Liberation

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Suzanne68

Liberation

Postby Suzanne68 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:14 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
I understand that the guidance is there to help me experience conceptually and directly non self so that I can eventually realize the true nature of phenomena. I IMAGINE THE GUIDANCE is there to point at the true nature of self,which is non self.

What are you looking for at LU?

I am starting to understand emptiness in short bouts of direct experience through readings. I think at this point I need more guidance to move along the path. My understanding of emptiness is superficial and although I truly want to know the truth, I feel stuck.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?

Mostly guidance and a form of structure to sustain my quest to understand emptiness. I would appreciate answers to my questions as this is. It an easy subject to tackle by oneself. I feel that the teachings are best understood with guidance from someone more advanced.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
Buddhism teachings, meditation practice, silent retreats, mbsr program, readings

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self? 11

adilerten

Re: Liberation

Postby adilerten » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:57 am

Hello Suzanne,
My name is Adil and i am ready to guide you if you will.
When you are ready reply this post please.
Thank you
Events happen, deeds are done, but there is no individual doer thereof."
Buddha

Suzanne68

Postby Suzanne68 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:21 pm

Hi Adil!
Glad to read you! We may start.

adilerten

Postby adilerten » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:20 pm

Hi Adil!
Glad to read you! We may start.
So before we start, i would like to share some tips to make our
dialogue smooth and effective:

1. Please write as much as you can; I would advise you to
write at least once a day, in order to keep it fresh and buid a momentum.

2. Our main focus here is on seeing through the illusion of
what we call "I," "me," or "self." Please set aside all the teachings
you've learned from books, retreats, youtube, and so on, for the sake
of not bringing bias to what we'll do during our conversation.

3. Process will be mostly answering my questions, its best efficiant if you may answer them one
by one..Please be always 100% honest with your answers
Don't choose the "right." answer, from "what comes up" There's no one here to judge or critisise.
If you are stuck with any issue, we can always take a close look at it.

4-set aside all other spiritually related materials (books, videos etc.) so that you can completely focus on your own direct experience.

5-Here's a link that shows how to use the quote function: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fAToDNh9hQ[/

6- I would suggest you read "What Liberation Unleashed is not" from this link http://www.liberationunleashed.com/about/faq/#faq-1041

All ok?
Buddha

adilerten

Postby adilerten » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:25 pm

Could you please tell me what comes when i tell you:

There is NO YOU!
You have never existed in any form!
There is no you in or outside of a body!

Please write what comes..

Sending much love
Thank you
Buddha

adilerten

Postby adilerten » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:49 pm

Hello Suzanne
I would like to remind you to write at least once a day, in order to keep it fresh and buid a momentum.
Thank you
Buddha

Suzanne68

Postby Suzanne68 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:03 pm

There is NO YOU!

It feels daunting and scary. If there is no me, what is there? And at the same time I'm starting to get what emptiness is intellectually. However I don'T feel comfortable with the statement, and I still seek the comfort of the self with fantasies and scenarios. The reflex is very deep. I think I'm able to receive this idea, but I can't stay in this new reality.
Do I still get to be fun if there is no me? Do I still get to live fully? I like me! I don't want to let go. It feels like one foot in, one foot out.

adilerten

Postby adilerten » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:43 pm

There is NO YOU!

It feels daunting and scary. If there is no me, what is there? And at the same time I'm starting to get what emptiness is intellectually. However I don'T feel comfortable with the statement, and I still seek the comfort of the self with fantasies and scenarios. The reflex is very deep. I think I'm able to receive this idea, but I can't stay in this new reality.
Do I still get to be fun if there is no me? Do I still get to live fully? I like me! I don't want to let go. It feels like one foot in, one foot out.
Thank you for the answer :)

It seems scary but what is fear protecting ? It is protecting something does not exist.

There has never been a ‘you’, even if it seems that way. What appears in the dream appears, and will go on appearing even the idea of a ‘you’ having fun out of life. Why would this change?

The sense of being is not going to vanish. Nothing is going to change. It already is as it is. What drops is the belief that “I” is the orchestrator. And nothing drops it. It just falls away when the truth is seen.

Expectations are future bound, as if there is someone/something waiting for something to be a particular way - as if there is something missing in life right now. There is only ever now.
Now i strongly advice you to drop any kind of expectations and focus on our work .

Let's go on..
Buddha

adilerten

Postby adilerten » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:45 pm

Here in liberation unleashed we will be using term "looking" and direct/actual experience often!
LOOKING is not done by thinking. It is plain looking.

The term ‘actual experience or direct experience is used to refer to experience ‘right now,’ and noticing the thought stories about them...
so ‘looking’ is just plain looking at what is here right now –
It is the raw experience of direct experiences color, sound, smell, sensation, taste and the simple knowing of thought at face value. not the content of thought.
The key to this exploration is the careful LOOKING because it’s the act of actually LOOKING and not finding an “I” that brings about the realization of there being no separate self.

IS this clear ?
Buddha

adilerten

Postby adilerten » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:51 pm

Can you tell me where does this "I" reside ?
Can you point a certain location ?
Where does the finger show ?
Don't think look! Like you are looking for your keys in your pocket!
Is there any ?
Where ?
Buddha

Suzanne68

Postby Suzanne68 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:05 am

Yes all clear!
Thanks 👍

Suzanne68

Postby Suzanne68 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:26 am

Is there any ?
Where ?
I think the I resides inside the body. I keep pointing at myself... towards the heart, but I can’t tell where exactly. It’s slipping when I really try to find it. I can’t find it. But I feel so me! Very strange!

adilerten

Postby adilerten » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:13 am

Is there any ?
Where ?
I think the I resides inside the body. I keep pointing at myself... towards the heart, but I can’t tell where exactly. It’s slipping when I really try to find it. I can’t find it. But I feel so me! Very strange!
Sure as you may guess if we cut open that chest, we won't be able to find an i inside right ? :)
So you say i "feel"
Ok then take a good look at this feeling!
Take your time focus and tell me please
Does this 'feeling' suggest or knows in anyway that it is a "Suzanne" ?
Is that feeling is an actual sensation?
Buddha

Suzanne68

Postby Suzanne68 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:13 am

Sure as you may guess if we cut open that chest, we won't be able to find an i inside right ? :)
So you say i "feel"
Ok then take a good look at this feeling!
Take your time focus and tell me please
Does this 'feeling' suggest or knows in anyway that it is a "Suzanne" ?
Is that feeling is an actual sensation?

[/quote]
Hi! Of course I know that if we open the chest there won’t be any I. But why do I keep going back to this future bound sense that the fantasies seem to bring me? It seems as if I’m not engaged in anything, I zone out right away... am i unable to live the present moment at all? Is it to ordinary or boring for my ego? And how does one look without thinking at all?
So no I don’t feel there is a definite Suzanne inside the body or the mind, but I’m a slave to my thoughts then. To me, staying with the sensations in the moment seems impossible. E
That’s what I mean, by being in between full realization and intellectually understanding. This is disturbing. Your thoughts are welcome 🙂

Suzanne68

Postby Suzanne68 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:43 pm

However, when I say " I feel, I only have a vague sense of self. There’s the body, the mind, and the thoughts that keep popping on their own, but I can’t seem to find the definite I.
It feels like it’s there, but I can’t put my finger on it so to speak.

Return to “THE GATE”