to love him the best I could. Then i ran across regina Dawn ackers book NTI and Inner Ramana. And I have been "purifying my mind" by looking at thoughts questioning them, finding the belief and asking if it true for 5 years pretty consistently using Ramana Maharshi techniques. My desire is strong to the question what am I? My desire is strong to awakening to the truth. Guidance directing me to let go ALL concepts and IDEAS. my guidance is pointing to LU for helping the me to let go the concept of me. i've had brief experience of no separation and beyond self is nothing, but everything empty ..those words don't explain.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
I would like to work with Kay. I know I have to do the work, no-one can do that for me. I am grateful that LU is there to assist in any way it can. MY desire is to release beliefs that I am my thoughts, concepts of ideas of Me. Point me to an absence of a separate self

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
Self inquiry regina dawn ackers 5 years byron katie one workshop. self study ACIM Carolyn Myss intuitive medicine LIFE

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

forgetmenot

Re: What Am I?

Postby forgetmenot » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:06 am

Hello Pear,

Thank you for your in depth introduction. You have asked me for your guide and I am happy to assist you in exploring the idea of the separate self. At LU we are described as guides - not teachers - as our role is to directly point to what IS, through the use of exercises and questions. Your role is to LOOK carefully to what is being pointed at. It is this simple LOOKING (not thinking) that brings the realisation that there is no separate self and never has been. This is an experiential based guiding and is not a discussion or a debate.

Here are links to information I would like you to read before we begin.

Disclaimer:-

http://liberationunleashed.com/disclaimer-2/

Terms & Conditions:-

https://www.liberationunleashed.com/register/terms/

“Liberation Unleashed is not …” in the FAQ’s of LU.

http://liberationunleashed.com/about/faq/#faq-1041

Please learn to use the quote function. When replying to a question, please use the quote function to highlight the question being answered. Instructions are located in the link below:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=660

Please confirm that you have read the disclaimer and the other links and we can then begin the exploration.

Withe love, Kay
Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists.
https://freedomalreadyis.com/

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:10 am

Hello Pear,

With regards the quote function as per your email...I will explain it once you have responded to your thread. Just send a reply here, on your thread, in other words, post a reply to this, saying that you have read all the links

Thanks
Kay

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:21 am

Hello Pear,

Have you sorted out replying to these posts?

Kay

pear

Postby pear » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:53 am

"What AM I?"

I don't know it is as simple as that.

In 2011, I was journaling and I ask the question what am i? not knowing anything about Ramana Marharshi and a thought came up SPiRIT. Funny i thought i knew what spirit was. I don't know.

I am at times practicing meditating with a thought/question Who is always here. Nothing comes up, but there is a sense that i am getting close. a detachment seems to be forming. Not sure if that describes it clearly. My practice colleagues imply that I AM ....awareness.. I AM Aware? I haven't experience such. I don't know. However in 2011 i had a strong sense of knowing . I can't say what knowing is but it didn't feel like it was a what. Just knowing.

What AM I ? I question my thoughts today and nothing came up and asked What AM I?
What AM I? I Am not my thoughts? sometimes the thoughts seem foreign and a few times there is a detachment from thoughts and most times i believe my thoughts are me. Who is me?

I may not be able to post daily..work is very demanding and we just moved and my husband an I are donating, selling and giving away STUFF. Will that be okay? I will do my best to post daily. At times i am so overwhelm but the overwhelm is not the previous overwhelm i felt before ...it is kind of a foreign like it is not mine..but whose is it? It just a thought and that thought is just a thought.

pear

Postby pear » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:05 am

"What AM I?"

I am experiencing the feeling of intense intense guilt a couple days ago. I felt like i was going to explode! Guilt is a thought..it is just a thought too. That thought is attached to an idea that I have done something wrong. what's the question here? now. who is the I that feels that? Nothing comes up. Sleep with the prayer of What AM I?

Good night

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:48 am

Hello Pear,

Lovely to see that you have worked out how to use the forum.
I may not be able to post daily..work is very demanding and we just moved and my husband an I are donating, selling and giving away STUFF. Will that be okay? I will do my best to post daily.
That is okay, thank you for letting me know. Just let me know if you are unable to answer within 3 days, so that I know that you are still wanting to continue this exploration, otherwise it can seem as if you have just stopped and are no longer interested.

Some housekeeping guidelines:-

1. Please answer what's true for you once you have looked to see what is being pointed at, rather than any sort of 'ideal' answer. Ideal answers may sound good but will be of no benefit to you in having you realise that there is no separate self. There is no one judging answers given, so please be100% honest in your answers and inquiry.

2. This exploration is based on actual experience (AE) - smell, taste, sound, sensation, colour and observed thoughts. Long-winded analytical and philosophical answers are best avoided and may even hinder progress. This is not a self-improvement process. There is no ‘self’ to improve.

3. Put aside all other teachings, philosophies, rituals, practices, books/reading and so on for the remainder of this investigation. Really put all your effort and attention in to seeing this reality, as it is. If you have a daily meditation practice, it is fine to continue that but is not necessary for this exploration. Be here with an open and curious mind.

Technology is not perfect and sometimes there is a glitch which can wipe out your responses. It is advisable that you copy and paste questions asked into Word, answer them there and then copy and paste them to your thread. Always save a copy of what you have done in Word - it will save you time in the long run!

To begin with, so that we both become aware of what your expectations are about this exploration ie what life will look like; what life will feel like and what you want/hope will change or not change etc. Could you please answer the 4 following questions in your own words:-

How will life change?
How will you change?
What will be different?
What is missing?

Throughout this exploration I would like you to answer ALL questions that I have written in blue text. Please answer questions individually, remembering to use the quote function to highlight the question being answered.

Please have another look at how to use the quote function.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=660

Kay

pear

Postby pear » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:23 am

1. Please answer what's true for you once you have looked to see what is being pointed at, rather than any sort of 'ideal' answer. Ideal answers may sound good but will be of no benefit to you in having you realise that there is no separate self. There is no one judging answers given, so please be100% honest in your answers and inquiry.
Will do Kay, I recognized that I may have wanted to give ideal answers as you commented on it. IDONOTWANTTHATNOW! My desire is strong, very strong to know the truth...I had a brief experience in 2011 that I was not separate from my daughter ..That there was only one. But i remember there was strong desire and focus to know and realize there was no sparate self.
I didn't persue that experience ..i don't know why but there was an decision not to. I am grateful to be 100% honest i want to be just that. Call me on what you see, i sense the truth of what i am doing and it will be corrected. Thank you. Thank you for your time. I AM sincere and will learn to navigate this very soon.

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:32 am

Hello Pear,

No worries about me pulling you up if I see you are not looking, but thinking your answers instead. I am here to guide for your benefit...as I have already had the realisation. Can you please answer the 4 questions in my previous post.

Kay

pear

Postby pear » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:40 am

How will life change?
Without a separate self there may be no one to please hallelujah! With out a separate self. My experience was with my daughter..there was a knowing that the experience was reference to her but there was no her or me. Life maybe clear and simple. I had this thought that life was love and light. That thought was a different kind of thought. I don't know what love is or the context of light is. I can't explain now but life is not what it appears to be, not even. Life guides me but who is me? I am not trying to say now what is correct. when my son died I asked god if he was okay and a thought came after 20 mins or so "that tree you see is okay, that rock is okay, the gravel is okay the sky is okay, the clouds "etc. Then later as there was an experience that there was nothing but okay...nothing exist other than okay, hard to say but the experience was there was only one okay.
How will life change it will be okay.

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:42 am

The questions are for you and I to become aware of your expectations of what it will feel like/look like when you have had the realisation. So, please answer the questions from that place....the expectations of what you want from having the realisation.

Kay

pear

Postby pear » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:50 am

The questions are for you and I to become aware of your expectations of what it will feel like/look like when you have had the realisation. So, please answer the questions from that place....the expectations of what you want from having the realisation.
Will do .. will sleep on it.

blessing with love

pear

Postby pear » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:10 pm

OKay Kay thanks, I am grateful, I will post in three days and reply in blue the the qu0tesbat the lead. aware of my expectations are coming up i willing to be 100% honest i will drop allotter teachings. thank you thank you and thank you. must go now

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:35 am

Hi Pear,

You do not need to highlight your text in blue. Just use the quote function, like you did and that will be fine.

Kay

pear

Postby pear » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:13 am

How will life change?
This is what came up now....Life doesn't change my perception changes.

Return to “THE GATE”